Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2009, 06:53 PM

804 posts, read 1,964,331 times

Advertisements

I've learned from my own health changes that GMOs (genetically modified foods) are not so great. Not to mention, more widespread than most realize.

Home - Seeds of Deception
Beware of the Coming Food Apocalypse! GMOs : Target

Then there are many food additives... MSG, aspartame, gluten fillers, and so on. Removing these from my diet eliminated quite a few annoying symptoms, but it is tricky. They are often listed with cryptic names in the ingredients ("autolyzed yeast" and so on). Some people are able to consume these without problems, but some people are affected.

Could MSG Sensitivity Affect You?
Front Porch Productions asks if migraines, fibromyalgia, or stomach problems are caused by MSG (monosodium glutamate) or aspartame.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 08:07 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,047,044 times
Cool Read the labels......

I try to avoid processed food When I do consume any product with a label, I read the entire label and absolutely DO NOT purchase any product with MSG (by any of its many names) or aspertame, high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, and all those other zillion addatives which can not contribute to optimal health! A carrot does not need a label, nor does an apple

I do not patronize the deli section of the supermarket because I don't know how the food was prepared

IMHO we control our own health and wellness by our lifestyle and what we eat; with the exception of heredity and viruses and if you have a healthy immune system you have a better chance to recover from invading disease

Old 05-15-2009, 08:41 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,492,142 times
Without GE (Genetically engineer) Food, MILLIONS of people would die.
We are lucky that we live in the US, but the rest doesn't have a choice.
We need GE.
MSG and aspartame has nothing to do with GE.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:09 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,980,333 times
Eat food that is in its most natural form, avoid eating chemicals, and you should be okay. There is a way to tell if produce at the grocery store is genetically modified... I want to say that if the PLU is five digits but it's not organic, it's GMO. Regular produce has 4 digit PLUs.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
Eat food that is in its most natural form, avoid eating chemicals, and you should be okay. There is a way to tell if produce at the grocery store is genetically modified... I want to say that if the PLU is five digits but it's not organic, it's GMO. Regular produce has 4 digit PLUs.
Five digits that start with 9 are organic,
Five digits that start with 8 are GE/GM

Old 05-16-2009, 12:37 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,701,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
We are lucky that we live in the US, but the rest doesn't have a choice.
We need GE.
MSG and aspartame has nothing to do with GE.

We are so lucky! What would we ever do w/out Monsanto and the wonderful experiments, factory farming and abuse of power..lol...I quiver at the thought! Lucky enough for us we have the best bought and sold government in the world and live in the greediest country also! Africa, a nation with starving ppl doesn't even what these GM foods..what does that tell you?

Now, on topic..... Keep the damn GE away from regular crops. Monsanto is tainiting the whole food supply with these franken foods. Isolate a labrotory somewhere to grow these foods this way ppl like myself who want no part of consuming them don't have to.

You say I have a choice? The scum at Monsanto are trying there absolute hardest to make sure I don't.. They want GM foods not to be labeled as such at that includes organics. Are they kidding? Fortunately we are so lucky we should not dare question the powers that be at Monsanto. GM is safe because they said so...lmao.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:28 AM

804 posts, read 1,964,331 times
Default Too much TV

Quote:
We need GE.
Says who? The wonderful sales people who work for those manufacturers? Or the misinformation shoved in our faces to convince people to accept this? There are numerous research studies showing the negative effects of GM foods. They come with a price. Our bodies are not designed to digest and metabolize synthetic proteins and amino acids. One doesn't need a degree in biophysics or nutritional toxicology, I switched and the difference to my body was all the convincing needed.

Remember all those commercials of "starving kids in Africa" with distended abdomens? People who are starving get thin, they do not swell up. That's intestinal inflammation (enterocolitis) triggered by genetically modified grains from here.

Quote:
MSG and aspartame have nothing to do with GE.
Correct, they are not related, just bad for us.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:02 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,980,333 times
Quote:
Five digits that start with 9 are organic,
Five digits that start with 8 are GE/GM
Thank you, that's what I was referring to.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
We are so lucky! What would we ever do w/out Monsanto and the wonderful experiments, factory farming and abuse of power..lol...I quiver at the thought! Lucky enough for us we have the best bought and sold government in the world and live in the greediest country also! Africa, a nation with starving ppl doesn't even what these GM foods..what does that tell you?
You are lucky because you have a choice in what you eat, you are lucky because you can go to a supermarket and pick what you want to eat (Organic, natural, or GE) while most people on the planet can't.
So, YES you are lucky. This GE food have saved billions of people in Mexico and India. If you want more information do a little search on Norman Ernest Borlaug.
More information:
Technology That Will Save Billions From Starvation

Quote:
Now, on topic..... Keep the damn GE away from regular crops. Monsanto is tainiting the whole food supply with these franken foods. Isolate a labrotory somewhere to grow these foods this way ppl like myself who want no part of consuming them don't have to.
Almost 70% of all crops in the US are already GE, sooner or later it would be 90%.

Quote:
You say I have a choice? The scum at Monsanto are trying there absolute hardest to make sure I don't.. They want GM foods not to be labeled as such at that includes organics. Are they kidding? Fortunately we are so lucky we should not dare question the powers that be at Monsanto. GM is safe because they said so...lmao.
Monsanto is a great company trying to better our food and trying to solve a lot of our problems (over population and better quality of food).
And GM is not something new, or something strange to call it "franken".

Old 05-16-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore07 View Post
Says who? The wonderful sales people who work for those manufacturers? Or the misinformation shoved in our faces to convince people to accept this? There are numerous research studies showing the negative effects of GM foods.
show me one...
Every single National Organization, WHO, UN, etc. And almost all governments.
Earth can only feed about 6 billions of people not 8.

Quote:
They come with a price. Our bodies are not designed to digest and metabolize synthetic proteins and amino acids.
This shows that you don't know what you are talking about, there is not synthetic nothing.

Quote:
One doesn't need a degree in biophysics or nutritional toxicology, I switched and the difference to my body was all the convincing needed.
Your body doesnt know the difference since GM is natural and normal, they are just crossing different crops of the same kind (Like crossing dogs, that happens every day in life.)

Quote:
Remember all those commercials of "starving kids in Africa" with distended abdomens? People who are starving get thin, they do not swell up.
Incredible the ignorance, they have distended abdomens because of worms(parasites). Get educated.

Quote:
That's intestinal inflammation (enterocolitis) triggered by genetically modified grains from here.
OMG, where is your evidence, and why we don't see it here?

Quote:
Correct, they are not related, just bad for us.
Ignorance is bliss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness