Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2014, 02:28 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times

Advertisements

Hello CA, MSR and dreamof!!! I have stopped coming here even to read but today decided to pop in and saw MSR had a post so clicked on.

TY, CA for the Easter wishes. I'm as bad in cyberspace as I was IRL about cards.

I still don't "do" anything for any holiday. Just another day to me but there is no sadness in my heart anymore.

Good luck with the NS, MSR.

Waving to dreamof.

Hugs,
tami
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 06:36 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,314,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Nice thread revived Easter was big for my Mom.
Its been so long. I recall how my Dad went to mass the year she died, bcs he said he just needed to reflect, and recall her spirit.

The spirit of good people can live on for us I think, I'm not even religious but Easter has some resonance this year as I'm caring for a best friend with terminal cancer. Hope everyone had a good holiday, in whatever way they consider special.
I agree...I try to keep my family's "spirit" and enthusiasm "alive" when holidays roll around. (The best I can.)...Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you lost your Mom. And I'm sorry your best friend has cancer. Hope you did okay on Easter.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hello CA, MSR and dreamof!!! I have stopped coming here even to read but today decided to pop in and saw MSR had a post so clicked on.

TY, CA for the Easter wishes. I'm as bad in cyberspace as I was IRL about cards.

I still don't "do" anything for any holiday. Just another day to me but there is no sadness in my heart anymore.

Waving to dreamof.

Hugs,
tami
Tami...Good to hear from you! I've missed you...I'm glad you did okay on Easter.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
That is awesome, CA! I'm smiling as I write this. I can imagine the fun - seriously. As you and I have shared beliefs about the souls we've lost, I think you were fortunate to have had that experience.

Thanks for telling me

What do you have going on this week? Something fun, I hope.

MSR
MSR...I always try to have a little fun. Thanks!... Try to have "balance" in my life so I won't go off the "deep-end.".. How has your week been going? I hope you've been able to have a little fun too...Please keep us posted about your NS appointment. Hope all goes well. Thanks for your posts and friendship!

Old 04-26-2014, 09:42 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
Default Thanks Tami :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

Waving to dreamof.

Hugs,
tami
Hi Tami,

I don't stop here as much either. Thank you for your good wishes. It's just an appt. but they are thinking. They called last night and told me what I was going to have done before I see any of them. I understand what they want to know. It's going to be a crazy week.

I don't know that one has to do anything for holidays if that person finds it easier to be alone. It's good to know we don't have to come here as often, unless s/he wants to.

Take care of yourself, Tami - some of us know you can be a handful and more.

MSR

Old 04-26-2014, 10:15 PM

Default I'll Do The Best I Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
MSR...I always try to have a little fun. Thanks!... Try to have "balance" in my life so I won't go off the "deep-end.".. How has your week been going? I hope you've been able to have a little fun too...Please keep us posted about your NS appointment. Hope all goes well. Thanks for your posts and friendship!
Thanks, CA! The crazy started this past week when N.S. #2, the one who won't let his office schedule until he's looked at the MRIs and other records and thinks he can help the patient, decided to move my appt. up. I was suppose to see him in Mid-May. Now it's Friday.

You've dealt with N.S. enough, CA, that you know what it means to get a call from that office asking if they can schedule 3 weeks earlier. So completing his paperwork has been time consuming. He gets a better history from the patient than most PCPs. Seriously, I don't think I've had a NS ever ask me about Hay Fever, mumps, measles and German measles among many other questions. I always have to write "over" to write on the back.
I can see where he and I will click and where we will have some probable difference of opinions. But it will be okay. I picked him for his UK training in addition to his U.S. Fellowship and more. I want the best minds thinking this through and how to get to my spine, let alone what they do.

I thought I did something halfway smart for NS #1. I photocopied three extra copies of the diagram of symptoms. That way I can mark a best day, normal and worst. It matters as different neuro symptoms occur in different patterns. We'll see how they respond to it.

Given how crazy next week will be for me, it's a good thing I haven't heard from UCSF yet! Maybe it takes them so long to see because it takes 4- 6 weeks for them to call. I think one of the other two will be able to offer me options I can live with.

No, I can't say I've had "Fun" this past week. The one exception would be listening to P! NK with "Just Give Me a Reason, " with Nate Ruess. Nate's band is FUN. LOL. Abstract thinking, stressful week and knowing I'm finally going to get some experienced views should make my next week fly. I suspect I'll be getting a repeat MRI --- I can hardly wait. I fall asleep in MRIs. Seriously, I do. I'm looking forward to a nap

Take care of yourself and keep finding fun. I'm proud of your progress!

MSR

Old 04-27-2014, 08:14 AM

MSR...I'm sorry you've had to jump through so many "hoops." And sorry you've run into so many "hassles."...Great that you have confidence in your surgeon...Wishing you the best. And a VERY positive outcome!...I had to speak-up and go to "bat" for my friend Willie a few weeks ago when he was dealing with a "know-it-all" doctor. It was the very same doctor my husband had trouble with a few years back...Normally, I'm very mild-mannered. But I can turn into a "lion" when it comes to standing-up for family members or friends. (And challenging a bunch of "baloney!")

Old 04-27-2014, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
MSR...I'm sorry you've had to jump through so many "hoops." And sorry you've run into so many "hassles."...Great that you have confidence in your surgeon...Wishing you the best. And a VERY positive outcome!...I had to speak-up and go to "bat" for my friend Willie a few weeks ago when he was dealing with a "know-it-all" doctor. It was the very same doctor my husband had trouble with a few years back...Normally, I'm very mild-mannered. But I can turn into a "lion" when it comes to standing-up for family members or friends. (And challenging a bunch of "baloney!")
I'm just getting started. I'm meeting the surgeon this week. Everyone is jumping ahead. We'll see what the two different surgeons think they can do.

But, thanks for your great wishes. I'll take them any day of the week and twice on Sunday

MSR

Old 04-28-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I'm just getting started. I'm meeting the surgeon this week. Everyone is jumping ahead. We'll see what the two different surgeons think they can do.

But, thanks for your great wishes. I'll take them any day of the week and twice on Sunday

MSR
MSR...Please keep us posted about what the surgeons have to say... Good luck! Sending you a hug and positive thoughts!

Old 04-28-2014, 07:16 PM

Mother's Day is coming up soon...My wedding anniversary fell on Mother's Day at times. Or close to Mother's Day...So I always have a "double-whammy" in early May...How is Mother's Day affecting you? I know I'm going to miss my Mom and my MIL. And, I'll miss my sons too...If I need to cry, I will...But so far, I seem to be doing okay. How is everyone else doing?.. Happy (almost) Mother's Day to all the moms on the forum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning