Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 01:19 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Tango's doing fine. My computer's peripheral cords, my carpet, and my sanity are not necessarily doing as well. I've had to replace my monitor, my keyboard, my mouse (she ate the wireless part that plugs into the USB port), my iPad cord, the wireless phone charger, and more. She's slowly being house trained, but I'm going through pee-pads at the speed of light. It's a challenge, but she's so darned cute it's hard to get mad...
I laughed, Marcy, when I read this post. I vaguely remember saying something about the two of you learning who was really the boss ( or similar) when Tango came home.

I'm happy you are spending the holiday with your family, Bob's sister and more.

It sounds like a wonderful invitation

Have a wonderful time!

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 01:38 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Default Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
MSR...Great to have you back! Happy Thanksgiving. Thanks for all of your caring and helpful posts. We need you here with us!!
CA,

Thank you for your post. And thank you and so many others who sent me P.M.s .

I guess despite the fact I was never married and there was no physical relationship with Crick and me, sharing a house and working together still makes me experience similar things to all of you. There absolutely was a close emotional relationship that I think many couples never have. I've been missing Crick lately. I'll warn you all now, Tricks birthday is Christmas Day, so I'm likely to have some difficult days ahead. But, I know where I can post on really bad days and it will be okay.

So you all are stuck with me. Many times as people are ill for yrs. There isn't a physical relationship. Rather the emotional and spiritual or other connections are what kept us advocating and helping our loved ones.

You would know, CA, losing both of your sons. Certainly some differences than losing your husband, but potentially more similarities.

I think what matters is the other person knew they were appreciated and loved. .♤

Happy Thanksgiving all of my friends! It is good to see so many making different plans this year. And for those who have similar plans as last year, that is okay too.

I plan to write Crick a letter Thanksgiving night.

msr

Old 11-27-2013, 02:44 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
CA,

I guess despite the fact I was never married and there was no physical relationship with Crick and me, sharing a house and working together still makes me experience similar things to all of you. There absolutely was a close emotional relationship that I think many couples never have. I've been missing Crick lately. I'll warn you all now, Tricks birthday is Christmas Day, so I'm likely to have some difficult days ahead. But, I know where I can post on really bad days and it will be okay.

So you all are stuck with me. Many times as people are ill for yrs. There isn't a physical relationship. Rather the emotional and spiritual or other connections are what kept us advocating and helping our loved ones.

You would know, CA, losing both of your sons. Certainly some differences than losing your husband, but potentially more similarities.

I think what matters is the other person knew they were appreciated and loved. .♤

Happy Thanksgiving all of my friends! It is good to see so many making different plans this year. And for those who have similar plans as last year, that is okay too.

msr
That was true for Earl and I. Especially the last year of his life but we had such a bond that no one could break. It actually seemed to me that it got stronger the longer the time got with us not making love. I'm sure his opinion would not have been the same as mine! LOL

Old 11-28-2013, 10:43 AM

39,205 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
One year ago, feeling alone and by myself, only four months after my husband died but only two months after CA lost her youngest son, I received from her a "HAPPY THANKSGIVING". I was so distraught it took me awhile before I responded to her wonderful greeting and gracious greeting. I was struggling holding on to life. Wow, did that one greeting make a whole lot of difference in my life.

Thank you so much, CA for making me feel welcome and accepted. I hold unto that greeting and every few months I look at it, as I know you cared and you made a difference.

Love You all and Happy Thanksgiving and although mine will be spent with my dogs and me, it will have meaning because I know people like CA, are wishing me a bright and Happy Thanksgiving Day.
I have to say CArizona is a great lady.

I wish everybody on this forum a happy Thanksgiving.

I guess I do have something to be thankful for after all. I lost my late boyfriend for almost five years. I can finally laugh and love again without feeling guilty. Life does go on.

My grief therapist has always told me, "Give yourself permission to have a great life, your loved one wanted and still wants you to be happy."

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:30 PM

Your therapist is absolutely right, lily. Your b/f would not want you to stop living because of him. I will be forever grateful that my husband gave me that permission before he died.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:03 PM

39,205 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Your therapist is absolutely right, lily. Your b/f would not want you to stop living because of him. I will be forever grateful that my husband gave me that permission before he died.
Thanks! And happy thanksgiving pretty lady!

Old 11-28-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Thanks! And happy thanksgiving pretty lady!
You too, lily. I forgot to say that in my other post. (((hugs)))

Old 11-29-2013, 05:17 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,312,593 times
I'm still alive...I made it through my "old gray mare" birthday and Thanksgiving but it was a bit of a "struggle" at times...Thanks to everyone for the "kind words."...How did your Thanksgiving turn out? What did you do? How did you feel? Did you "pig-out?"...I kept having second thoughts about going to my friend's house for Thanksgiving. Wondered if I'd do better alone this year...But I didn't want to "bail-out" and disappoint my friend. So I went after all and did okay...How about you?

Old 11-29-2013, 05:51 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,312,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
CA,

msr
MSR: Hope you did ok over Thanksgiving...I agree with what you wrote about married couples. Some couples have more of a "functional relationship" and don't have a super close bond or emotional connection...I'm happy that you and Crick were so close but sad that she's gone now...My husband and I were super close. We started off as friends and stayed best friends until the day he died...Anyway, I think you belong here because you know how hard it is to lose a best friend and "one and only."

Old 11-29-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
I'm still alive...I made it through my "old gray mare" birthday and Thanksgiving but it was a bit of a "struggle" at times...Thanks to everyone for the "kind words."...How did your Thanksgiving turn out? What did you do? How did you feel? Did you "pig-out?"...I kept having second thoughts about going to my friend's house for Thanksgiving. Wondered if I'd do better alone this year...But I didn't want to "bail-out" and disappoint my friend. So I went after all and did okay...How about you?
My Thanksgiving went fine. Good food and good company. I was like you, CA. I kept having to talk myself out of cancelling. After I had accepted, then she told me the two grandsons were going to be there. Their house is smaller than mine and I was having visions of headaches and screaming kids. They are 2 and 3. They were so good! I was amazed. I didn't want to disappoint my friend either. She said so many times that she was so happy I came. I didn't think I pigged out, took a little of everything but boy, I was as stuffed as a bird! She sent home a big doggie bag too. Had that for supper tonight. I was glad I went. We talked about Earl a couple of times too and I didn't even feel weepy. We talked good stuff, not unhappy stuff.

Glad you did okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning