Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2023, 03:38 AM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-C View Post
I've found that a good romp before bedtime does wonders..just sayin'..
Them days are over for me. Never in the moon anymore or think about it. Sure saves me lots of money...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2023, 04:11 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,389,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
First of all, Xanax isn't a sleeping pill.
It is not. However, I do use it occasionally at night. It helps shut off the brain so one can fall asleep. I only take a half or quarter of the pill.

Old 10-28-2023, 05:18 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
There's nothing wrong with Xanax... if you have discipline and don't start taking it everyday. I've had a prescription for over 25 years, and there are times I'll go months without taking any at all. Personally I use it for anxiety induced IBS.

Another idea is to go to a good vape shop and get yourself some delta 8 gummies. I like 3 Chi and Area 52. Stay away from the gas station stuff.

Old 10-28-2023, 05:24 AM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I have not taken a nap for more than 30 mins since last July when i found a Xanax under the stove when i moved it out. No wonder my sister called them magic. I cut in three pieces and had a nice 3 hour nap.

The pills ran out last Oct. My sister had a bunch when she passed away in Sept of 2019. They lasted a long time since i only take one piece on a Sat and another on a Sun.

My other Doc would not give me any. I gotta go to Walgreens and get em Sun. Ever since i stopped smoking my sleep went to hell as i am way too wired up and wound up and feel like i am gonna blow up all the time. Only time i really get tired is around 830pm and crash and burn around 915pm and go right to sleep and wake up around 2 or 3am all amped up and ready to go.

Should have never stopped smoking as it ruined me.
Long term use can possibly cause dementia. I took it when I was going through cancer treatment. I got off it after because of the risks. I have a lot of trouble sleeping. I have had some success with Lunesta but it constipates you and it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Best not to take it every night. I sometimes take .25 mg of Xanax but I don't sleep well with it. I have more nightmares. Lunesta seems to shut down your brain.

Old 10-28-2023, 05:30 AM

5,452 posts, read 4,054,839 times
I've tried Xanax for sleep, felt like a zombie the next day. Got up and staggered all over the place. No thanks. Valium works great for me, no hangover, but I rarely take it. I prefer to use melatonin.

Old 10-28-2023, 06:05 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,976,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I've tried Xanax for sleep, felt like a zombie the next day. Got up and staggered all over the place. No thanks.
That was my experience with Trazadone, Elavil, Doxepin and other prescriptions for sleep (staying away from the hypnotics like Ambien and Lunesta). Ambien actually works great for me, but - for whatever reason - I always thought it should be used sparingly. Ultimately, if you need something to make you fall asleep, you're better off using it than going without sleep. I think chronic sleep-deprivation is ALSO apt to cause dementia!

Magnesium is also said to be helpful, but buy the one for insomnia and not the one for constipation.

Can anyone else weigh in on what works for them CBD-wise? I'm totally clueless; never visited a vape shop.

Old 10-28-2023, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Long term use can possibly cause dementia. I took it when I was going through cancer treatment. I got off it after because of the risks. I have a lot of trouble sleeping. I have had some success with Lunesta but it constipates you and it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Best not to take it every night. I sometimes take .25 mg of Xanax but I don't sleep well with it. I have more nightmares. Lunesta seems to shut down your brain.
I am only taking a piece of it on a Sat and Sun at 11 am for a long napster. I don't take it at nite or every day.

Old 10-28-2023, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I've tried Xanax for sleep, felt like a zombie the next day. Got up and staggered all over the place. No thanks. Valium works great for me, no hangover, but I rarely take it. I prefer to use melatonin.
Only side effect i notice is when i take it on a Sat and Sun it hits hard again around 7pm and i fight to stay awake past 8pm.

Old 10-28-2023, 04:23 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
NOBODY should take a long nap!! No more than 20 mins. or so mid-afternoon.

Old 10-28-2023, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
NOBODY should take a long nap!! No more than 20 mins. or so mid-afternoon.
Long naps are good. Like to take a nap where i never wake up and join all who left me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness