Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2018, 08:29 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,528,460 times

Advertisements

Mrs. elkotronics and I are thoroughly enjoying our new to us house! Right now the Mrs. just mentioned to me that there's a hummingbird outside looking for food. It's a lot like a park in our back yard. Very well set up ahead of time for us.

Everyone enjoy their Sunday's!

Old 05-06-2018, 01:03 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,347,374 times
Sounds beautiful elko. I am so happy you and your wife found your new home!
I had a very busy morning too. It's very warm and humid here today---what happened to the spring and fall here? Oh well........
Was not able to go to church today since I woke up to Bella's leg badly bleeding. Guess she had chewed on it during the night so It took me a while to get the room clean and her too. Bless her heart! I think the antibiotics are healing the sore and that makes it itch. So I decided to run to our store and get a wrap that is self sticking and tastes bad so she shouldn't chew on that. I will put it over some gauze I will try it tonight if I notice her starting to mess with it.
I have a dinner date with my friend who mows my lawn so that will be a nice get away. I need it for sure!
When I was at out store this morning I was told a new manager had been hired...a woman. Have no idea who she is but we will soon find out. Maybe we can get things going better now! I hope so.
Hope everyone has a blessed day.

Old 05-06-2018, 02:03 PM

48,234 posts, read 22,046,562 times
cyn.....so sorry to hear about Bella....I hope the wrap will allow it to heal.

I am hoping that the new manager will be Good News for the store and most importantly--- for you.

It is summer-like weather here but still no rain.

I enjoyed our meeting this morning. During the summer with the "snow birds" gone home it is a smaller meeting but still is the high point of my week.

I think I have mentioned that I follow an eagle cam that is over in N. Ft Meyers....I think both of our juveniles have set out on their life's adventure....I really hope and pray that they meet success and only the best of luck. It is thought that our eagle from around S Florida migrate up to the Chesapeak Bay area or all the way to Novia Scotia....before returning as adult eagles in about 5 years. (at least some of them).

I wil miss watching them they are part of my daily activities.

Old 05-07-2018, 04:04 AM

What a great daily activity elston. My husband and I use to watch some nesting birds on video on our near-by lake here. I forget the kind of bird but they were huge.
Bella is much better today but I have been avoiding mentioning this here--Saturday Bella and Bubba are going with my son and I to my vets and will be going to Rainbow Ridge. I dread this day with all my heart but the medications for Bubba are to much and he is not going to get better. He is 13 years old so he is not a young dog. Bella is 15 years old and has been suffering with bad teeth and other problems but cannot get them fixed since she has a heart mummer. It was a choice I had to make. If everyone would just please keep us in your thoughts on Saturday I sure would appreciate it.
I hope this new manager at work is perfect. I'm keeping an open mind on that!
I am so happy your meeting went well elston--I know how you enjoy them!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 05-07-2018, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
What a great daily activity elston. My husband and I use to watch some nesting birds on video on our near-by lake here. I forget the kind of bird but they were huge.
Bella is much better today but I have been avoiding mentioning this here--Saturday Bella and Bubba are going with my son and I to my vets and will be going to Rainbow Ridge. I dread this day with all my heart but the medications for Bubba are to much and he is not going to get better. He is 13 years old so he is not a young dog. Bella is 15 years old and has been suffering with bad teeth and other problems but cannot get them fixed since she has a heart mummer. It was a choice I had to make. If everyone would just please keep us in your thoughts on Saturday I sure would appreciate it.
I hope this new manager at work is perfect. I'm keeping an open mind on that!
I am so happy your meeting went well elston--I know how you enjoy them!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!
I am holding you and Bella and Bubba in my prayers and my heart; I know how hard this is for you.....but I have thought for sometime...that it is best for all three of you. It is so hard to realize when it is time....and with the extra ordinary care they have received from you and the vet service...they are on extended time and it is not "good time" They are old and sick. I am so glad your son is helping you and going with you...it is his responsibility too....they were his dogs.

Holding you in love.

Old 05-07-2018, 05:53 AM

I know God has reasons for everything--I keep thinking perhaps this is happening to bring my son and I closer once again. Sure will miss my fur babies!
Thank you for the love elston--that means so much to me!

Old 05-07-2018, 06:09 AM

Whatever you are thinking that brings you peace......go with it......and trust in God. I am glad that your son will be with you and help....I hope that it brings you closer.

My perspective is from the outside looking in.....and from what I can see....Bella and Bubba are worn out and ready to cross- over the rainbow bridge....I see them getting well and young again as they scamper across that final bridge.....and take a backward look....to make sure you are watching and seeing all their pain and infirmity melt away on the other side. They know how much you loved them and thank you for your kindness and unfailing love.

"All Will Be Well Again, I Know"

Old 05-07-2018, 07:01 AM

50,429 posts, read 64,199,369 times
So sorry to hear this, Cyn. It is so heartbreaking to lose our pets, but their burdens will be lifted, and so will some of yours.

Old 05-07-2018, 08:01 AM

815 posts, read 985,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
So sorry to hear this, Cyn. It is so heartbreaking to lose our pets, but their burdens will be lifted, and so will some of yours.
I agree. My thoughts and prayers are with you, cyn. As difficult as this is, please know that you are making the right decision.

Old 05-07-2018, 08:26 AM

Right now I am just simply numb!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning