Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 09:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,855 times

Advertisements

I am thankful for knowing that there are others that is dealing with the same problem I am having. I have a constant throbbing and pulse beat in my left ear. This is very annoying and un comfortable. Sometimes I will squeeze the back of my next and it would stop but when I move my hand, it's still there. I tried moving my next around and it would help but only for a second. I went to see a ENT and he wanted me to get a CT scan but couldn't afford it so I've been dealing with this and now the throbbing, heartbeat sounds, and clogging feel in my left hear has gotten worse and it makes you want to snatch your ear off. This is a big issue and there needs to be some type of cure for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 02:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,782 times
TO EVERYONE WITH THIS ISSUE< GO SEE A CHIROPRACTOR!!!! It means that you have a nerve that is being pinched and it is your body telling you that something is wrong. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. I am nurse. I was injured on the job and instead of doing the typical pain medication regimen, which they immediately put me on, i did PHYSICAL THERAPY and CHIRO. I would swell up from every major joint. Knees, elbows, wrist, fingers, ankles, toes, hips. It was super painful, i couldn't even walk. The MD's immediately RX arthritis medication and sent me to a rheumatologist . All my labs came back negative, but my primary was still not convinced. But the only thing he could do for me was give me medication or referrals. So i started to inquire about chiropractic services. 2 weeks later i was walking again without pain and now go for prevention once every 2 weeks. I feel better then ever! sometimes i flare up and have issues like the one at hand with the ear ache, but i go to my chirps office and he fixes it right up. I am a firm believer in that most issues that are caused by the central nervous system can be adjusted through spine adjustments. I am living proof! Hopes this helps you guys out

Old 07-18-2015, 08:35 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,033 times
I know this thread is several years old but I want to tell you that I was diagnosed with stapedial myoclonus tensor tympani syndrome earlier this year by a Neurotologist. I went to an internist, an ENT and none of them knew what this maddening THUMP THUMP THUMP was in my left ear - which was waking me up almost every night and would last for hours.

It is a very RARE CONDITION that is brought on by stress (combat soldiers can suffer from it too as a result of loud explosions). There are 2 tendons in your middle ear - stepdial and tensor tympani. When they spasm, they cause a bone to hit your eardrum, and it sounds like a drum beating in your ear.

Xananx did very little to relive the symptoms and I thought I was going to go crazy until I found an amazing Neurotologist. These doctors are not easy to come by - usually only found in big cities and near teaching medical universities.

I had surgery to cut the tendons.

Leading up to the surgery, my Doctor prescribed Klonopin and it worked. But I did not want to be on muscle relaxer for the rest of my life.

Old 12-23-2015, 05:34 AM

4 posts, read 4,941 times
I do not know what to do so here I am. I have pulsating consistent heart throb/beat in my left ear. No pain but the throb beat is loud-I have clean ears never any wax -in fact rare to find any-also had a out of the blue vertigo few years back one time that sent me to emergency rm. and received pills for it and it went away.

Old 02-25-2016, 03:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,165 times
It's no nice to know I'm not alone. I've had this issue forever and my dr looks at me like I'm nuts, when Ive tried explaining. There are times when even using the mouse will cause the issues. It's crazy! Thank you for making me feel like I'm not nuts.

Old 08-25-2016, 10:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,865 times
I strongly recommend everyone with this problem rule out that it isn't a trigger point! Go on Amazon, and search for "The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook" by Clair Davies. It shouldn't cost more than $20.

Read the introduction thoroughly to understand what the problem could be before going to the section covering ear pain; I was able to stop my left ear pressure throbbing within about 30 minutes of targeted massage on the pterygoid muscles and my sternocleidomastoid. I'm not saying it will solve everyone's problems - but the cost of trying it out is minimal and if it works your lives will be changed.

Best of luck to everyone!

Old 08-26-2016, 10:01 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,848,721 times
It could be tinnitus

Old 10-06-2016, 03:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,781 times
Did you ever find the problem or fix it?
I'm having exactly what you're having.
No pain but throbbing in my left ear that is really starting to bother me don't know what to do about it.

Old 01-01-2017, 09:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,633 times
Unhappy southerns8

l also get the ringing and throbbing in both ears. It drives me crazy..
Stress also seems to bring it on and when l move it will also start to throb.
If l'm stressing l try to bring my stress level down and the throbbing slows down with my stress level, but won't necessarily stop..
l wish l knew how to stop this as it is pretty loud and can also interfer with my thoughts...

Old 01-25-2017, 11:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,554 times
So I have pounding in my ears when I start moving around. What do they do for it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness