Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 09:18 AM

15 posts, read 27,196 times

Advertisements

@Eldemila

Thanks for your reply. I really didn't want to sound that evil this morning - it really isn't me to be like that. I had just read all the different things that were negative and extremely unhappy about it. surely anyone can understand that. I was thinking about it and wondering when the small pretzels were actually sold etc. On Saturday, which seems to be when the posts were made, we were preparing for a charity event - the Beach Ball Foundation event. We were told to bring small portions of different things etc. On that day I wasn't in the store because I was also participating in the Upstate Women's Show. I wonder - did you all get the small pretzels on Saturday? I am seriously thinking that one of the "mice" sold the small ones, which were meant for the event. I will be in the store this afternoon and have a serious discussion with my afternoon staff. I do appreciate getting feedback from my customers - sorry if that was misunderstood earlier. As for the size of the pretzels - they are normally a good size. Each piece of dough is weighed by hand and then rolled, dipped etc. We have had to employ some new staff, they are still in training. I know that the pretzels sometimes are smaller in size due to trainees not rolling properly. And I am probably the biggest nag in the world when it comes to getting the pretzels right. Glad to hear you liked the scones. They are not yet one of our regular items, but I will talk to the morning crew to have them on a daily basis. Thanks for taking the time to write back! Hope to meet you in person one day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 09:39 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
Sounds like the place is going downhill. I'd give it 6 months (maybe less) before it closes for good. Not trying to be rude, just stating the truth.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:30 PM

why would you say something like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Sounds like the place is going downhill. I'd give it 6 months (maybe less) before it closes for good. Not trying to be rude, just stating the truth.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:36 PM

Ahh - after looking at your profile, I understand that you are a young. You are most likely looking for a different product. Sorry not to have what you expected.

Quote:

Old 09-01-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarianpretz1 View Post
why would you say something like that?
Well, because the latest reviews are less than stellar and instead of the owner originally using that criticism to make the establishment better, he or she was being rude about it on this forum. That is not the way to make a place successful in my opinion. Criticism is a company's best offense. The good news is that your latest posts make it sound like you'll make things right hopefully. I would really like to see this place succeed in the long run. Maybe even open up an additional location downtown.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:06 PM

Your comment is not criticism - it is merely rude.
Quote:
Well, because the latest reviews are less than stellar and instead of the owner using that criticism to make the establishment better, he or she is being rude about it on this forum. That is not the way to make a place successful in my opinion. Criticism is a company's best offense.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Your comment is not criticism - it is merely rude.
Oh, I wasn't talking about my comment being criticism. I was talking about the reviews other forum members gave on the establishment as being criticism. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 09-01-2010, 04:01 PM

49 posts, read 102,968 times
Hold on guys. Did you ever think that you might have caught them during a bad day, or during a really busy time? I've been a frequent customer for a while now and haven't ever come across less than stellar pretzels or service. The staff always seems friendly and more than happy to help and the food is always great! I can understand how the owner could get defensive in a situation like this, they have to back up their "product" so to speak.

For those of you who have never been, don't let these posts discourage you from trying them out... this goes for this situation and with any other restaurant or store. A review is an opinion, so I wouldn't base my knowledge of somewhere off of a strangers' opinion.. but that's just me And I do think its rude to give a restaurant a "lifespan" when you've never been, especially if the owner has posted on the forum.. how about a little common courtesy, please? Restaurant owners and entrepreneurs pour everything they have into their business. They may have bad days, and the staff may screw up, but I commend the owner for having the courage to do what they do and still be open about the business to the public. That says alot about how they run their business, and that gives them alot of credit in my book. Just my two cents.

People persecute on this forum for being a cheerleader. I "cheer" for Greenville, and I'll do it here too! Go Bavarian Pretzel Factory! Best wishes and I wish you much success.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:13 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
Just wanted to add an update...

Went in this afternoon, unfortunately, no scones, but I did try something I can't even tell you the name of, but it was spot on, delicious! It had a hard dark chocoate top, a white mousse type of vanilla filling, on top of a chocolate mousse type filling that was extremely light, followed by a cake type bottom. I was disappointed there were no scones, but that quickly turned around. Should there have been scones, I wouldn't have tried this, so it wasn't all that bad.

The young lady that waited on me was very pleasant, no problems with the service.

As for when I got the pretzels, it was on a Saturday, it was around 1pm-ish, I think? But I do believe, if you were the same gal there today, you were there on Saturday when I went. At least I remember someone that was making the pretzels that looked like the same person that was there today, blondish hair wearing a t-shirt and shorts?? You were doing dough, looked possibly like foccacia.

Any scones tomorrow? I need to go down that way again.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:47 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Ever been to Germany? Guess not....Guess you were looking for something with frosting etc. Sorry, only natural ingredients.
Wow, that was uncalled for. Our family is from all over the world; Greece, America and the Philippines. I didn't want "frosting" your strudel was just a little dry and not that moist, that's all. I want local businesses to succeed, but I was just being honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area