Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2014, 05:34 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,352,356 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone.
Sorry I haven't been around these past few days, we are on vacation, busy, busy, and tired too.
Just taking a couple of minutes to say hi and give a big hug to my Cyn.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:07 AM

48,342 posts, read 22,088,281 times
Oh cyn......I know what you mean about the dementia and the worry about doing the right thing. We had a very elderly Westie dog......who had many health problems which we had always managed to manage and she had a good life...but at the end....she went down hill fast and lost her hearing and most of her sight. She would want to go out but would get lost and seem to forget where she lived and she would just start to wander.

Because she couldn't hear or see well.....she was constantly on guard and her temperament became really ugly....you couldn't pet her because she would try to defend against you. Her groomer wouldn't service her anymore so she was getting very dirty and unkempt...(she was always vain and loved to be groomed and get pink ribbons).....while we were debating what to do....trying to avoid the obvious....that it was time.....she went into massive failure and then finally allowed my guy to hold and rock her and talk to her....she died in his arms after more than several hours.

Looking back on it now......the last three or four months of her life.....had no quality--they were really sad....but her passing was oh so sweet as my DP held her and stroked her and relived all the things they had done over the 13 years they spent together....and the people and dogs they had known...etc.

In retrospect....that time at the end made it worthwhile.....but I think we did her a disservice by not assisting her earlier to find her way across the rainbow bridge. She was a sad and miserable little girl up until the very last day.....RIP dear cricket.....you were a good girl...and you still are in a special place our hearts.

Last edited by elston; 12-03-2014 at 05:27 AM..

Old 12-03-2014, 04:28 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,101,304 times
Elston, that's a lovely tribute to Cricket.

Hi Cyn and good morning everyone.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:22 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,383,135 times
Lots of tears reading your heartfelt post elston....I could feel your hearts pain as you wrote it. Taz is resting peacefully right now, the relaxing chews are part of that. She did eat a little--I bought her some Fancy Feast to see if that might work and it seemed to help but the way I am having to look at this is once the steroids wear off and she is once again so anxious and confused that is not a quality life that my Taz is use to. She is quite the "Queen" and this is not what she wants... until she either stops eating or acts like she did 2 days ago then we will just enjoy our time together but I will not hand feed or keep her alive as I did Yowlie. As much as I love my kitties I have to let them go when the time comes. I really pray God will take Taz in her sleep but she has a strong heart and won't give up easily I know. But I still will pray.....

Old 12-03-2014, 05:15 PM

I join you in prayer cyn. BUT....I trust that you wont let her suffer when there is no possible relief other than to let go. I know you know that and taz knows that. So joining you in prayer but trusting in your mercy. When you know its time....let her go.....God Bless you

Old 12-04-2014, 11:39 AM

Today is a good day--I am sure it is only the steroids doing their work and that is not be the way I want her to live but for now it may just buy us a little more good time together and maybe even get us through these holidays....that would be nice. But whatever happens happens--I am putting this in Gods hands. I have been really working on doing that more--it's hard but it helps. Time to run to the PO and then to the dump--oh joy!

Old 12-04-2014, 01:25 PM

Glad that Taz is feeling better....regardless of the cause....steroids? God Bless them if they give Taz and you some quality time together.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:24 AM

Me sentiment exactly elston. Holidays are hard enough without going through seeing my kitty so sad.

Old 12-07-2014, 04:25 AM

I am hoping that the steroids are still working for Taz and that you are doing well yourself. Have a good Sunday.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:27 AM

1,626 posts, read 3,230,611 times
Good Morning Cyn and everyone!!! I do not miss reading your posts as you all are important to me. Please know I am supporting you through prayer and love. My life is now turning around after 2 1/2 years and I feel enlightened and a sense of empowerment. I feel a gigantic release and freedom and not stuck. It takes time to get over loss and establish a new identity. Trial and Error. And one has to go through all of the emotions and pain and struggles and loads of crying and pleading and finally acceptance.

Cyn, you amaze me by your strength. I admire you so much and what a gift you have been to me, as your strength has made me stronger. Elston CD will not allow me to rate you, I used them up but I want for you to know what a wonderful and positive influence you have been to not just Cyn but to the rest of us that read your posts. I feel the compassion and love in your heart, Elston. Bless you all. Wishing you all the brightest of holidays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning