Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 06:00 PM

653 posts, read 816,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Great, so nothing's wrong with you? BS. They don't know. Are you going to the dentist and neuro?
I am going to the dentist soon, but as of now, im not planning on going to a neuro or any other doctor for that matter. I may look into doing something about my anxiety/depression but as for anyting else, no. I spent enough money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
After years of people telling me my sinus issues were all in my head, I needed to treat my allergies, I needed to cut out gluten, I needed to blah blah blah blah, I went to an allergist who ordered a CT scan.

He treated me for a possible sinus infection, but told me that I had some minor irregularities in my septum and the tissues of my sinuses (I forget what they were called). He basically said that I was perfectly set up to be a meteorologist as I'm not even remotely allergic to anything and my headaches are entirely triggered by weather changes, which cause the excess tissue in my sinuses to swell. The result is some truly skull-splitting headaches and ear aches, in addition to congestion caused by the swollen tissue blocking things up.

Soooo basically I've got the option of getting my sinuses "carved out" as the doctor put it or just going with medication since the headaches only happen every couple of months. The surgery is very successful but kind of tricky, which makes me nervous. So far I've got two nasal steroids and I have a stash of benadryl, Advil PM and regular Advil to deal with it. I also picked up some marijuana edibles for when things get REALLY ugly - I've found that it can be helpful when I can't sleep due to the pain. One edible lets me relax enough that I stop stressing about the pain, and I can drift off and get some quality sleep. I monitor the weather (as does my roommate) and try to anticipate when I'm going to have a problem.

Once my room is back to normal (currently having work done), I'm going to use my humidifier more regularly and also reintroduce using the neti pot. I figure it might help to keep added irritants out of my nasal passages.

However, I will say that the headaches are a lot better here in Colorado than they were in Jersey. Before I moved, I once literally had to pull over one day to puke in a parking lot and then had to have a friend come pick me up because there was no way I could drive any further.

Still debating the surgery though.
my issue is definitely triggered by temperature changes.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:52 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
We found when we eliminated meat and dairy that we avoided sinus infections. Also, you need to drink a lot of water. This is the first winter that we have not acquired the infection but just straying into the meat and dairy gives us such excess drainage that it makes it easy to back off. Healthy diet and exercise always works wonders.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:15 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,760,165 times
OMG I will never go back to vegan, it ruined my health. Glad it worked for you, though.

I've never had one before and I believe this is Mav's first one too. Lasting over a year BTW.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:05 AM

7,125 posts, read 12,661,810 times
Dairy and foods/drinks with lactose and yeast often are the culprits behind sinusitis. Do you eat/drink much dairy, cheese, milk, etc? Eat a lot of bread, pastries, beer? Ever tried an elimination diet?

Old 03-06-2014, 03:13 PM

I am a paleo follower. I cut out dairy about four months ago. If I have a little cheese I don't flare.

Old 03-09-2014, 03:37 PM

818 posts, read 1,017,129 times
Dunk your head in a bucket of epsom salt water three times then spin in a circle and repeat. Note: Don't inhale when dunking.

Old 03-09-2014, 03:51 PM

Lmao!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2014, 12:02 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
Here's an idea you might want to try---

I have had chronic sinusitis for years, too. I discovered that taking Prevacid helps!

Prevacid helps control stomach acids. Sometimes the acids go up into the nasal passages and irritate, causing sinusitis. I didn't even feel the typical heartburn sensations, I just tried the Prevacid because I read something about it. Its another approach, I figured might as well give it a try. It really does help, at least for me

If you do decide to give it a try, look for the store's brand, about half the price, and its rather expensive.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Lmao!!!!!!!!!
Went to the Dentist today and the results were great. Filled 3 small cavities and thats that. Therefore, Ive come to the following conclusion: since my condition hasnt killed me in the past year, Im no longer going to worry about nor go to a bunch of doctors to figure out the cause. Im simply going to stick with the diagnosis from my ENT and just live with it. Nonallergic vasomotor rhinitis it is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness