Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 09:16 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
You know what ? We are all an incredible group of women and any man would be lucky to have any of us . We have lived through and survived deaths of spouses and children and we are still here . What is so funny is that women are classified as the weaker sex . Weaker sex my behind . We are women hear us roar , Happy Thanksgiving to all of us !!!!
You bet we are, pl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Thanks for "being here!" (Through "thick" or "thin!")...Thanks for taking me "in" and being my friend!..This forum has given me a sense of "family" and belonginess...Thanks so much! Love to all of you!!
Same here, CA. IDK what I would have done without this forum. Probably be with Earl. My whole spunky personality was destroyed when he died. I, too, feel that you are my "family".

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I love you guys too.

BTW, I've noticed we haven't heard from MSR lately. I do hope he's okay but know that he would be here if he could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 11:23 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,314,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
You bet we are, pl!

Same here, CA. IDK what I would have done without this forum. Probably be with Earl. My whole spunky personality was destroyed when he died. I, too, feel that you are my "family".

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I love you guys too.

BTW, I've noticed we haven't heard from MSR lately. I do hope he's okay but know that he would be here if he could.
Thanks Tami!.. Great to be "family" with you and all of my other wonderful friends here...I can relate to what you wrote about the changes in your personality...I (jokingly) refer to myself as "vanilla ice cream" today. (Where I used to feel like "rainbow sherbet" or "triple mocha fudge" or some other lively flavor!) How about you?...P/S: I miss MSR too!

Old 11-23-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
You know what ? We are all an incredible group of women and any man would be lucky to have any of us . We have lived through and survived deaths of spouses and children and we are still here . What is so funny is that women are classified as the weaker sex . Weaker sex my behind . We are women hear us roar , Happy Thanksgiving to all of us !!!!
Right on! Thanks!!

Last edited by CArizona; 11-23-2013 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: oops!

Old 11-23-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Thanks Tami!.. Great to be "family" with you and all of my other wonderful friends here...I can relate to what you wrote about the changes in your personality...I (jokingly) refer to myself as "vanilla ice cream" today. (Where I used to feel like "rainbow sherbet" or "triple mocha fudge" or some other lively flavor!) How about you?...P/S: I miss MSR too!
LOL, CA, my life has been "Rocky Road" but I can't think of an ice cream or sherbert to describe me. Maybe Harelquin? I could be nice, I could be mean, then I could just go with the flow. I actually feel like a nice big, juicy steak now. I feel full of life. That may change tomorrow but I'm having a really good day today. Haha, we'll see how I talk when the snow starts to fly around here. I hope I feel as good mentally and physically then.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
LOL, CA, my life has been "Rocky Road" but I can't think of an ice cream or sherbert to describe me. Maybe Harelquin? I could be nice, I could be mean, then I could just go with the flow. I actually feel like a nice big, juicy steak now. I feel full of life. That may change tomorrow but I'm having a really good day today. Haha, we'll see how I talk when the snow starts to fly around here. I hope I feel as good mentally and physically then.
Wow! So you feel like a "nice, big juicy steak!" That's a good sign!!...Right now, I feel like "warmed-over goulash" or extra limp (and droopy) spaghetti noodles...Oh well! The day isn't over yet. Maybe I'll feel like "cotton candy" tonight...Great to hear that you feel "full of life" right now! I'm happy for you!!

Old 11-23-2013, 01:14 PM

971 posts, read 1,453,292 times
Quote:
Wow! So you feel like a "nice, big juicy steak!" That's a good sign!!...Right now, I feel like "warmed-over goulash" or extra limp (and droopy) spaghetti noodles...Oh well! The day isn't over yet. Maybe I'll feel like "cotton candy" tonight...Great to hear that you feel "full of life" right now! I'm happy for you!!
No Rocky Road for this guy, more Tooty Fruity for me although CA's goulash makes my mouth water. Guess it is back to my stew.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL !!!

BD

Old 11-23-2013, 02:56 PM

1,320 posts, read 3,701,903 times
I posted this last year, and still hope it holds true.

I have been on these boards of City Data for many years. I stopped in to this fourm and read many of the stories. Many are very sad. I could say I know how you all feel and what some are going through. But I can't. You see, I have had very few close pass on. My wife is with me, and so are my parents. But I know one day it will happen. The people on this fourm offer so much comfort to those in need. I am sure the holidays can be a very trying time especially after a recent or not so recent loss. I spent many years in a career that kept me on the road and away from family and friends and missed many a holiday. After awhile, I became numb to the holidays. Is this how some of you feel about life after a loss?

We don't know why God takes some earlier than others. I feel there must be a plan. But that plan is very hard to understand sometimes. I do think we will be reunited with our loved ones. So rather than wishing all a happy Thanksgiving, which for some may not, I will be thinking of you all. I hope many can find the courage to go on. And sometimes, happy times come when you least expect it.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcdguy View Post
I posted this last year, and still hope it holds true.

I have been on these boards of City Data for many years. I stopped in to this fourm and read many of the stories. Many are very sad. I could say I know how you all feel and what some are going through. But I can't. You see, I have had very few close pass on. My wife is with me, and so are my parents. But I know one day it will happen. The people on this fourm offer so much comfort to those in need. I am sure the holidays can be a very trying time especially after a recent or not so recent loss. I spent many years in a career that kept me on the road and away from family and friends and missed many a holiday. After awhile, I became numb to the holidays. Is this how some of you feel about life after a loss?

We don't know why God takes some earlier than others. I feel there must be a plan. But that plan is very hard to understand sometimes. I do think we will be reunited with our loved ones. So rather than wishing all a happy Thanksgiving, which for some may not, I will be thinking of you all. I hope many can find the courage to go on. And sometimes, happy times come when you least expect it.
Hi, cdcd. Been a long time. I can't speak for everyone but yes, I am numb now to holidays. They don't mean a darn thing to me anymore. I like that, "I'll be thinking of you all". That's how I am every day now. I think of people on this forum everyday. I mean it when I say people here feel like family. I'm even beginning to feel like that's not as sad as it sounds. Before the internet, if you were alone, you were ALONE. At least now I can "talk" to people and they "talk" back to me. That's WAY better than in the old days.

There are days I am pretty content with the life I have now. That includes this place. I have my "woman cave", my pets, my freedom to go to a store, my health somewhat, so I am thankful that God hasn't called me Home yet.

I am going to dinner Thursday across the street so I think Thanksgiving this year will be a very nice one. This is the first time someone has managed to drag me out of the house for Thanksgiving. They even offered to bring me a plate but I opted to go be socialable.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:28 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times
^Tami, I'm pretty content now, too. I have made this place my woman cave as well, after Andrew left for his own place. I had never lived alone before in my life, so after Andrew got his place in July, this has been a very liberating experience. When the puppy ate my iPad cord and I ran up to Radio Shack at 8:30 p.m., it amazed me that doing so was possible. I still marvel that I can go anywhere and do whatever I want as I have no "musts" or "need to's" anymore. It's sad in a way, but I'm also learning to enjoy that all my time is now completely the "me" time that I used to crave when I was wife, mom, school volunteer, scout leader, para-legal, etc.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:15 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,177 times
Quote:
Hear! Hear! And I'm a man and an old fart as well. Women are decidedly NOT the "weaker sex." There's nothing weaker abut them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning