Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 12:36 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,306,900 times

Advertisements

A woman with ultra-short hair can be stunningly beautiful and even sexy (if she has perfect facial features), but she will still be less feminine than a women with longer hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 12:48 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,988,856 times
No. Not sexy at all.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:39 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,748,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
You cut your hair that short, good luck getting another date for as long as your hair is that short.
Heck, tell them to cut it then come to me. I'll probably find them more attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Poor Shia Labeouf (her boyfriend). My heart bleeds for him.
I'm quite jealous of him, thank you!

Old 02-18-2010, 06:46 PM

606 posts, read 1,235,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
No, you are all wrong, if she has short boy hair, I mean short like the girl in the picture, there's no way that can be made to look feminine, and there's no argument around it. It's hideous. Ladies, do yourself a favor and don't do it. .
I am not one of these women who goes and gets my hair short. But I will agrue and say that some women do look really good with shorter hair. Actress Maureen Flannigan comes to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The gal in the OP picture is NOT very attractive.
I think to pull it off the gal needs the right facial features, .
I don't think that Carey has the right features, her face looks so fake looking, like a doll or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Poor Shia Labeouf (her boyfriend). My heart bleeds for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
No way! When I see hair as short as the one in that pic I think "dyke" or at least "bi-curious, soon-to-be-dyke."
Yeah it does look very boyish but what I don't get is how a guy can find a girl with such short hair like the OP attractive UNLESS they are particular about the face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
A woman with ultra-short hair can be stunningly beautiful and even sexy (if she has perfect facial features),
Sadly I don't think that Carey does have stunning features, she does however have very pretty smiling eyes and pretty ears. I think she seems like a VERY sweet person from an interview that I read about her. In the long run the heart is all that matters.

Last edited by 8palmtrees; 02-18-2010 at 06:56 PM..

Old 02-18-2010, 11:18 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,306,523 times
Okay, so I'm not a guy, but I hope you don't mind me horning in on this thread.

I hate real short hair on women. Although it's rare, there have been exceptions. I don't know who Carey Mulligan is, but judging by this photograph I barely find her cute.

I do remember seeing Charlize Theron with a bleached boy-cut in a movie and thought it looked pretty on her.

But I have a nephew who finds bald/buzz-cut women hot. He said that any woman with enough confidence in herself like that is a turn-on. He also thinks that a truly pretty woman will still look pretty without the adornment of hair.

I don't share any of his views.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:15 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
I never heard of or seen the chick in the OP, but she's not really attractive to me. She would be better off (i.e., more attractive) with longer hair.

As Max'sMoma said, a woman will have to have a really beautiful face to pull it off. Like Halle Berry, Anna from "V" or Nora Jones (who is MORE attractive to me with shorter hair) and it also depends on their own personal "style" as well.

I knew this girl who was just okay with long hair, but when she shaved it all off she become just so super sexy it was amazing. Again, a lot of it had to do with her own personal sense of style. She was an artist (painter/sculpture) who lived a very new age (yoga, healthy eating, henna tattoo,etc.) type of life. Man, she got really sexy with her shaved head.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:56 AM

85 posts, read 227,177 times
The girl posted by OP is not sexy, nor hot IMHO. Period. Longer hair would have made her way more attractive.

A couple of days ago, I did see a girl in the subway pull it off with fairly short hair though. I was like woooooooo that's hot.

Again, that's like 1% of the female population. So please keep it long enough to increases your chances and attractiveness.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:04 AM

767 posts, read 2,066,991 times
I love short hair on alot of women. It can be extremely sexy and set them apart from the crowd. Look at women like Morena Baccarin (Anna on "V") IMO she is the sexiest woman anywhere on either this planet or the one that she is supposed to come from. Alot of other women like Alyssa Milano, Natalie Portman, Mariska Hargitay, and Janine Turner all were hottest with super short hair. I would also add Charlize Theron, Sharon Stone, and Wynona Ryder to this list too. I wish that more women would go for that look. Long hair is usually boring and plain.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:13 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times
Very, very few women can pull this off & get away with it, majority of them look mediocre, the rest are wtf were you thinking.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:14 AM

85 posts, read 227,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Illinois 1 View Post
I love short hair on alot of women. It can be extremely sexy and set them apart from the crowd. Look at women like Morena Baccarin (Anna on "V") IMO she is the sexiest woman anywhere on either this planet or the one that she is supposed to come from. Alot of other women like Alyssa Milano, Natalie Portman, Mariska Hargitay, and Janine Turner all were hottest with super short hair. I would also add Charlize Theron, Sharon Stone, and Wynona Ryder to this list too. I wish that more women would go for that look. Long hair is usually boring and plain.
Her name is Baccarin? OMG, what an elegant hottie!!!

I agree with you but most women in real life have trouble pulling it off. Of course, most famous actrices have the looks which makes things way easier for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care