Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 03:26 PM

23,265 posts, read 18,777,131 times

Advertisements

Then there's the one who always claims they have the rarest form of a common complaint, the worst possible complications, requires the most expensive treatment (forget the OTC med...must have prescription strength), ends up with the most incompetent provider, yadda yadda yadda. Grew up with someone like this. Somehow all the fantastical conditions never seemed to prove out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 05:51 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
I've come to the conclusion that some people need to have a "problem" of one kind or another so they will have something to "complain about."....Sometimes they complain about their aches and pains...and sometimes they complain about other things in their life....Their chronic complaining and negativity affects the people around them....It's hard to "feel ok" when the person next to you has a need to "feel bad" and wallow in self pity....Any comments about this? Thanks....

They want attention. Ignore them and let them wallow in their own self-pity.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:22 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,519,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
and how! I live with one. Unfortunately I believe that a negative attitude begets a negative outcome in everything you do. I see it firsthand.
Five years later he was diagnosed with kidney cancer and died 20 days later. It's sad to say that my life without him is much easier than it was when he was alive.

I've since had open heart surgery and my aortic valve replaced. I don't complain about my plight in life but I wish it were easier.

Old 04-12-2019, 01:00 PM

1,074 posts, read 640,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I believe it is a way for these people to attract attention. They need to be treated "special" or have people feel sorry for them in some way. They like to be the center of attention. I have a cousin like this. As a child she was totally ignored by her alcoholic parents. Now, as an adult she has one medical problem after another so that she can go to the doctors office and be treated special by both the doctor and support staff. She has endured I don't know how may operations because of this sick need to be treated as though she was special.

It's awful what some parents do to their children.

20yrsinBranson
childfree for a reason
I was going to say the same thing. My mother was adopted by her aunt and uncle because they only had one child who was special needs, and could not have another. My mom says she always felt like she was simply a playmate for her sister, and anytime there was an issue, the special needs kid got everything: all money, all positive feedback, all attention, period.
My mother doctor-shopped my entire life trying so hard to find something wrong with herself. She was also one to constantly talk about how something was wrong with her and no one could figure it out. She lists symptoms, illnesses and medications to anyone and everyone who will listen. UGH!

Old 04-12-2019, 01:08 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,420,754 times
And then there are those who make every single C-D health thread about themselves. If they havent had the problem discussed by the OP, they still mention their failed surgery and the pain years later. I wonder if they complain like that to people in real life.

Old 04-12-2019, 03:27 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Five years later he was diagnosed with kidney cancer and died 20 days later. It's sad to say that my life without him is much easier than it was when he was alive.

I've since had open heart surgery and my aortic valve replaced. I don't complain about my plight in life but I wish it were easier.
Some times we have to talk about the bad and the good, it helps us release issues if nothing else. Living with an issue every minute of the day does wear on one. Some try to put on a happy face all the time and they are crying on the inside, and many complain about everything.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 04-12-2019 at 03:37 PM..

Old 07-12-2019, 09:30 AM

2 posts, read 1,568 times
Are y’all talking about people that’s in true Chronic pain

Old 07-12-2019, 09:34 AM

2 posts, read 1,568 times
Question Are you ...

[quote=Uher;55650867]Are y’all talking about people that’s in true Chronic pain or people that just really have nothing to complain about!

Old 07-12-2019, 06:41 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,579,035 times
There are some people who are broken-down, their body just does not function right anymore, maybe they are in a ton of pain............I do understand needing to vent in that case.

Others, they just like to gripe.

Old 07-13-2019, 06:00 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,280,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I see this is an older thread but still is true today. Many just run to doctors for every little ache and pain. I live with a lot of damage from the hands of doctors and they are about the last place I want to go. Dr. Google yes and hearing other's experiences. I know some people who don't have complete weeks/months if they don't have this and that MD appt. Then here I read comments from members "go to the doctor"... this can be for the most minor sounding issue.
Couple of years back i had what may have been considered trivial, i had a tingling sensation on my lips,a swollen left arm and my left leg was feeling odd, went to emergency and was diagnosed as being in the early stages of a stroke.
As for complaining about pain? If im hurting which is most of the time its only natural to say something about it,sorry if that bothers you (op) id gladly trade places with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness