Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2020, 04:43 PM

3,248 posts, read 2,455,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
This is the real lesson of the virus that is practically never talked about in mainstream media.

We have a chronically ill populace and most of that is due to lifestyle issues.
Thank you for saying this.

And not only do we have a chronically ill population who is that way because of lifestyle choices, many of those people would have you believe that they have just been dealt a bad hand by the gene gods and shame us into listening to their litany of complaints in the name of "public health " We are in a population where unhealthy is the norm and every ache and pain elevated to the level of personal identity. Soon there will be so many of these people that those of us who are healthy will be expected to curtail activities for the obese, the drug user, the smoker. Unhealthy will be the new health, bad habits passed along instead of good, entitlement to destroy one's body the ultimate freedom.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:09 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
This presents how the virus infected most diners at a restaurant. The key is the location of the spreader and the ventilation system which causes the particles to travel farther and recirculate.

link

I've heard some establishments may have 1-hour timeouts to disinfect the premises so the lunch and dinner hours would be spread out. If you want to avoid getting infected, you set up an appointment for early lunch or dinner and plan on eating quickly.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:35 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrie143 View Post
[/b]

You may be waiting a long time. What makes anyone believe that a truly safe and effective vaccine is going to be developed so soon? It took 12 YEARS for an influenza vaccine to be developed, people! Scientists aren't gods, you know, they're humans and humans are only capable of so much.

Take a look at this and jump to page 13: https://www.cugh.org/sites/default/f...1_Graham.B.pdf
Those of you who are waiting to get back to normal living until a vaccine is developed...you really need a reality check. Can you imagine what will happen if a vaccine is rushed out only to have a slew of negative side effects? Too many people and parents already don't believe in the safety of vaccines, which has lead to the re-emergence of diseases we thought to be eradicated. A Covid vaccine screw up would be devastating to the entire community that is developing vaccines for so many other diseases, not to mention to the medical community.
True, I realize that. In the meantime though, the longer I waited all this time, the less likely chances to catching it had I already eaten takeout out there already. I know I have the will power to not eat out for a good year, so that's a whole year I would have had peace of mind that I may not have caught it from some restaurant food I got out there.

I also don't want to be the 1st guinea pig to try out the new vaccine once it is developed.

My loved ones & I are ALL just praying step by step, as each day comes while enjoying our lives in the meantime.

By the way I just wanted to add that my almost 82-yo Mom rarely got takeout in general, but she's NOT just going to give up now because of her age like some elderly people's mentality may be at this point & say, "Oh well, I've lived most of my life already so I'll go out w/ a bang & be happy eating the good restaurant food & going out there, etc.!" Nope, she's still taking precautions, wearing masks at all times, going out during less crowded times, etc. She's religious & still prays for 129 years of living (covid or not). The Lord says we get not because we ask not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Neither is dying
Right, good one! I'd rather live a little more cooped up if I have to, but still be ALIVE!

Old 05-26-2020, 06:19 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
She's religious & still prays for 129 years of living (covid or not). The Lord says we get not because we ask not.
If so, she'll beat the world record by nearly 6 years!

But never say never.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:27 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times
We went to lunch yesterday....we are still alive. Stop being so scared! This virus is nowhere NEAR as deadly as we've been told. If you don't want to go out....don't. It's YOUR choice. I choose to get the hell out there and LIVE! Living but having to stay at home all the time is NOT "living".....use some common sense and basic hygiene and you'll be fine.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:44 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
We went to lunch yesterday....we are still alive. Stop being so scared! This virus is nowhere NEAR as deadly as we've been told. If you don't want to go out....don't. It's YOUR choice. I choose to get the hell out there and LIVE! Living but having to stay at home all the time is NOT "living".....use some common sense and basic hygiene and you'll be fine.
So true and yet some here have to continually post how many died etc etc. We know we hear the news and how about adding that so many had major health issues and from all I've heard the "virus" pushed them over and all had such a weakened immune system. To continually post the negative stuff, good lord.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:47 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
Thank you for saying this.

And not only do we have a chronically ill population who is that way because of lifestyle choices, many of those people would have you believe that they have just been dealt a bad hand by the gene gods and shame us into listening to their litany of complaints in the name of "public health " We are in a population where unhealthy is the norm and every ache and pain elevated to the level of personal identity. Soon there will be so many of these people that those of us who are healthy will be expected to curtail activities for the obese, the drug user, the smoker. Unhealthy will be the new health, bad habits passed along instead of good, entitlement to destroy one's body the ultimate freedom.
I heard bits and pieces of a story that more end up dying by going to hospitals and end up on ventilators...many heal themselves at home.. Hospitals are the worse place for infections.

Work on that immune system folks. Save Yourself.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:25 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Default Is It Safe to Eat at Restaurants Again? How to Reduce COVID-19 Risks If You Eat Out

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/hea...t-restaurants/

Quote:
These 5 risks associated with dining in at restaurants might convince you to continue to order takeout, according to a top infectious disease scholar. Here's how you can mitigate them.
If you are crazy enough to want to eat out, read this.

We are doing carry-out once a week. Only where they take CC number over phone and bring to car

Bring it home, disinfect the containers, microwave food for 20 seconds, put on plates, wash hands and then eat!

No way in Hell will we go into restaurant

Old 05-27-2020, 07:40 AM

3,644 posts, read 1,600,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/hea...t-restaurants/

If you are crazy enough to want to eat out, read this.

We are doing carry-out once a week. Only where they take CC number over phone and bring to car

Bring it home, disinfect the containers, microwave food for 20 seconds, put on plates, wash hands and then eat!

No way in Hell will we go into restaurant

Have to agree. Any place where people gather inside even if more then 6 feet part is not a good idea. Here's another study that implicates it was restaurants in large part that helped to spread the virus:

"Study blames sit-down restaurants, fast food chains and hotels for being 'super-spreader' businesses during the Covid-19 outbreak in New York, California and six other US states"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...usinesses.html

Old 05-27-2020, 09:01 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
To put this in some perspective, I live in a central Florida county of almost 700,000 population. There have been 891 positives and only 50 deaths, almost all from elderly in nursing homes. I feel pretty safe to go almost anywhere here. If, however, you are living in a "hot spot" you may want to exercise more precaution about eating out or anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness