Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2022, 02:25 PM

1,555 posts, read 781,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileNotaryInk View Post
I'm just so overwhelmed with the panic and the constant vaccine's being pushed to keep living!
That’s only if you watch news. You control it.

Old 09-15-2022, 04:18 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,296,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileNotaryInk View Post
I'm just so overwhelmed with the panic and the constant vaccine's being pushed to keep living!

There's no apostrophe in vaccines.

Old 09-15-2022, 09:30 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,297,747 times
I just got the bivalent Moderna booster today. Given I've seen more than one co-worker struggle with a moderate case of covid including long covid, I figured why not?

Using a vaccine to train the immune system seems like a good idea in theory to me. I'd rather have a bit of inflammation from the vaccine over 5-10X the inflammation if I were to get unprotected covid.

It's all about cost/benefit analysis. I walked in and walked out and even got an $8 gift card for getting the flu shot. I don't dispute some people with good genetics seem to never get sick no matter what they do, and diet also seems to matter... my 65 year old father who eats a high antioxidant mostly plant based diet and is ripped hasn't gotten any covid shot yet, because he believes a lot of the propaganda online, and doesn't believe he needs the shot, that his extremely healthy lifestyle gives him added protection. He's probably right.

I don't try to change his mind... I guess we are both experiments for lifestyles that are far different than the average american. We are both lean, he eats mostly plant based, and I eat more paleo.... meat and fruits/veggies, spices, cocoa, coffee, antioxidants. I will probably gradually go more plant based over time, but will never give up meat entirely, because it's not really bad for anyone in moderation. Donuts are. Pop Tarts. Pies. French Fries. Fried Chicken. Inflammation bombs.

Last edited by sholomar; 09-15-2022 at 09:50 PM..

Old 09-15-2022, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I just got the bivalent Moderna booster today. Given I've seen more than one co-worker struggle with a moderate case of covid including long covid, I figured why not?

Using a vaccine to train the immune system seems like a good idea in theory to me. I'd rather have a bit of inflammation from the vaccine over 5-10X the inflammation if I were to get unprotected covid.

It's all about cost/benefit analysis. I walked in and walked out and even got an $8 gift card for getting the flu shot. I don't dispute some people with good genetics seem to never get sick no matter what they do, and diet also seems to matter... my 65 year old father who eats a high antioxidant mostly plant based diet and is ripped hasn't gotten any covid shot yet, because he believes a lot of the propaganda online, and doesn't believe he needs the shot, that his extremely healthy lifestyle gives him added protection. He's probably right.

I don't try to change his mind... I guess we are both experiments for lifestyles that are far different than the average american. We are both lean, he eats mostly plant based, and I eat more paleo.... meat and fruits/veggies, spices, cocoa, coffee, antioxidants. I will probably gradually go more plant based over time, but will never give up meat entirely, because it's not really bad for anyone in moderation. Donuts are. Pop Tarts. Pies. French Fries. Fried Chicken. Inflammation bombs.
There is absolutely nothing to lose in getting vaccines unless doctor says no for whatever and that’s rare.

Old 09-15-2022, 09:49 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,358,184 times
I'm getting a Pfizer booster and a flu shot tomorrow. I wanted the Moderna, but it's not available. I didn't want to wait as we're traveling in a week.

My husband had both earlier this week. Only had a sore arm.

I think my first booster left me with the most pain in my arm. The rest went away quickly. Apparently it worked though. My husband had a break thru case of Covid. I was sure I'd get it as he was mostly asymptomatic, and we had already been sleeping in the same bed while he was contagious. I tested 4 times. I never had it.

Old 09-15-2022, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
I'm getting a Pfizer booster and a flu shot tomorrow. I wanted the Moderna, but it's not available. I didn't want to wait as we're traveling in a week.

My husband had both earlier this week. Only had a sore arm.

I think my first booster left me with the most pain in my arm. The rest went away quickly. Apparently it worked though. My husband had a break thru case of Covid. I was sure I'd get it as he was mostly asymptomatic, and we had already been sleeping in the same bed while he was contagious. I tested 4 times. I never had it.
Were Moderna your last 3 shots?

Old 09-16-2022, 03:56 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,358,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Area Man View Post
Were Moderna your last 3 shots?
No, my previous shots and boosters were Pfizer. I recalled that previously there were some indications that getting the other brand might help with immunity.

Old 09-16-2022, 03:47 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,342,946 times
Just got my Pfizer bivalent booster an hour ago, no reaction so far, my arm doesn't even hurt.

Old 09-16-2022, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Just got my Pfizer bivalent booster an hour ago, no reaction so far, my arm doesn't even hurt.
Do you feel tired?

Old 09-16-2022, 04:20 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,342,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Area Man View Post
Do you feel tired?
Nope, maybe I got the placebo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness