Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2023, 07:19 PM

1,824 posts, read 794,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
My sis was on many hard pills for 30 years or more. Roxy's, Xanax, Oxy's and amitriptyline. I took a tiny bit of that Amitriptyline and it took to me a dark place and i felt knocked out for a day. I still have all her pills incase i wanna end it. I would think a gun and the pills should be fail proof.
Yeah, the brand name for amitriptyline is Elavil, another tricyclic antidepressant like trazodone, horrible stuff, now being pawned off as a “sleep aid”. No.

I’m curious if your Dr. will prescribe again. The laws are now only one fill of 30 max with no refills, have to go back & request another prescription & hope you will be given one. I’m pretty sure it’s a federal law, so same in all states (I think).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2023, 10:59 PM

37,592 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
I pulled it to clean it and the floor and found gold bra.
You found a gold bra??

Old 10-31-2023, 12:12 AM

7,485 posts, read 3,219,325 times
Quote:
My sis was on many hard pills for 30 years or more. Roxy's, Xanax, Oxy's and amitriptyline. I took a tiny bit of that Amitriptyline and it took to me a dark place and i felt knocked out for a day. I still have all her pills incase i wanna end it. I would think a gun and the pills should be fail proof.

988 is the National Suicide Hotline. You can even Text 988 and Text Chat with a crisis counselor.

Get into counseling. It takes trial and error sometimes to find someone that suits you. It can take years to work through your problems, but, it's worth it. If you hang on life always turns up again. Everyone goes through ups and downs. Life is work.

Old 10-31-2023, 04:52 AM

30,400 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
Yeah, the brand name for amitriptyline is Elavil, another tricyclic antidepressant like trazodone, horrible stuff, now being pawned off as a “sleep aid”. No.

I’m curious if your Dr. will prescribe again. The laws are now only one fill of 30 max with no refills, have to go back & request another prescription & hope you will be given one. I’m pretty sure it’s a federal law, so same in all states (I think).
I guess he will. 30 will last a few months.

Old 10-31-2023, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
988 is the National Suicide Hotline. You can even Text 988 and Text Chat with a crisis counselor.

Get into counseling. It takes trial and error sometimes to find someone that suits you. It can take years to work through your problems, but, it's worth it. If you hang on life always turns up again. Everyone goes through ups and downs. Life is work.
I am fine until i start to get sick and have pain or run out of money. I am a 100% at this time.

Old 10-31-2023, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You found a gold bra??
It was a bar bra.

Old 10-31-2023, 09:28 AM

1,100 posts, read 430,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
First of all, Xanax isn't a sleeping pill.
Yes it is, or it's one of the uses if the doctor prescribes it that way. I've been using it for years.

Quote:
Second, you might want to think twice about taking medication forever instead of trying to resolve the root problem.
Who cares? Xanax is a miracle drug. My BP used to always be high and now it NEVER is anymore because xanax makes me calm. I used to lie awake for nights at a time unable to sleep, it wasn't pleasant. My doctor said I'm the worst insomniac she's ever seen.

I know so many people on benzos... as long as people aren't using them to get high I personally see zero issue. Like I said, xanax is a miracle drug. It works wonders for anxiety, too.

Old 10-31-2023, 10:21 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrmantraut View Post
Yes it is, or it's one of the uses if the doctor prescribes it that way. I've been using it for years.

Who cares? Xanax is a miracle drug. My BP used to always be high and now it NEVER is anymore because xanax makes me calm. I used to lie awake for nights at a time unable to sleep, it wasn't pleasant. My doctor said I'm the worst insomniac she's ever seen.

I know so many people on benzos... as long as people aren't using them to get high I personally see zero issue. Like I said, xanax is a miracle drug. It works wonders for anxiety, too.
I agree with you about the xanax although I take Klonopin which is similar. After years and years of worsening insomnia that prevented me from holding down a full time job, prevented me from having much of a social life, made me miserable, a doctor about ten years ago finally let me have Klonopin. I take it every night and then take "a Klonopin vacation." The vacation means I stay off for a day or two. No ill effects for me and I get through those few nights by taking gabapentin. Then I start the Klonopin again.

Of course they didn't let me take this medicine when I was working so my life was kind of a mess. Trazadone did nothing but make me dizzy and other "sleeping pills" did nothing, including melatonin. But after I'd been retired for a few years a doctor finally decided that I was no risk and gave me Klonopin and finally I could go out and volunteer and even have somewhat of a social life.

When I moved to another state, I went through a few drs until I found a nice, understanding dr who said prescribes Klonopin for me. The first dr I found in this state was furious that I was on Klonopin and put me through the whold Trazadone, etc. etc. etc. ordeal all over again. She even called my former doctor who had put me on Klonopin to give him a piece of her mind!

My former dr was a distinguished and well experienced geriatrician from Spain and this new dr was a first year MD. So guess who won that battle! But I was so disgusted with this young doctor who was very inexperienced and someone disrespectful (she even said no one in American is deficient in magnesium!!!) that I went to the dr I see now.

So I still take Klonopin and probably always will have to take it. I'd rather take nothing but I've tried every supplement, tried exercise, meditation, special teas, and I refuse to drink alcohol to get to sleep. Every single one of us is different. It's obvious that what works for one doesn't work for another.

As for the OP of this thread, it sounds like you have depression. Insomnia can also be a sign of depression. If you can get counseling, you'll become a stronger person and you'll be able to cope a lot more easily and probably not even need the pills. You'll take a nap on your own without pills when you feel like it! You mention loss, well loss is very difficult and will make most people depressed. You've coped so far but the better choice would be to get some counseling.

Old 10-31-2023, 11:45 AM

333 posts, read 153,016 times
Quote:
First of all, Xanax isn't a sleeping pill.
My physician prescribed me Xanax as an occasional sleep aid, and it is quite effective.

Old 10-31-2023, 12:35 PM

36,412 posts, read 16,020,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickIlhenney View Post
My physician prescribed me Xanax as an occasional sleep aid, and it is quite effective.
Same here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness