Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 08:59 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,352,342 times

Advertisements

I was thinking of going on a binge this weekend so I don't have to think about my dead wife. Strip club, excessive drinking, etc. A 'Lost Weekend'. Of course, I will have to take my bike because I don't want to drink and drive, so I can't go very far. Also, I can't have more than three drinks before I feel sick. Yep, I'll be painting the town salmon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 09:45 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,313,634 times
MSR...Well, I feel useful and productive. (At times.) But, I miss the way my family and I used to "play" and relate to each other...We made life fun even if we had work to do... I try to make life fun for myself. And I try to have some fun with the people in my life today...But, everything can "fall short" compared to what I used to have with my family...And I miss the way my family and I used to celebrate holidays and holiday weekends, etc.. Sometimes, I feel like an "alien" when I'm with my local friends because our cultures are so different. But, I care about them and I know they care about me too. (Which is nice.)...I just feel lonely at times and miss my "old life" with my family.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
CA,

It's good to hear how you've gotten yourself involved
with so many others and there projects. A year ago, I don't know if you could have imagined what you are doing now.

I'll get back to you about me. No, I'm looking forward to the procedure.

Take care of yourself as you remember your guys.

MSR
MSR...Little more...I'm glad you feel positive and confident about your procedure next week.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:32 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,433,954 times
Thumbs up Obituary!!!! One Year Late

A friend called me as he had seen an in Memorium of Crick in the paper today.

I almost can't breathe. The things I was forbidden to do. This family finally printed something formal and it was really nice. They added a picture I don't think I've ever seen previously.

They even mentioned me in the work Crick did. I'm not important, I couldn't believe they would include me.

Never give up! I'm so happy something was finally written!

MSR

Old 05-27-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
A friend called me as he had seen an in Memorium of Crick in the paper today.

I almost can't breathe. The things I was forbidden to do. This family finally printed something formal and it was really nice. They added a picture I don't think I've ever seen previously.

They even mentioned me in the work Crick did. I'm not important, I couldn't believe they would include me.

Never give up! I'm so happy something was finally written!

MSR
MSR...I'm happy for you...Great that you were mentioned in the write-up too!

Old 06-02-2014, 10:16 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,433,954 times
Default Just Checking In

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Arizona View Post
MSR.. .I'm happy for you that you were mentioned in the write-up too!
Thanks, CA. It took a while for this to set in and I'm still check daily to make sure it isn't a dream. It's been wonderful to read comments from people I know.

I have an usual question as I need to be adding a comment or two as well. First, since I'm mentioned in the obituary and by name by at least two patient's parents, I really do not know what is the most correct: Do I write one post for Legacy and basically write three or four paragraphs addressing the family in one, adding totally omitted thanks.... like M.D.'s and third basically saying something to the patients and their parents?

Or do I write more than one post addressing those ommitted on different days?

The patient's parents made it very clear the two of us worked on their kids as a team. I need to thank them for stating the truth, obviously with other words.

Any thoughts about how to tackle that one?

Also, it rattles my brain to see some in the south address their remarks to David (surviving brother) and Mrs. XYZ. It makes it appear that dad and his mom are married as his wife and kid are never mentioned.

While it may not be as formal, I thought I'd write to the X, y, z family. How would you handle this? While the messages are tasteful and well written, it kind of creeps me out that the youngest original sibling and his mother look like they are the ones married. No special need on my part to include the SIL, except she
easily could be the reason anything got written at all. And zero need, except politeness, to even mention the nephew.

Thanks in advance for any tips. This is beyond my daily etiquette knowledge how to address some of these questions.

MSR

Old 06-03-2014, 03:30 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,184,870 times
My opinion only, but I don't view Legacy as the place for long involved writings and definitely not for a place for any Thanks for other things.
When you see some addressed to certain mourners, it's usually because the writers only knew those family members.

To solve your dilemma, you might simply address your words to the one you knew the best and " family"...
I.E. "Mary & family" or, the closest...for instance wife, mother or parents and family.
If you want to issue thanks for being included, I would do it with a personal hand written note or card or in person.
This is based on your last post, which, I admit, is a little confusing to me, so maybe my reply isn't helpful.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:18 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,184,870 times
I know that Father's Day this month is going to be pretty rough for my kids and older grandkids. They didn't have fathers growing up so he was more than just a grandfather for them.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
My opinion only, but I don't view Legacy as the place for long involved writings and definitely not for a place for any Thanks for other things.
When you see some addressed to certain mourners, it's usually because the writers only knew those family members.

To solve your dilemma, you might simply address your words to the one you knew the best and " family"...
I.E. "Mary & family" or, the closest...for instance wife, mother or parents and family.
If you want to issue thanks for being included, I would do it with a personal hand written note or card or in person.
This is based on your last post, which, I admit, is a little confusing to me, so maybe my reply isn't helpful.
MSR...I'm sorry. I'm not an expert when it comes to legacies. Please let us know what you decided to do...I'm anxious to hear how your procedure went...I've been thinking about you and wishing you the best.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I know that Father's Day this month is going to be pretty rough for my kids and older grandkids. They didn't have fathers growing up so he was more than just a grandfather for them.
I'm sorry that Father's Day will be rough for you and your family this year....I don't have any family members left in my life anymore. But, I do have a longtime male friend. I always wish him Happy Father's Day and give him a card. All of his kids and grandkids live far away in other states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning