Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 03:45 AM

94 posts, read 202,364 times

Advertisements

There is an update on the Missoula, Montana 'city council gun law' that they passed in the the fall of 2016.

I just posted about it in the Missoula, Montana section of this CD forum.

Our Montana AG did something about it.

I do not know if I am allowed to post about it HERE so I did not do this.

This may or may not help some people in this GUN section of the forum.

Cate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 09:42 AM

4,569 posts, read 5,672,673 times
Talking Must have: strong statewide preemption of weapons laws for ownership, use, carry, etc

Things have changed since this thread started. With the quickly growing number of constitutional carry states, I would move Vermont-Style Carry up to "should have" in my MoSCoW list.

On the other hand, as demonstrated by Missoula, Montana (and also cases in Pennsylvania, Maine, etc), strong statewide preemption of local gun laws would be a "must have" item when looking for a Gun Owner friendly state to move to...

Old 01-29-2017, 10:58 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,962 times
Florida is a good state. You can't open carry to Walmart though (yet).

Old 01-30-2017, 08:13 AM

4,569 posts, read 5,672,673 times
Post Constitutional carry hearing is this Wednesday morning, 2/1/2017.

New Hampshire's annual bill for Constitutional carry has a good chance of passing this year (Gov. Sununu said he will sign it, prior governor vetoed identical bills). The next hearing is this Wednesday morning, 2/1/2017 in Concord.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDiamond75 View Post
Open carry can be restricted by business (though that may be unconstitutional), though banks, airports and Federal buildings may be a word to the wise.
The state of New Hampshire has no prohibition on carry in banks or the public side of the airport, the only prohibition in state law is carry in courthouses. Federal law has it's own restriction for Federal buildings, but that's the same for all states.

There's nothing unconstitutional about a non-state-owned business forbidding open or concealed carry, but "forbid" just means they can ask you to leave, and have you arrested (for trespass) if you refuse to leave -- same as if they were to forbid wearing flip flops, and same penalty for disobedience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting