Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 09:18 PM

100 posts, read 335,587 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry comfortably..it sounded so funny (and so genuine)! lol! Darn it, I'm always the last one to get the joke hehe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2008, 01:28 PM

421 posts, read 2,535,309 times
I'm 34 years old and looking to maybe relocate to Oahu in a few years. When I was in Waikiki Beach in early November there seemed to be quite a number of single women who weren't tourists. Do most single women hang out in Waikiki Beach area because there's more clubs and bars down there? I live near the pennsylvania, near the poconos and let me tell you dating here can't be any worse than in Hawaii.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:35 PM

69 posts, read 235,756 times
Any else have thoughts on this topic?

Old 08-14-2010, 07:01 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,520,618 times
With about 920,000 people living on Oahu and 120,000 people living on Maui, it doesn't seem like rocket science as to which would have a better dating scene?

Old 08-14-2010, 07:05 PM

69 posts, read 235,756 times
I thought about that...and it's true based on population, but I guess what I was looking for is more of personal experience.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:54 PM

117 posts, read 545,571 times
nearly all the hip clubs and bars on Oahu are in the waikiki area and yes, locals do hang out in waikiki to party

Old 08-19-2010, 02:44 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,684,000 times
Oahu

Old 12-19-2013, 07:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,423 times
Smile Maui vs Oahu - Quality vs Quantity

There are some very important aspects to both islands that you should consider before making any decision due to the dating scene. You can take the total population of each and assume that yes, there are more males on Oahu, just as there are also more males in Texas. However, if you are looking for quality, you will find that there is a high proportion of tat-sleeved or meth-using men on Oahu. There are plenty of low-wage jobs on Oahu, so you get a lot of uneducated people there. There are also a lot of programs for homeless or extreme poverty people on Oahu as compared with Maui, so you get a much higher concentration of that type.

If you're not bothered with wading through the chaffe for a decent guy, then there are the numbers on Oahu. However, if you want to be selective about who you date, it's much easier to do on Maui.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:16 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,932,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik05 View Post
However, if you are looking for quality, you will find that there is a high proportion of tat-sleeved or meth-using men on Oahu.
No doubt we love our meth in Hawaii - although I'm not sure if there are good island by island comparisons.

From an article in 2011......

"People often talk about the “price we pay to live in paradise”, referring to the high cost of living in the Aloha state. Taxes are high. Groceries are pricey. Electricity is expensive. Life in Hawaii does indeed come at a high cost. A recent study shows that the high cost may be one of the causes of a high rate of methamphetamine use among the workforce."

"Hawaii ranked number one in the nation for samples testing positive for meth."

"Although a recent Gallup survey named Hawaii the “2011 Happiest State in the US” and we often use the phrase “lucky to live in Hawaii”, it is no secret that many residents face financial pressures of living in paradise. And it seems this pressure is pushing some to find ways to work harder and longer. Methamphetamine’s ability to increase energy in users is enticing to folks that need to work long hours – like those required by many construction and service industry jobs – or multiple jobs. “Functional users” can also be found in competitive fields, such as law, where strong concentration and alertness are required to not only do a job, but do it better than the next person. And when one considers the current state of the economy, staying ahead of the competition is sometimes necessary for survival"

Hawaii Deemed Worst for Meth Use in the Workforce

Old 12-24-2013, 11:02 AM

4,131 posts, read 7,449,613 times
On Maui you can benefit from being a big fish in a small pond. Sure dating in a big city is great... If you're one of the good looking wealthy ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii