Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2018, 10:22 PM

354 posts, read 415,175 times

Advertisements

Hi Cyn,
I have been absent, just catching up. I am so sorry to hear the loss of your babies. It is so hard to lose our fur babies. Please know we all are sending you are sympathy and love.

I was in the appliance repair in the 80's and early 90's. I worked for Whirlpool. Back then appliances were built in the United States, I don't know if there is any company that builds appliances in the states these days. Whirlpool bought out Kitchen Aid and Roper and years later bought out Maytag (piece of junk). Also, Kitchen Aid at one time made Kenmore appliances but not anymore. In 2005, we bought this house and we bought all Kenmore appliances that were made by Kitchen Aid and all made here in the United States. GE was a piece of junk in the 1980's and 90's but I don't know their quality anymore. I have been lucky with my appliances, they are 13 years old now. I always buy a extended warranty on refrig because manufacturers design the ice maker to stop working so they can make money on service repair. I had three service repair calls on my ice maker and the repairman had to drive 50 miles round trip and he told me he was going to fix my ice maker so it would never need repaired, he was getting tired of driving to my house. He told me that is where they make their big $$$ on service repair on ice makers. When I bought my appliances they were top of the line. They all still look good and work well. I think my washer needs a clutch. I plan to just fix my appliances. I can't justify buying new ones for just one person and spending lots of money.

Elston, water here where I live is terrible. I have been thinking of getting a purification system installed.

Cyn, Hugs to you. Take good care. We go back a long time.

Old 05-21-2018, 04:42 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Yes Granite we do go back many years! It's good! Elston and a few others here also go back years with me and all of you are my dear friends! Our newer posters have also become great friends!
Seems like my appliances are on their last leg for the most part. Had to replace my dish wahser and then my washing machine. I dread any more breaking. They are so costly!
Work went okay Molly...thanks for caring. Still feel uncomfortable but hopefully with time that will go away. My cash register froze up again so I had no sales on it. We figured out corporate was working on it. Seems strange they would do it during operating hours. It happens every now and then...Tuesday I work nights with my new manager...praying that works out good.
Have a wonderful day!

Old 05-21-2018, 08:06 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Looks like a good deal! Just what you needed!
Still rainy here too...it's getting old! We need to send it to elston!
Tonight is my first day back since my manager was fired so it should be interesting! Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Hold off on sending that rain my way......we have had a deluge everyday for the last 4 or 5 days. (I have a leak in my garage).

My internet connection has been OFF since Friday PM. No phones no computer, no WiFi for my DH's laptop, no TV. It has been rough! LOL Today when Com Cast came they discovered that a workman who intalled the tankless hot water heater.....had turned off the comcast cable connection in the attic. We are now back on line.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:43 AM

I am so sorry elston....I know how it is to be without any connection to the outside world and once we are use to having it it is tough!

Old 05-21-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
I am so sorry elston....I know how it is to be without any connection to the outside world and once we are use to having it it is tough!
I worried about you guyz not understanding my absence if it continued and about being cut off from my kids thru email, or facebook and telephone.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:58 AM

I'm just glad you are back!
I work tonight with the new manager for the first time......praying it is all good!

Old 05-22-2018, 05:55 AM

Quote:
I'm just glad you are back!
I work tonight with the new manager for the first time......praying it is all good!

"I'm back" and its good to be back.

Good Luck at work with the new manager. You know we are hoping that all goes well.

Old 05-22-2018, 11:37 AM

Good to have you back elston!
Just had an electrician out to make sure my A/C unit isn't burning up--keep smelling burning electrical wires but I guess it's in my head because he couldn't find any problems although he said the unit is very old and may not last much longer. $138.00 to be told that! At least I don't think we will burn up in our sleep--me and the kitties.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:13 PM

815 posts, read 981,046 times
I hope your shift working with the new manager goes well.
Are you back to your regular amount of scheduled hours?

Old 05-23-2018, 04:15 AM

My manager was out sick so I worked with the girl I am use to--that was a relief honestly. My hours are about the same amount but all in 3 days but was told these will change since we are hiring another key holder. Sure hope I keep the same amount of hours. I am so tired---got off after 9pm and it was 9:40pm by the time I got home. When I turned on my bedroom lights my bed was covered in these tiny flying black ants. I sprayed bug spray around the windows in the morning and guess it moved them in--ugh. Was up until nearly midnight getting those cleaned up and gone! Was awake at 4am. I am tired. Today will be a through cleaning in this house. I work again on Friday and that will probably be with the new manager. Lots of new rules and things that need to be done daily so it is a whole new learning experience! Guess I need to buy some more home defense and spray around the outside and inside of the house. I have to be very careful inside cause of the cats but I've done it every year so I guess all will be fine if I am careful. I try to keep the spray under the carpet so nothing touches it!
Have a blessed day everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.