Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2022, 07:21 PM

1,555 posts, read 781,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
For some people, some of the time. I've never had any sickness reaction to any vaccine in my life except Shingrix. Nothing except mild soreness at the injection site. And since I hate feeling sick I chose to have the J&J covid vaccine and had no reaction at all
You never felt tired/fatigued/weak? Pfizer/Moderna are the most safest. Heard some crazy stories on JJ but it was rare. Still, given a choice I would always get Pfizer

Old 09-14-2022, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
No, that idea has been debunked for the covid mRNA vaccine, a person getting sick doesn't mean the vaccine is working any better than on a person who didn't get sick.
That is true as well. Looks like older people get less side effects or none. My 80 year old mom never gets any side effects.

Old 09-14-2022, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
No evidence to back that up. All of the previous versions have waned in their effectiveness over time. I’m playing it safe and waiting until October to maximize effectiveness with the expectation it will wane some over time. Agree it will be become a yearly shot.
I just go with CDC. You aren’t playing it safe since Omicron is around now. This is why FDA approved it as emergency.

Old 09-14-2022, 08:58 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,298,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Area Man View Post
You never felt tired/fatigued/weak? Pfizer/Moderna are the most safest. Heard some crazy stories on JJ but it was rare. Still, given a choice I would always get Pfizer

No no and no. Shingrix is the only vaccine in my life that gave me any feelings of "illness." And they were what most people would consider mild, but since I rarely get sick even mild feels miserable.

Old 09-14-2022, 08:59 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,298,375 times
Quote:
That is true as well. Looks like older people get less side effects or none. My 80 year old mom never gets any side effects.

That's why I'm gonna wait until I'm at least 70 to try Shingrix again. And fortunately that's a way off.

Old 09-14-2022, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
No no and no. Shingrix is the only vaccine in my life that gave me any feelings of "illness." And they were what most people would consider mild, but since I rarely get sick even mild feels miserable.
Great.

Old 09-15-2022, 05:20 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,883,118 times
Quote:
I just go with CDC. You aren’t playing it safe since Omicron is around now. This is why FDA approved it as emergency.
Nope. Gonna wait. I haven't gotten COVID yet after 2.5 years. Going to keep doing what I've been doing. Going to wait until probably mid October to maximize the effectiveness of the vaccine in the winter months, which will be bad. Hopefully those who got it early won't see their effectiveness/protection drop.... That's why I'm waiting.

Old 09-15-2022, 08:57 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,139,423 times
Had 2nd booster (Pfizer) on Tuesday, almost a year to the day after my first booster. Never had any reaction other than a sore arm (and actually the first booster was the worst; this time it was sore, but not for too long). I also tested positive for COVID back in January.....which presented as nothing more than the sniffles.

I am now treating COVID like the flu. It is always going to be out there, so I will get yearly vaccines to help prevent it or reduce the severity should I get it. i don't care at all if other people choose to vaccinate or not. I also am not wearing a mask anymore.

Last edited by spencgr; 09-15-2022 at 09:37 AM..

Old 09-15-2022, 02:13 PM

11 posts, read 6,500 times
I'm just so overwhelmed with the panic and the constant vaccine's being pushed to keep living!

Old 09-15-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Had 2nd booster (Pfizer) on Tuesday, almost a year to the day after my first booster. Never had any reaction other than a sore arm (and actually the first booster was the worst; this time it was sore, but not for too long). I also tested positive for COVID back in January.....which presented as nothing more than the sniffles.

I am now treating COVID like the flu. It is always going to be out there, so I will get yearly vaccines to help prevent it or reduce the severity should I get it. i don't care at all if other people choose to vaccinate or not. I also am not wearing a mask anymore.
Covid is the most dangerous virus in human history. It’s like flu on steroids. I will continue to wear a mask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness