Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2023, 02:45 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,866,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I'm seeing more and more people wearing the 3M Aura. I don't because it doesn't fit me. But nearly all the people at our Palo Alto clinic wear them.

I use Honeywell (formerly Sperian) N95 and N99s. I have never had one fail or leak. And I have never had Covid.
The Honeywell N95 is my favorite and by far the most comfortable. I loaded up on those.

I usually just wear KN95s when I’m in non- high risk settings, like running in and out of stores, picking up food, etc. But throw on the N95 in higher risk settings. Love he Honeywells.

I have never had COVID either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2023, 02:56 PM

995 posts, read 509,671 times
How many people reading / posting in this thread were around in the early days of covid? I was an avid poster in those days, bemoaning all the restrictions they had going at the time. Boy, did I get into some heated debates in those days. Even in April/May of 2020, I was a hard-core anti-masker / zero restrictions, which was a lonely position to take at the time. Thank the heavens it's not like that now!

As far as I've been concerned - covid's been over for a long, long time. My last date with covid is never, and I'm now 15 months out from my last shot. Like I have from April of 2020, I have not been taking any precautions against covid. I've gotten a couple chest colds, a sinus infection and a sore throat in the past three years - each time I tested, it's all been negative. At this point, it's probably safe to say that the covid virus just doesn't like me.

The main thing I'm looking for now is a sense of closure. Covid just isn't talked about on the news anymore- sure, people get it, but it's nothing more than a simple cold for most. Few people wear masks, and only medical places even require them these days. America, at least, has moved on from covid. I just wish they'd make it official, perhaps have a "Covid Freedom Day" so everyone can celebrate the end of this three-year ordeal.

Then we can all just read about covid in the history books - where it belongs.

Old 01-27-2023, 04:14 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,216,461 times
Is there any data or info on natural resistance not brought on by infection from Covid? I'm asking because my two siblings and I never caught Covid although all three of our spouses did. My 97 year old mother in a nursing home never caught it even when many around her including her roommate did. Could there be some sort of reason for this other than coincidence?

Old 01-27-2023, 06:14 AM

26,721 posts, read 26,793,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
As far as I've been concerned - covid's been over for a long, long time.
Wow; where do you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Covid just isn't talked about on the news anymore- sure, people get it, but it's nothing more than a simple cold for most.
I have yet to meet one person IRL for whom COVID-19 was "just a cold." But there are so many of them on the Internet.

Old 01-27-2023, 06:32 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,171,554 times
If you've not seen it watch the Project Veritas story with Pfizer executive Jordon Trishton Walker, Pfizer’s Director of Research and Development, Strategic Operations – mRNA Scientific Planner, talking about the pharmaceutical company engineering new COVID strains via a process of modifying the virus called “directed evolution.”

It's on Twitter if you want to take the time.

Old 01-27-2023, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If you've not seen it watch the Project Veritas story with Pfizer executive Jordon Trishton Walker, Pfizer’s Director of Research and Development, Strategic Operations – mRNA Scientific Planner, talking about the pharmaceutical company engineering new COVID strains via a process of modifying the virus called “directed evolution.”

It's on Twitter if you want to take the time.
"It's worth noting that Project Veritas, which describes itself as a "journalism enterprise", is a controversial organization that has previously produced investigations subsequently labeled as false or unevidenced by fact-checkers and other media.

...the video clip does not provide the information for us to be certain.

Another issue is that we do not have the full raw footage to assess whether the subject of the conversation changed or the terms it was couched in.

Newsweek has asked Project Veritas for this footage and a full transcript of the conversation and contacted Pfizer about the interviewee and details of any of the experiments described or inferred.

Whatever the authenticity of the video or the factuality of its content, some of the comments shared online in response to it are misleading characterizations of what it shows."

https://www.newsweek.com/project-ver...-check-1776845

Old 01-27-2023, 07:06 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Is there any data or info on natural resistance not brought on by infection from Covid? I'm asking because my two siblings and I never caught Covid although all three of our spouses did. My 97 year old mother in a nursing home never caught it even when many around her including her roommate did. Could there be some sort of reason for this other than coincidence?
Good question, and yes.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41590-021-01030-z

Old 01-27-2023, 07:54 AM

9,852 posts, read 7,722,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Wow; where do you live?

I have yet to meet one person IRL for whom COVID-19 was "just a cold." But there are so many of them on the Internet.
How can you say such a thing when you know that many covid cases were asymptomatic - no symptoms at all? In fact, you may have had covid yourself and not even known it.

Most people I know had "less than a cold" covid, including myself.

And yes, covid has been "over" in terms of restrictions or impact on most daily lives in our area of the south for more than 2 years.

Old 01-27-2023, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
How can you say such a thing when you know that many covid cases were asymptomatic - no symptoms at all? In fact, you may have had covid yourself and not even known it.

Most people I know had "less than a cold" covid, including myself.
But as I stated, I don't know anyone who did. That's how I "could say such a thing."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
And yes, covid has been "over" in terms of restrictions or impact on most daily lives in our area of the south for more than 2 years.
WASHINGTON — Three years after the United States logged its first case of COVID-19, the pandemic has slipped off the front pages and seemingly out of public consciousness.

Kids are back in schoolrooms, office workers are returning to offices, restaurants and bars are crowded. Most Americans have given up wearing masks, if they ever did, even in crowded indoor spaces.

But the pandemic isn't over. We're just pretending it is.

Over the last two months, the federal government has reported an average of about 450 deaths from COVID every day. That’s far below the toll during last winter’s killer surge but still adds up to more than 3,000 dead each week.

https://www.postbulletin.com/opinion...wont-cooperate

Old 01-27-2023, 09:55 AM

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Wow; where do you live?

The virus has morphed much less lethal or severe over the past 3 years..2020, 2021 and 2022
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness