Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2013, 12:35 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times

Advertisements

Yesterday was a bummer for me also, tn. It was worse than last year's. I think I was in so much grief last year that not much was getting through to me so I really don't remember how I reacted last year. It may have, IJDK. THIS year my hysteria is over and watching and seeing all the stuff building up to yesterday made me feel so empty inside that I cried for myself quite a few times.

It's over now for another year, TG. This is going to be a very tough "holiday" every year until if or when we find another sweetheart.

Congrats on the new recliner! I'm sitting in mine too. That was so nice of you to give your old one to that young couple. Jim would be so proud of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 04:20 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,314,426 times
tngirl...Great that you bought yourself the recliner. Sorry that you felt down later on...I threw myself into some work that needed to be done.. Later on I watched news coverage about the Carnival ship that docked in Mobile, Alabama...Most of the time I forgot that it was Valentine's Day...I was going to have lunch with one of my (widowed) male neighbors yesterday but we postponed it until Saturday to avoid the crowds...We're just friends. Neither one of us are ready to date yet. He had a rough time over the holidays without his wife...Every now and then I check on him to make sure he's okay...Nice of you to give your other recliner away to the family. Hope you feel better today.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:32 AM

tamiznluv..Sorry that yesterday was so rough for you. How are you doing today?...My husband gave me a nice card on Valentine's Day and always bought me chocolate truffles...But we didn't make a super big deal about Valentine's Day so it's probably easier for me when the day rolls around...Our favorite part of Valentine's Day was going on a "hunt" the "day after" to pick-up bags of our favorite chocolate candy at half-price in stores...And this is what I'm going to do today. But I won't "hit" as many stores as we did when my husband and son were alive...It's "just me" now and I don't really need "mountains" of candy!

Old 03-22-2013, 05:38 AM

Easter will be here soon...Do you have any plans for the day?...I'll probably have dinner with my local friend and her husband. (Had dinner with them on Thanksgiving and Christmas.)...I think I've been a little "numb" lately. But every few days I have a good cry...I've been viewing Easter in a "matter-of-fact" kind of way. (As if it's just a notation on my "list.")...Can't afford to open-up all the "floodgates" quite yet. But I probably will as Easter gets closer...How are you handling thoughts about Easter this year? Thanks.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:44 PM

Hi, CA. I hadn't even thought about Easter. I've just been avoiding the candy aisles at stores. My theological thinking doesn't think that Easter is when Jesus rose. Long story......so I have no plans. Just another quiet day home with my animals.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:43 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times
I have a secular view of Easter. It's a great day to have a honey baked ham, asparagus, and new potatoes. We color eggs and have an egg cracking contest on Easter morning, but it's not a day we do much that's special.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:23 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,216,684 times
Hope your Easter Day brings to you all a day of loving memories.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:04 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,875,360 times
I'm going to the Cemetery in the morning to visit my dad, grandma's,grandpa's and my old baseball coach. After that, I will be going to my aunt's house for dinner. My mom and I were planning to stay home but my relatives invited us over. I don't like staying home on the holidays. When my grandma and dad were alive, we use to have a lot of people over for the holidays. My grandma and dad use to cook up a storm. I miss those times =(

Old 03-29-2013, 11:03 AM

My plans changed after I posted that I was doing nada. My oldest friend and neighbor from my old "hood" asked me to Easter/b'day dinner this Sunday. Being a year younger than me, she just had to rub in "for your 60th birthday" a few times.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:46 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I have a secular view of Easter. It's a great day to have a honey baked ham, asparagus, and new potatoes. We color eggs and have an egg cracking contest on Easter morning, but it's not a day we do much that's special.
I love ham, asparagus and new potatoes! I really miss my M-I-L's ham. It was always delicious. I have some asparagus in the refrigerator. Maybe I'll make some hollandaise. I'd color eggs but the dozen I have are brown. I should hard boil them and pretend that I dyed them in tea. I did make deviled eggs the other day.

I don't have any plans for Sunday. I was going to go for a ride... or something but, it's supposed to rain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning