Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2016, 01:17 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,573,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Work today. Hope everyone is doing well! Good to hear from you redbird--been awhile!
I see you are busy and happy. That is good. Life is stressful for me at times and other times I just tell stress to get the H away from me and I kick it out the door. My main stress now is finding things to cook for Felix as he can't chew food very well, even with his dentures.

So I try and fix soft mushy food. We had beef bratwurst and beef soup with veggies. He threw up. I don't know why. Maybe he pigged out too much. He tends to eat large quantities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Redbird.....I am probably going to be having knee replacement surgery sometime this year.....travels may have to wait .....but its all uncertain at this point.

Did your co-worker speak Japanese?......that would be the reason I wouldnt move there.....when we go over for a month visit.....I get by.....but I really miss being able to directly converse.....and am hungry to read English papers and ads and magazines and signs...when we get home.
I don't think he spoke very much Japanese. I met his wife I said Kinichiwa. <sp?> She is very sweet. And of course, kind and soft spoken and very polite and respectful.

Old 10-13-2016, 01:27 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,334,548 times
Redbird, Are the dentures recent? When I first got mine I gagged for awhile & couldn't eat with them. I still can't eat with the bottoms in, but no one can tell. My wrinkles cover a lot.

Oh, & I still eat mostly soft food. I can eat toast now, but my first tries were pretty hilarious.

Old 10-13-2016, 02:11 PM

48,257 posts, read 22,052,974 times
Redbird.....at one point I saw a post in which you said you were planning on going back to school for your masters degree in either psychology or social work; have you done that?

Old 10-13-2016, 02:35 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,573,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Redbird, Are the dentures recent? When I first got mine I gagged for awhile & couldn't eat with them. I still can't eat with the bottoms in, but no one can tell. My wrinkles cover a lot.

Oh, & I still eat mostly soft food. I can eat toast now, but my first tries were pretty hilarious.
He has had his dentures for a couple of years. I don't know why he got sick. He has not had any flu symptoms. But he is called Felix for a reason. He is like Felix Unger in a lot of ways. He can eat twice as much as any normal human being. I had made the brats for me because I don't like the Chunky Beef with mixed veggies soup. When I came back he had devoured almost all the soup and two of the brats.

I am keeping an eye on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Redbird.....at one point I saw a post in which you said you were planning on going back to school for your masters degree in either psychology or social work; have you done that?
Yes, and I have never been happier in my life. I have always loved academia and I am loving my professors as well. This semester I am taking art therapy and ethics. It is fall break so I am off school today.

I just got an acceptance letter from University of Oklahoma for their MLIS degree. That is Masters in Library and Information Science, but I cannot decide if I want to pursue that or not.

Old 10-13-2016, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
He has had his dentures for a couple of years. I don't know why he got sick. He has not had any flu symptoms. But he is called Felix for a reason. He is like Felix Unger in a lot of ways. He can eat twice as much as any normal human being. I had made the brats for me because I don't like the Chunky Beef with mixed veggies soup. When I came back he had devoured almost all the soup and two of the brats.

I am keeping an eye on him.

Yes, and I have never been happier in my life. I have always loved academia and I am loving my professors as well. This semester I am taking art therapy and ethics. It is fall break so I am off school today.

I just got an acceptance letter from University of Oklahoma for their MLIS degree. That is Masters in Library and Information Science, but I cannot decide if I want to pursue that or not.
I am so happy for you Redbird....tell Felix I said hello.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:09 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,902,878 times
Good morning everyone,I hope ya'll have good days

Old 10-14-2016, 05:18 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,353,129 times
Very nice redbird! Good job.
Sounds like a pretty busy day elston--but not overwhelming which is nice!
Always love reading your sweet posts Dude!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 10-14-2016, 06:39 AM

Good Morning

The seasons have shifted in my part of Florida......night time temps in the mid 70's and a nice breeze during the daytime. It is still a/c weather in the daytime..........upper 80's but a nice change. Also it is now our dry season....the afternoon torrents and flashing thunderstorms have gone....much to the relief of the dogs.

Best wishes for a good start to your week end.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:55 AM

50,439 posts, read 64,233,743 times
Here in GA too, elston. This is the best time of all in the south. All my plants that were on their last gasp have rallied again, especially after the rain from the hurricane. Happy weekend to all.

Old 10-15-2016, 04:48 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,353,129 times
Work today....the weather here has been great as well!
Have a blessed day everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.