Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 01:21 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,273,004 times

Advertisements

I love Christmas. Were going to the grandparents as usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 06:06 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,314,426 times
tngirl..I'm glad you received so much love and caring and support at the candlelight service..Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2012, 07:35 AM

"Hi" to everyone! Hard to know what to say when it comes to "greetings" anymore..Anyway I hope we all do okay even though we are "missing" some of our loved ones...I want to send a great big "thank you" up to my Mom this morning for teaching me how to be a "rock!" And for teaching me how to hold the "fort down" no matter what!..When I was growing-up my Mom used to say that life wasn't just "about me" or "us." She always stressed that there were others to "consider" in the scheme of things...When my husband died I couldn't afford to "fall-apart" because I still had my son...And now that my son is gone I have to "keep going" to take care of his cat and my 2 cats and myself!...I consider it a miracle that my cat Silky "made-it" to Christmas! YEA!..Hopefully he will be able to "beef-up" and stick around for awhile..But if not I'm just grateful that we were able to be together for Christmas this year!...Anyway "hi" to everyone and lots of love! Good that we don't have to create a "budget" when it comes to love. (Like we have to "budget" money!)

Old 12-25-2012, 05:58 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Just got home from dinner. What a spectacular dinner it was! The prime rib was melt in your mouth dekicious, the mashed were so good and the veggies were small summer squash and zuchinni with butternut and onions twice baked. Mmmmm delicious.

I spent just about 6 hours over there and had lots of stories and laughs. Even talked about Earl a little with no tears. Judy and I have known each other for 50 years. Lots of history between us. We knew each other's parents, siblings (hers) and even grandmothers! We never tire of talking.

It was a very nice day.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:21 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,216,684 times
Tam,
Glad to hear you had a wonderful day.
Thank you all for your encouragment and kind and generous words.

Cal, please call me when you feel up to it, I would love to hear from you. I wish I wasn't a big baby and I am not doing well.

I bought some food and I am cooking once again and finally eating. i am so depressed it is hard for me to eat and that is not good for my body.

I see my Doctor this week and I am going to ask her what is the best course of treatment. I hibernate in my house and I just want to be alone. I will sign up for events on meet ups but not end up going. Grrrrr.

I hate meeting people and I am trying to make new friends but it is too tiresome for me.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:32 PM

379 posts, read 533,410 times
smilin, I really hope you go to the doctor and see if you can't get something to help you through this time. Stress and depression can do harm to your body and I don't want to see you get any more down. Keep your chin up girl, I am rooting for you. And I am also worried about you.

tami, glad you had a good day at your friends. It sounded wonderful!

As for me, my day turned out great! My neighbor Louise came over for dinner. She cooked a big meal yesterday for her and her son and his girlfriend. She had tons of leftovers. I had bought myself a small beef roast and cooked it in the crockpot; also had some zucchini and yellow squash I needed to cook. So Louise brought over her leftover mashed potatoes and green beans and added it to the meal and we had a very nice dinner. She also made a coconut cake that she brought.

After dinner, we went to the movies!! You know, I don't remember the last time I have been in a movie theater......probably close to 30 years or so!! We saw "Lincoln." It was a great movie. And the cost for being a senior? 4 bucks!! Any movie...4 bucks. So, I have added a new fun pasttime...going to the movies. smilin, are the movie theaters still open in Prescott? Would you enjoy that? Just curious.

Well, I have one more day off and back to work on Thursday. As usual, the time has flown by.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:36 PM

smilinpretty..I sent you a private message earlier. Thanks for checking-in..
I decided to stay-in and rest and hibernate today. I wish I had close and longtime friends living nearby like tngirl and tamiznluv do..Unfortunately my longtime friends live far away...I feel grateful to have a few local friends and they have been caring...But they don't talk much and sometimes I feel lonely when I'm with them...I ate dinner with my local friend and her husband yesterday...They were sweet to include me...We're all suppose to watch movies or shows or games on their big screen TV when I visit them and just talk during commercials. ( Even on holidays.)...Oh well! I guess we all come from different cultures and have different "norms" and ways!...I think I may hibernate tomorrow too except for going out to get more cat food...Good you bought food and have been cooking a little more...Sometimes I just eat to exist. Even though I try to spoil myself and cook my favorite foods everything tastes blah...But I still eat. And I keep trying to enjoy meals more...I guess it will just take time...Please check-in when you feel up to writing. Thanks.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:00 PM

Tami and tngirl...I'm glad you both had such a great Christmas!...Maybe things will be better and more lively for me next year. Right now I'm just trying to get through each day and get past the holidays...My local friends have been caring but they aren't very talkative or "lively."...A longtime family friend insisted on taking me out for lunch on my birthday at the end of Nov. And this was nice of him...But he's just not much of a talker and there were long periods of silence during the day...I try to start conversations but sometimes there is only a one (or two) word response and everything "goes silent" again...It can be lonely to spend time with "non-talkers." (Even if they are nice and caring people.)...When I feel better I'll try to make friends with people who like to talk more and laugh etc...I'm glad you both had fun with your friends on Christmas...It helps to have caring and "lively people" around us. All of my "lively friends" live far away from me now. We talk on the phone at times and this helps.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:57 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,419,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Next Sunday my son would have been 29 years old. Christmas was his favorite holiday and it was mine as well

My husband and I didn't decorate the house this year and will not be celebrating Christmas this year. I finally bought gifts for my sons' new baby, who was born six months after my son died. My child never saw his own child, and that knowledge is unbearable for me. The baby is named after my son and I can't bring myself to call him that name. I am happy for my son's wife though, because her new baby has given her purpose.

For those who are able, I wish you a Happy Holidays. For those who are not able, I wish you some measure of peace in the coming year.
I'm not sure if this makes any difference....but by sharing with us about your son, your grandson and your grief it is keeping the wonderfulness of who he was and always will be alive. It has touched me dearly... and your son's son needs you and your husband to touch him the same way. God Bless.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:00 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,216,684 times
Hi all,

Thanks for your concern. I see my Doctor tomorrow...as I am quite concerned about myself. Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy New Year. Bless you all!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning