Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 02:07 PM

10,237 posts, read 6,326,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
Everyone has the right to dignity of choice, but the OP's choice affects his wife. That's why she's upset. I have the right to choose to quit my job and gamble away my life savings too, but my spouse would be rightfully upset.
MY husband tested Positive for Covid in December. Should I have banished him from the house so I would not catch it myself? WHO is being selfish? We have been married 46 years. Ever hear of in sickness and in health? I did not catch it from him. I just take all of his illnesses in stride and don't stress them, including his flu and pneumonia which I CAN CATCH living with him.

You not only want to pit stranger against stranger, but also family member against family member. EVERYONE FOR THEMSELVES.

Old 03-05-2021, 02:17 PM

37,119 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
It's very difficult to find recent information about the number of people not ready to accept the vaccine. But the OP is not alone. From what I can tell approximately forty percent of health care workers are taking a wait and see stance.-

It's not only a lack of trust issue but also a very valid lack of collated information issue and that seems a fair reason for hesitation.

These people are educated in what it takes to develop and market a vaccine and know that this one has been marketed extremely rapidly and without long-term observation. That is contrary to standard procedure and should give anyone a moment of thought and weighing their choice.

I'm a strong believer in allowing people their own health care choices without shaming or harassment. You have a right to medical privacy and should feel free to exercise it with dignity.

With loved ones, tell them the reasons for your choices. Refuse to argue or name call. If you can talk about your underlying feelings sometimes that helps others understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
Most people also don't seem to realize that there is little to no recourse for anyone who is harmed or has an adverse reaction to the vaccine.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/corona...nyone-it-harms

The gov't basically gave big pharma the reigns on this one. Once you take it, if you do happen to have adverse affects, good luck with any recourse. You're basically stuck with whatever the outcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
This NY post article goes over the percentages

Alarming number of US health care workers are refusing COVID-19 vaccine

which aligns with OPs gut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
What I find odd is that these folks (unless they are relatively untrained CNAs) are supposedly educated in science and how to understand data. I'd love to ask them, "what evidence would you require before you get a vaccine?" Could they even answer?

It's about like people who sell all their stock, put their money under their mattress and then wait years to decide if they should and when they should get back in the market. Nope, just got scared and don't have a clue on how to make a real data-based decision. Their loss....
If it is a nursing home the refusers are most likely CNAs with high school educations. It is not doctors who are refusing the vaccine.

One RN at a health department in KS convinced her staff to refuse to administer the vaccine "because it had only been tested on 45 people". She was totally ignorant of the large phase 3 trials done by Moderna and Pfizer.

As far as compensation for adverse effects are concerned, there is recourse.

https://www.hrsa.gov/cicp

Old 03-05-2021, 02:18 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,104,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya Henie View Post
The wife may be one of the 5% or so who do not get immunity, therefore he could give her Covid.

No Covid vaccine is approved for kids under 16 and only one, Pfizer, is approved for 16-17 yr. olds. Not to mention the vaccine is still under EUA only. There is no way any state (which is the branch of government that would have to do so) is going to require it under these circumstances. The same applies to Covid vaccine passports, at least in the US.
I was speaking in general terms of vaccination, your explanation of the 5% answers that though. I dont think "public" schools will require it till they lift the emergency use.

Some private businesses are trying
Waitress says she was fired from NYC eatery for not getting COVID vaccine

Old 03-05-2021, 02:37 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,391,623 times
What does your gut feeling say? Conspiracy? Death by vaccine? Mad science? Doctors' lies? Maybe you are just a stubborn and ornery person on any given day.
Give your wife some credit.

Remember how much you love her.

If you need a good reason to get the vaccine, then do it for love of your family. Do it for peace in your family. They are all you have.
Good luck.

Old 03-05-2021, 02:42 PM

8,773 posts, read 5,065,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
You're being foolish, and selfish. Your getting the vaccine helps to protect everyone around you, in addition to yourself. So go ahead and get it, for your wife's safety, if not for your own. Scientific data is not "hype". 500,000 have died, and many more have suffered terribly. I had 12 hours of misery after my second dose. I surely do not want to go through a much worse couple of weeks of suffering, or potentially longer, and die. So stop being a stubborn fool and get vaccinated!
If everyone around him gets their shot......then they are protected....he is not. HIS CHOICE.

Old 03-05-2021, 03:03 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,072,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrob View Post
I'm holding off on taking the Covid vaccine right now, because of my gut feeling about it. (My gut always steers me right).

But my wife keeps bugging me about it, because she's getting hers, and her family has gotten theirs, and showing their proud moments on Facebook, so my wife has fallen for the hype.

She's telling her friends that I'm "scared" of getting it. I'm not scared, I'm just not ready to take it yet.

I'm fed up with it, and I sort of starting to feel like an outcast with her family now.

Anyone else going through this right now?
No, but I would tell them that I will think about it when more evidence is in and the vaccines are no longer classified as experimental.

Old 03-05-2021, 03:40 PM

7,928 posts, read 3,477,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Or she just wants you to be safe and healthy. Though with a husband who refers to vaccinations as "hype" and his wife as some kind of chump, maybe she's just tired of your baloney.

It's pretty funny that a man is scared of a little needle. I'll let you in on a secret: The needle doesn't really go all the way through your arm.

My husband pitches a fit every time he has to have blood drawn but when the vaccine became available, suddenly the needle didn't seem like such a big deal to him. He's anxious to resume traveling. The vaccinations make that possible.
Do you honestly think this is a persuasive approach?

Old 03-05-2021, 04:21 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,585,635 times
Good for you sirrob, I don't blame you one bit for waiting. Avoid your wife's family as best you can. Your wife should respect your decision.

Old 03-05-2021, 04:26 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,585,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Or she just wants you to be safe and healthy. Though with a husband who refers to vaccinations as "hype" and his wife as some kind of chump, maybe she's just tired of your baloney.

It's pretty funny that a man is scared of a little needle. I'll let you in on a secret: The needle doesn't really go all the way through your arm.

My husband pitches a fit every time he has to have blood drawn but when the vaccine became available, suddenly the needle didn't seem like such a big deal to him. He's anxious to resume traveling. The vaccinations make that possible.
"Scared of a needle"........ that's what you got from his original post. Where did he mention a needle?? That's just ridiculous to assume that

Old 03-05-2021, 05:35 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,974,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Do you honestly think this is a persuasive approach?
Who's trying to be persuasive? Do you think I care enough about the OP to persuade him to do the right thing?

He came here and dissed his wife, all but calling her gullible. 1st mistake. Then he dissed her family. 2nd mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness