Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 10:08 PM

90 posts, read 140,965 times

Advertisements

Using data from the CDC, the vaccine watch organization Sanevax determined that, since Gardasil’s launch in 2006 until November 2012, the HPV vaccine was linked to 121 deaths and over 27,485 medical injuries of young girls, some as young as 11 years old.

and a bit more up to date to May 2013, Sanevax has compiled these astounding numbers of vaccines adverse reactions:

Disabled 947
Deaths 138
Did Not Recover 5,977
Abnormal Pap Smear 527
Cervical Dysplasia 214
Cervical Cancer 63
Life Threatening 559
Emergency Room 10,479
Hospitalized 3,026
Extended Hospital Stay 232
Serious 4,050
Adverse Events 30,020

Staggering numbers? Is anyone shocked? What happens when a few people get killed when an automaker makes faulty brakes? When happens when there is tainted food in the grocery stores?

But yet we can have all this death and illness surrounding a vaccine and no one blinks an eye? And no one is held accountable?

Old 06-21-2013, 10:09 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,813,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister k View Post
is estimated that virtually all women in the US experience a series of human papillomavirus infections throughout their lifetimes. What the makers of Gardasil try to hide is the well-documented fact that 90% of all HPV infections go away of their own accord within two years without causing any disease and with no treatment or intervention of any kind. (Ibid, Annuals of Med.)

Okay, so there are approximately 158 million women in the US.

Let's say only 150 million of them have/will contract HPV during their lifetimes. So according to your statistics "only" 15 million women will not have their infections go away on their own. 15. Million.

So you're willing to gamble your daughter is not one of the one in 10 girls who will eventually have some form on the HPV virus that requires treatment. Of course we know every one of those number will not get cervical cancer, and they all won't be infected with the strains covered by the vaccine. But those odds are not exactly super long, are they? 90% sounds like a whole lot more than it actually is. The base number is large enough that a significant number of women will end up benefiting.

Quote:
Using data from the CDC, the vaccine watch organization Sanevax determined that, since Gardasil’s launch in 2006 until November 2012, the HPV vaccine was linked to 121 deaths and over 27,485 medical injuries of young girls, some as young as 11 years old.
So they extrapolated from published numbers. Exactly how did they do this? Are their methodologies explained? Are these "estimates" based on every claim that was made, whether it turned out to be proved or not? This is how Jenny McCarthy got caught out there. It happens for every single vaccine.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:20 PM

By the CDC’s own admission, only 10 percent of adverse events get listed on VAERS. Even this very conservative figure has been refuted by independent analyses and actual records can be as low as 1 percent of all actual negative reactions for any given vaccine. It is therefore realistic to suspect that Gardasil is associated with anywhere from hundreds of thousands to millions of adverse effects among vaccinated American girls and young women (and boys)

And according to World Health Organization data, the rate of serious adverse reactions reported to the VAERS system is 2.5 times higher than the current age-standardized death rate from cervical cancer.*

This is interesting:

India banned the HPV vaccine a year ago due to vaccine-related deaths. France no longer permits advertising for Gardasil or Cervarix.

So why hasn’t the FDA, the CDC, the American Academy of Pediatrics, or Merck itself responded to the VAERS reports that Gardasil is not a safe vaccine? The argument, which is the same defense used by all the drug companies and government agencies against any adverse reaction to any vaccine, is that since the VAERS system uses voluntary, passive reporting, it does not prove that a sudden health problem – or even death — occurring after vaccination was in fact caused by the vaccine.

Last edited by mister k; 06-21-2013 at 10:35 PM..

Old 06-21-2013, 10:50 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,813,834 times
Interesting. I googled "HPV vaccine controversy" and this is what came up first:

HPV Vaccine: The Science Behind The Controversy : NPR

Which includes this passage:

Quote:
Last month, the independent Institute of Medicine found no good evidence that these deaths, or any other serious side effects, were caused by the vaccine.
The CDC has examined 35 deaths that occurred among 35 million young people who received the vaccine. It also concluded there is no evidence of cause and effect.
"We have not identified a significant likelihood of serious adverse events following vaccine," says Dr. Joseph Bocchini, chairman of pediatrics at Louisiana State University in Shreveport, who leads the CDC's working group on HPV vaccines. "This is a very safe vaccine."
Keep in mind this article is not pro-vaccine. It actually quotes several doctors that think it shouldn't have been made mandatory and that pap smears are more effective. But no one seems to think it's dangerous.

I can't find any articles on any reliable sites that seem to support this idea that people are dying over this vaccine. Certainly not anything within the last few years.

ETA: And for good measure, the CDC Page on the issue:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Vaccines/HPV/jama.html

Last edited by Tinawina; 06-21-2013 at 11:13 PM..

Old 06-21-2013, 11:06 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:

and a bit more up to date to May 2013, Sanevax has compiled these astounding numbers of vaccines adverse reactions:

Disabled 947
Deaths 138
Did Not Recover 5,977
Abnormal Pap Smear 527
Cervical Dysplasia 214
Cervical Cancer 63
Life Threatening 559
Emergency Room 10,479
Hospitalized 3,026
Serious 4,050
Adverse Events 30,020

Staggering numbers? Is anyone shocked? What happens when a few people get killed when an automaker makes faulty brakes? When happens when there is tainted food in the grocery stores?

But yet we can have all this death and illness surrounding a vaccine and no one blinks an eye? And no one is held accountable?
Maybe you could "show" us this data from the CDC instead of just "telling" us and expecting us to believe you. Link?

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 06-21-2013 at 11:18 PM..

Old 06-21-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
By the CDC’s own admission, only 10 percent of adverse events get listed on VAERS. Even this very conservative figure has been refuted by independent analyses and actual records can be as low as 1 percent of all actual negative reactions for any given vaccine. It is therefore realistic to suspect that Gardasil is associated with anywhere from hundreds of thousands to millions of adverse effects among vaccinated American girls and young women (and boys)

And according to World Health Organization data, the rate of serious adverse reactions reported to the VAERS system is 2.5 times higher than the current age-standardized death rate from cervical cancer.*

This is interesting:

India banned the HPV vaccine a year ago due to vaccine-related deaths. France no longer permits advertising for Gardasil or Cervarix.

So why hasn’t the FDA, the CDC, the American Academy of Pediatrics, or Merck itself responded to the VAERS reports that Gardasil is not a safe vaccine? The argument, which is the same defense used by all the drug companies and government agencies against any adverse reaction to any vaccine, is that since the VAERS system uses voluntary, passive reporting, it does not prove that a sudden health problem – or even death — occurring after vaccination was in fact caused by the vaccine.
It is a totlal lie that India banned the HPV vaccine. Even this anti-vaccine article says it has not been banned.

Docs advise caution on cancer vaccine - Times Of India

I could find no substantiation that France banned the advertising of it.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It is a totlal lie that India banned the HPV vaccine. Even this anti-vaccine article says it has not been banned.

Docs advise caution on cancer vaccine - Times Of India

I could find no substantiation that France banned the advertising of it.
You may want to look a little harder. I am sure you will find my statements to be correct. If you can't find the information on both topics, please let me know.

Sometimes just "googling" topics takes a person down some wild roads. I have been researching vaccines for over 20 years, I read newspapers from around the world and spend much of my time with my nose in a book.

Last edited by mister k; 06-21-2013 at 11:49 PM..

Old 06-21-2013, 11:42 PM

Quote:
You may want to look a little harder. I am sure you will find my statements to be correct. If you can't find the information on both topics, please let me know.

Sometimes just "googling" topics takes a person down some wild roads. I have been researching vaccines for over 20 years, I read newspapers from around the world and spend much of my time with my nose in a book.
You may want to back up what you're saying with credible links, e.g. not from neo-Nazi pig farmers and physicians who have lost their licenses to practice medicine for gross misconduct.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:06 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,233,035 times
Quote:

Disabled 947
Deaths 138
Did Not Recover 5,977
Abnormal Pap Smear 527
Cervical Dysplasia 214
Cervical Cancer 63
Life Threatening 559
Emergency Room 10,479
Hospitalized 3,026
Serious 4,050
Adverse Events 30,020

Sanevax isn't a "watchdog".....its an anti gardisil web site run by 5 individuals with absolutely no medical background...

The "data" you have listed is less than worthless, there is no verifiable evidence of 121 deaths related to Gardisil despite this number being bandied about anti vaxers.

Here Is How We Know Gardasil Has Not Killed 100 People - Forbes

Funny that Sanevax used data from the CDC to arrive at their numbers according to you, yet the CDC itself seems to be unaware of this fact
CDC - HPV Vaccine Safety - Vaccine Safety

Old 06-22-2013, 01:19 AM

1,851 posts, read 3,400,498 times
Folks this is an interesting topic which has veered away from parenting into discussions about vaccines and health...therefore, I'm moving this to a more appropriate forum.

Happy Debating!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness