Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:57 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Not enough money in the world to convince my reflexes to relax long enough for a surgeon to get a scalpel that close to my eyeball. I had my vision tested and there was a *virtual* probe that created the illusion of something coming closer and closer to my pupil, and I couldn't handle it.

It's not even a fear, really. It's just a reflex. I can stick my own finger in my eye to wipe off a speck of dust. But the moment someone or something else gets too close, my head jerks.
I use t think that unti I actually has lazer surgery. After the drops used I couldn;t sense anyhtig really. It was lie they were never toucing my eye. I really hated the air test to check for pressure but it was better than the old gauge they used years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 02:35 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
I had the 2nd eye done yesterday. This time, I remember almost all of it. From what the nurses and my doctor said, this seems to be not uncommon. Anyway, there is no way anyone could flinch as you don't see anything coming at you. I was told to look at the light and I remember a few times when my eye was rinsed with some liquid. My eye was held open by some gadget they installed right away when I was pretty woozy - don't remember that part. Do remember the draping, the lights, and the washings.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,055 times
Hi. I'm new to this forum....just found it after googling.

My cataract surgery was completed 5 weeks ago with standard lenses (both eyes a week apart). I knew I would need reading glasses and I've gotten them. What I didn't realize was that even with the reading glasses, I can not make out things like very small print, splinter in finger, etc.

It seems I need a magnifying glass to see small things up close.

I had been near-sighted and wore glasses since age 17, added progressive bifocals some years ago....but when I wanted to see something really small up close, it was actually much better and totally clear when I took off my glasses. I accept that the benefit of removing my glasses for really small close up vision is gone now but I didn't realize that the diopter correction in new reading glasses - and new prescription progressives - doesn't allow me to see small things up close.

What has been your experience with this? Do you need a magnifying glass too? Thanks.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:09 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadcu View Post
Hi. I'm new to this forum....just found it after googling.

My cataract surgery was completed 5 weeks ago with standard lenses (both eyes a week apart). I knew I would need reading glasses and I've gotten them. What I didn't realize was that even with the reading glasses, I can not make out things like very small print, splinter in finger, etc.

It seems I need a magnifying glass to see small things up close.

I had been near-sighted and wore glasses since age 17, added progressive bifocals some years ago....but when I wanted to see something really small up close, it was actually much better and totally clear when I took off my glasses. I accept that the benefit of removing my glasses for really small close up vision is gone now but I didn't realize that the diopter correction in new reading glasses - and new prescription progressives - doesn't allow me to see small things up close.

What has been your experience with this? Do you need a magnifying glass too? Thanks.
What is the magnification of your reading glasses?

Went with my docs suggestion, went to CVS and bought a pair of 250x reading glasses. Can read the tiny print on my prescription bottles with no problem...

Old 02-08-2014, 04:27 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,667,657 times
That person hasn't been on the forum in almost 2 years so I doubt you'll get an answer.

I had both eyes done, 2 weeks apart, about a year ago. I wear x250 for close up and small print. I got several pairs here:

Boomers in the Know - Sunglasses Readers | Full Reading Lens Sunglasses | Magnifying Sunglasses | Bifocal Sunglasses Boomers

Old 02-09-2014, 10:01 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,231,509 times
I''m scheduled for cataract surgery on my left eye for April. I have the pre-op meeting with the doctor this week (Tuesday). My main problem is that my left eye has gotten "lazy" and wanders off giving me double vision. The doctor isn't sure what's causing it but thinks maybe it's because my vision from that eye isn't what it should be. The sooner the better, as my vision right now is really the pits. Most of the time I just close my left eye lid and use my right eye. That doesn't help with my peripheral vision!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness