Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2013, 07:33 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,512,221 times

Advertisements

It is patently obvious that "hawaiian by heart" does not own a business because he/she? does not even understand the difference between sales (revenue) and profit.

It doesn't matter who "sweats" while producing something. Without supervisors, managers, CEO's, etc., those "sweating" employees wouldn't bother to produce a darn thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 07:55 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdand3boys View Post
It is patently obvious that "hawaiian by heart" does not own a business because he/she? does not even understand the difference between sales (revenue) and profit.

It doesn't matter who "sweats" while producing something. Without supervisors, managers, CEO's, etc., those "sweating" employees wouldn't bother to produce a darn thing.
Hmmm so its poor=moral defect is it? Wonder what the other 60% of Americans would say about that? when struggling to pay the bills.

Ya i especially like the superior who knows how to chip in and get his hands dirty when the crew is down ppl or behind. Unlike most upper management who haven't done any hard laber or sweatted in there lives.

Anyway simply all im saying is we all need to be more social responsible. Greed is a human thing. Just like in Hawai'i be socially aware that its hard to make it there, so maybe instead of 2000 rent, maybe 1900? or the guy not working, work had to look for work so you get off the welfare line.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 08-24-2013 at 08:07 PM..

Old 08-24-2013, 08:07 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,512,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Hmmm so its poor=moral defect is it? Wonder what the other 60% of Americans would say about that? when struggling to pay the bills.

Ya i especially like the superior who knows how to chip in and get his hands dirty when the crew is down ppl or behind. Unlike most upper management who haven't done any hard laber in there life.
Where do you come up with this stuff? You smoking da pakalolo?

How would YOU possibly know if most upper management has done any hard, physical labor in their life or not? Maybe they worked as hard as our current president, working at a shave ice place (snow cones for you mainlanders) when he was a teenager? Should he have been paid a "living wage" for that?

Old 08-24-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:

How would YOU possibly know if most upper management has done any hard, physical labor in their life or not? Maybe they worked as hard as our current president, working at a shave ice place (snow cones for you mainlanders) when he was a teenager? Should he have been paid a "living wage" for that?
What are you so afraid of? I never said you cant be rich or make millions? That wasn't even the point of what i was saying.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:

Please don't take this as a personal attack ok, but you mindset and words of superiority rings true to others in history. And it spooky!

Old 08-24-2013, 09:45 PM

84 posts, read 83,310 times
Quote:
Please don't take this as a personal attack ok, but you mindset and words of superiority rings true to others in history. And it spooky!
Your posts are just one, unending stream of non-sequiturs. You illogically connect dots that aren't even in the same Universe, much less solar system, and the result is just one huge disjointed stream of meanderings.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:46 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times
Quote:
Further, im all for being responsible and work hard, but what you fail to realise is you can bw responsible and work hard and still be poor.
I wanted to get to a computer rather than my phone to address this.

Being poor is a choice.

You can be poor and happy. And for those that choose that - more power to you.

We all have opportunities to not be poor if we choose to do so. I get offended by this notion people are poor by circumstance.

Has anyone looked at the story of Colin Powell. Or Supreme Court justice Sonia Sotomayor?

Anyway - I grew up until I was 8 years old in a trailer. Not the cool doublewides you see today. It was Lagrange IL - It was called Balboa Trailer Park off Ogden Ave - called something else now. Lagrange is an interesting area - lots of wealthy people in the area.

I went to school with the wealthy kids - they knew I was in the trailer park - I got beaten often by groups of kids because of it. I knew early I wanted to be on the other side of the tracks. It all started with school.

I worked diligently to do well in school. I chose to my way out of poverty. When I was 8 we moved to Lyons, Il - we had this tiny single family home - and it is a cesspool of an area. It further reinforced my ticket out of poverty.

I went to crappy schools and persevered - scholarships came for college and then became my plan to not ever be poor again. I chose a career to get me not only income but a chance to travel the world. I was working in Chicago and a friend called me in November - they said - we have this startup called PeopleSoft - want to join. Even in 1992, I said - hmmm, no snow - but also asked, do I get stock options. I get a well - since you asked - sure. When they asked me to go Europe - I said - what kind of options do I get? When they asked me to move to Japan - I asked, what kind of bonus/stock is involved. When asked to move to Australia - well, you get the picture.

Suffice it to say I was never poor again.

Being poor is a choice made early on in your life - poor is fine if that is your thing - but don't make poor my problem. If choose a life of poverty - then don't complain about it later.

I have no sympathy for people that are poor and complain about it when they could have chosen a different path in life.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:54 PM

@viper

Im glad you shared you story viper, you and me have alot more in common then you know. I believe you misunderstood me my friend. When i say being poor is ok with me, it means i will always work hard to better myself but if i fail or fall short im fine with it because for me my personal value isnt on my outward successes, further i just enjoy simple.

Also like you im a success story, from my background, im one of the 15% who has made it kinda successful. Most of the guys who come from my background are serving time, dead, addicts etc. Im also reminded of how blessed i am too because i know guys with my background who are smarter and have worked harder then me and failed to overcome the odds.

At 17 i joined the navy in 88 to getout of an abusive situation, while in the navy i earned my way into bud/s training(very few make the cut)no im not SEAL.

Later in life i went to college, i used my bad background as a way to mentor troubled street kids, and help those in need. 18years ago i startted my

Old 08-24-2013, 11:01 PM

own business.

Today i still mentor with red road and im debt free and my kieki is off and running in life.

For every succeses story there are alot more guys who try just as hard and fail. Even by normal standards im not successful. I don't support lazy and yes there are ppl who are poor because they lazy. Me and others are not.

Further there always has to be a lower class in a capitalistic system.

Oh im sorry u got beatten up and picked on and got the message that poor is bad. I can relate.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 08-24-2013 at 11:12 PM..

Old 08-24-2013, 11:12 PM

84 posts, read 83,310 times
Quote:
own business.

Today i still mentor with red road and im debt free and my kieki is off and running in life.

For every succeses story there are alot more guys who try just as hard and fail. Even by normal standards im not successful. I don't support lazy and yes there are ppl who are poor because they lazy. Me and others are not.

Further there always has to be a lower class in a capitalistic system.
There will always be a lower class regardless of the system, but in non-capitalistic societies it encompasses almost everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii