Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 09:04 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Purehuman shows up in every vaccine related thread on this site promoting her illogical anti vaccine propaganda, it isn't worth debating her, she doesn't understand even the most basic concepts of how vaccines work....
AAAWW, come on...you know you LOVE it...too bad you won't take the time to read a few of the multitude of sites that actually tell you the TRUTH about vaccines...but then..I know...they're not from the CDC.

Last edited by purehuman; 06-21-2013 at 09:13 AM..

Old 06-21-2013, 09:12 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Wrong, wrong, wrong. 40,000 need to be vaccinated JUST IN CASE the animal in question had rabies. It doesn't mean they were exposed to rabies. If a squirrel bites someone, mistaking a finger for a peanut, the person will get a rabies shot. It doesn't mean the squirrel was rabid. Chances are that it wasn't.
WOW!!, vaccinate 40,000 "just in case". You do realize vaccines DO have side effects right?...some can be life threatening....Merk+Co, GlaxoSmithKline, etc would probably hire you in a second...you'd make a great spokesperson.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:46 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
WOW!!, vaccinate 40,000 "just in case". You do realize vaccines DO have side effects right?...some can be life threatening....Merk+Co, GlaxoSmithKline, etc would probably hire you in a second...you'd make a great spokesperson.
That's regarding the rabies vaccine. Rabies is exceptionally nasty. If you're bitten by an animal, feel free to eschew the shot. No skin off my nose; it not like there's a herd immunity at stake.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:51 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
AAAWW, come on...you know you LOVE it...too bad you won't take the time to read a few of the multitude of sites that actually tell you the TRUTH about vaccines...but then..I know...they're not from the CDC.
I would take your links seriously if they were from a credible source, but you always post articles written by people with zero education or experience in the fields of virology, infectious diseases, pharmacology, etc. I can't take seriously the opinion on vaccines by astrologers, engineers, or some of the other "experts" you have found. My favorite will always be the pet psychic site you like to link to (see I do read the links).

Old 06-21-2013, 09:52 AM

90 posts, read 140,942 times
Another very interesting thread on vaccines, I must say. Ready for some hard-ball?

As a quick reminder, this thread is about the HPV vaccine. I won't discuss anything else but that topic and I will follow the forum rules...nor will I resort to personal attacks or any other acts that are degrading and disrespectful to other people here on the forum.

I'd like to think we can have spirited adult discussions and debates yet still remain civil. It has been my past experience that the people who run out of constructive information seem to be the first ones to resort to name-calling, sarcasm and going completely off-topic. Fair enough?

Old 06-21-2013, 10:00 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I'm pretty surprised that vaccines can be given without parental consent. And of course the parents could find out; for certain grades at school, you have to obtain vaccine records and I wouldn't think that the hcp would agree to not report that that one was given. (Not to mention, it has to be given three times, so it's not like a 14-year-old wouldn't need transportation to the clinic/doctor's office.) I know that when my kids have vaccines, I have to sign a form for each one saying that I understand the risks/benefits. I didn't realize that a vaccination against a virus was included under the rules that allow kids to get treatment/medications for reproductive health. I also wonder whether this varies by state.
I live in a different country. Yes, we send out parental consent forms through the schools. However, the age of medical consent is 14. A kid can get the shot even if the parents refuse because "MY kid isn't sexually active, and won't be sexually active. There's no need."
For the 9-14 olds, it absolutely depends on the consent forms. 14 and up, we, still send out the consent forms with the appropriate information regarding the risks and benefits, BUT they can make the decision on their own. There's no transportation to clinics, because the clinics go to the schools. We do vaccination en masse in the gym or auditorium. We do the same for DpT boosters, tetanus boosters, hepatitis boosters, etc.
If you had any idea just how many of these kids are sexually active, it would really surprise you.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:14 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
^^There are no uniform consent laws in the US; it varies by state. There is no federal law at all requiring a parental consent for vaccines. Most health care practices require some sort of consent.
Legal Basis of Consent for Health Care and Vaccination for Adolescents

Old 06-21-2013, 11:24 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,702,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister k View Post
Another very interesting thread on vaccines, I must say. Ready for some hard-ball?

As a quick reminder, this thread is about the HPV vaccine. I won't discuss anything else but that topic and I will follow the forum rules...nor will I resort to personal attacks or any other acts that are degrading and disrespectful to other people here on the forum.

I'd like to think we can have spirited adult discussions and debates yet still remain civil. It has been my past experience that the people who run out of constructive information seem to be the first ones to resort to name-calling, sarcasm and going completely off-topic. Fair enough?
The debate is impossible to have since either "side" will simply rely upon an outside set of experts that agree with their opinion. Hence, anyone's ability to prove their case convincingly to the other side rests on the other side accepting the credibility of the proposed experts. Since we have already well established that the "pro" camps experts are "big pharma shills" and the "con" camps experts are "quacks"; there will never be agreement. The entire discussion is basically people stating where their personal position is on the matter and which experts they find credible.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:26 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,194,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
The debate is impossible to have since either "side" will simply rely upon an outside set of experts that agree with their opinion. Hence, anyone's ability to prove their case convincingly to the other side rests on the other side accepting the credibility of the proposed experts. Since we have already well established that the "pro" camps experts are "big pharma shills" and the "con" camps experts are "quacks"; there will never be agreement. The entire discussion is basically people stating where their personal position is on the matter and which experts they find credible.

This is spot on.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:31 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,319,403 times
I waited for our D. It was just too early in the release to just jump on it and get one as opposed to other vaccines that have been out for decades and have solid reports to back up the claims that they work and don't cause further damage. Our kids have gotten all of their vaccines so I am pro-vac but just wanted more data on this one. Our D got her first HPV today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness