Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 08:13 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,164,760 times

Advertisements

HELL NO!

If I was married, and my wife cut her hair that short, I'd move out of the house. It's the biggest boner killer in America today. Seriously, if I wanna bang a dude, I'll just head down to the gay bar in boystown.

I make it clear to each woman I date seriously that if they cut their hair like a dude, it's over.

I know it sounds shallow on my part, but it's THAT much of a turn off.

Pre-emptive defense before the flames: If the guy you were dating decided to stop showering for 6 months, would you still date him? That's how I feel about the butch hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 08:28 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,628,860 times
I think it is largely determined by body type, women who tend to be on the heavy side do not look at all attractive with very short hair (no offense intended to anyone). It's generally the slimmer petite women with pretty faces who look the best and some of them look great. I must admit that I have always preferred long hair on women and I don't see the necessity for them to have to cut it short just because they've gotten older. I've seen older women with streaks of grey whose hair was still quite long but I thought it looked very good.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:39 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8palmtrees View Post
Here is a photo of what I mean about very short hair (I don't see what all the hype is about this chick Carey Mulligan):

Carey Mulligan goes blond! | SoSoJuicy
Do men find this short hair sexy? If so why? I think that this hair cut on younger ladies is just hidious, even if they have such a pretty face. However, this style looks great on women who are older than 55.
I have had my hair long for almost all of my life. When I say long probably just about to the middle of my back or a bit shorter but never short like a guy (as shown in this photo). I just don't understand why men are so attracted to this type of hair???? What is wrong with long hair. Even a cute bob hair cut past the earlobes is nice.
Look this is just my opinion so please be kind and not jump down my throat but really I have always wondered why men think that women with this hair cut is so f**king hot????????

I think you're confused. Men don't read SoSoJuicy.com.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:21 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,490,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Generally not into that, (with a few exceptions), prefer long hair on a woman.
Yea! This.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:21 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,628,860 times
cdubs3201 wrote:
Quote:
Pre-emptive defense before the flames: If the guy you were dating decided to stop showering for 6 months, would you still date him? That's how I feel about the butch hair.
Some of the short hair styles don't look butch or masculine at all on certain women but I also have seen women who intentionally have a haircut that's just like a guy from the 50's with whitewalls on the side. I don't mean this as a slight against lesbians but that particular look seems to be popular among many gay women and does not look feminine at all so I agree it would be a turnoff. I think it depends on the style and we should also realize that many women prefer a shorter hairstyle because it requires so much less work. I've had women coworkers with very attractive short hair but it's been styled for a woman and doesn't appear masculine at all.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:24 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Damn I wish I knew where the glory holes were here in NZ.....for research purposes of course......
I don't know which city you live in but Ponsonby has a couple of places. I can give you directions if you want

Old 02-17-2010, 10:32 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times
It all depends on the woman. Some women not only look great with short hair, they look better than they do with long hair. Halle Berry is a perfect example of that. Then there's other women where if you gave them short haircuts, it would reveal that they weren't all that attractive and that they were using their hair as a crutch. Jennifer Aniston immediately comes to mind.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:56 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
It all depends on the woman. Some women not only look great with short hair, they look better than they do with long hair. Halle Berry is a perfect example of that. Then there's other women where if you gave them short haircuts, it would reveal that they weren't all that attractive and that they were using their hair as a crutch. Jennifer Aniston immediately comes to mind.
I think most women look best with styled mid length hair. Older women with long flat hair, like Demi Moore, and pretty much most of the cougars on tv, not so much. It does seem like the male preference for long hair is a sex thing, not based on the appearance and proportion of the head and face. A lot of girls put it up in a ponytail during funtime anyway so it won't get in the way.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:06 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,919,101 times
I gotta have the long. Putting your nose in beautiful clean hair and letting it surround you, geeezzzzz .

Old 02-17-2010, 11:12 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Always Holly Berry as if hair length could possibly account for all beauty. Graying shreds of mop called upon a thousand times to stand in the breech in the over flowing porcelain chamber of horrors is not redeemed by length. A torn breast pocket is a self inflicted wound of fashion but not so a man already dressed in rags. A lovely women may break her heel or swear like her foul mouthed uncle at reaching the bottom of his bourbon; she may drape herself in a ridiculous parachute of criminally insane fashion inspired by a fop in the chrysalis of Kafkaesque nightmares; yet still out of a 100 men who give chase, 50 remain to take the fugitive to the prison house. Like an ape pounding its chest, a beautiful woman's self inflicted wound is done in mock fashion only proving it is unassailable.

This is not a luxury of the masses. Short hair on a young women is just one less tool of attraction she had before.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 02-17-2010 at 11:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care