Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2018, 04:23 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

I'm happy things are going well for you and yours elko! Yes, the loss of my dogs still haunts me daily. I know it will get easier with time.
Work went well last night. I worked with this young girl that is very sweet! I'm guessing my schedule won't change for this week so it's going to be a struggle until I can get more hours. Like I said before I am blessed to have a pet sitting job this week. Not sure how it seems to always happen but now I have 2 major doctor appointments so that's more $$. But it has to be done.
Had some wicked rain storms last night--crazy!
Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 06-04-2018, 06:56 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
I'm up early this morning over here in southern New Mexico enjoying some computer time and a few more days off. I hope you get the hours you need at your job, cyn. We were threatened with a bad thunder storm last night but it never hit us.

We hardly ever take drives any more like we used to. I think it comes down to two reasons why this is happening with us:
1) We have senior pets and my wife is extremely concerned about caring for them(so am I, of course).
2) We enjoy our house here so much that we'd rather stay home and enjoy it than take area cruises.

Everyone have good Monday's!

Old 06-04-2018, 07:56 AM

Both great reasons elko!
Got some good news a little while ago--I "should" have back my hours next week!!!!

Old 06-04-2018, 08:02 AM

Excellent news. You are a great employee for them - you ought ta be rewarded for it!

Old 06-04-2018, 09:46 AM

Awwww thanks elko. Not sure if that even matters to them anymore.....I believe in myself but not as much as I use to and it's frustrating to be sure! I think there are some legalities regarding my situation and that may be the reason I am hopefully getting back my hours. Now I haven't said anything but I have been told by a former manager of Petsense that what they have done is not legal--honestly I don't know but it may be. I just want what I hired on with.....no more and no less.

Old 06-04-2018, 10:20 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Awwww thanks elko. Not sure if that even matters to them anymore.....I believe in myself but not as much as I use to and it's frustrating to be sure! I think there are some legalities regarding my situation and that may be the reason I am hopefully getting back my hours. Now I haven't said anything but I have been told by a former manager of Petsense that what they have done is not legal--honestly I don't know but it may be. I just want what I hired on with.....no more and no less.
Good Luck cyn. I hope they do right by you. Stick up for yourself.

Old 06-04-2018, 05:34 PM

That's hasn't been of my better qualities lately elston so I'm working on it! Good advise and thank you!

Old 06-05-2018, 05:00 AM

Going to see my psychiatrist this morning and then off to get my instructions for my pet-sitting job next door. So happy to have that to help me get through this time right now. I found out the other pet sitting job is in July. That one is for a week. Not a lot but with work it will be fine! Now for work.....we'll see. I do work Thursday so I want to clean this carpet in my den either today or tomorrow. Well see how my arm holds up! May have to just do small sections.
Have a lovely day everyone!

Old 06-05-2018, 06:08 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Going to see my psychiatrist this morning and then off to get my instructions for my pet-sitting job next door. So happy to have that to help me get through this time right now. I found out the other pet sitting job is in July. That one is for a week. Not a lot but with work it will be fine! Now for work.....we'll see. I do work Thursday so I want to clean this carpet in my den either today or tomorrow. Well see how my arm holds up! May have to just do small sections.
Have a lovely day everyone!
Your good attitude and resilience make me proud of you and makes me smile. I know you dont always feel it or know it...but you are amazing.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:04 AM

Agreed, elston. We're not just blowing smoke, cyn. You are an amazing person. We are glad to be here to help.

I rely on my wonderful wife to help me with things like my health and my diet. Mrs.elkotronics is a wonderful cook and tries to help me with avoiding sweets. I gravitate towards them but shouldn't OD on them.

You are alone as far as a mate, cyn, I am very saddened by that. But know that you have many of us out here looking out for you. Never hesitate to ask for anything, all right?

Everyone enjoy your Tuesday's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.