Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 08:54 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,049 times

Advertisements

yes But those that support the use of marijuana...have been on both sides in most cases. Those that oppose it have probably never tried it or they tried it and used it wrong and something "bad" happened.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:05 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,649,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
yes But those that support the use of marijuana...have been on both sides in most cases. Those that oppose it have probably never tried it or they tried it and used it wrong and something "bad" happened.
Use it wrong? I'm not familiar with that.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:14 PM

some people may have used it with the assistance to other substances like alcohal or other drugs...ot there person growing it could have not rinsed the soil and drained all the chemicals used to grow it. Smoking marijuana that still has fertilizer in it can cause other effects.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
some people may have used it with the assistance to other substances like alcohal or other drugs...ot there person growing it could have not rinsed the soil and drained all the chemicals used to grow it. Smoking marijuana that still has fertilizer in it can cause other effects.
I get it. But I don't know anyone that has experienced that problem.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:26 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
I don't wish to advocate the use of pot, but I do believe some things are blown out of proportion. Perhaps you are of the mindset that all pot smokers are like Cheech & Chong in their 1978 movie, "Up in Smoke".
I think you stereotype and prejudice me as being a fairly extreme anti pot person, which is not even close to true even from comments in this thread. I think it can be used responsibly and is not a big deal...even legalizing it is not a bad idea. However, from the comments so far I think the OP is indulging a bit too much.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
I think you stereotype and prejudice me as being a fairly extreme anti pot person, which is not even close to true even from comments in this thread. I think it can be used responsibly and is not a big deal...even legalizing it is not a bad idea. However, from the comments so far I think the OP is indulging a bit too much.
No, I don't think I did. I'm sorry if you took it that way.

And I recognize that you have a right to your opinion.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
I get it. But I don't know anyone that has experienced that problem.
unfortunately I do...

Old 06-23-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
unfortunately I do...
Then someone was not acting responsibly.

The only problem I have ever heard is when the smoke is a little strong. In this case drinking a coke or some juice is helpful. Other than that, I have not heard of any problems.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:36 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,494,404 times
Quote:
The truth is...they wont get a bite...if they legalize it...who is going to buy it from the government and get taxed when they could grow it or buy it for less and get better and stronger THC count?
Pharmaceutical can produce a far better THC compared to any home made lab. Also you don't buy drugs form the government.

Quote:
That is why they dont want it legal.
If you say so.

Quote:
here is the best source: Myths and Facts About Marijuana
From your link:
"Moderate smoking of marijuana appears to pose minimal danger to the lungs. Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke contains a number of irritants and carcinogens."

Quote:
Brain Cancer treatment:
Active Ingredient in Marijuana Kills Brain Cancer Cells - Forbes.com (http://www.forbes.com/feeds/hscout/2009/04/01/hscout625697.html - broken link)
This is THC, and not marijuana, is like saying that nicotine is kills cancer cell that doesn't mean cigarettes are good for you.
Again, we are talking about marijuana or THC, there is a difference, THC is not necessarily harmful but marijuana is. THC can be produce by pharma, and make money, while marijuana would be illegal.

Same, they are talking about THC and not specifically talking about marijuana.

Talking about same report as above,

Same report as above.

Test done on THC and not on marijuana.
Same THC.
Same.
From the link:
"Tashkin said, previous studies found that marijuana tar has 50 percent higher concentrations of chemicals linked to cancer than tobacco cigarette tar."
Also studies on rats have shown that it actually does cause cancer, but in his study he couldn't prove it.

Talking about above research.
from link: "He says his conclusions differ from another study reported recently."
Meaning other study have shown that it there is a connection.
"Use of all substances -- tobacco, alcohol, and marijuana -- was common among both cancer patients and controls, he says."

Also from the link above:
"While this study suggests that marijuana has no link to head, neck, and lung cancer, a multicenter study released in March at an American Heart Association meeting linked marijuana use to increased risk of heart attacks. Murray A. Mittleman, MD, PhD, director of cardiovascular epidemiology at Beth Israel-Deaconess Hospital in Boston, told WebMD that marijuana smokers experience a 4.8-fold increase in the relative risk of heart attack during the first hour after smoking."

From link above:
"The researchers found only a "very small" impairment in memory and learning among long-term marijuana users. "
Small but still there.

This has both research stating yes and no.
Did you even read any of this?

Not a real source of information.

Quote:

MARIJUANA MYTHS (http://www.drugtext.org/sub/marmyt1.html - broken link)
but
"Smoked marijuana contains about the same amount of carcinogens as does an equivalent amount of tobacco."

Quote:
I have done my research...on both sides. I know how to tell when there is an agenda behind a study...
Really many of your links are pro marijuana sites and not neutral.

Quote:
Also...there are reason why most dont want it legal and produce studies that claim its bad for such and such reasons...
Also there are reason why making legal also, same statement goes both way.

Quote:

The truth behind this is that no one could patent it...and no one could control it.
So no one can patent most drugs, but still big pharma makes them.
Patents only last for 7 years.

Quote:
there is no money in a cure or cheap medicine...and that is exactly what Marijuana is.
Really so what do you call vaccines?? cheap and it cures you(or rather makes you immune to it. )

Quote:
only the female plants bear the flower that you smoke. marijuana or hemp is also a great resource...it would make cutting trees down no longer needed...
Please... that just doesn't make any sense.

Quote:
hemp can be used in over 25000 products...such products inclide the following that would cause a big business to lose money...
Again, not making any sense.

Quote:

medicine- multiple uses
Clothing
Paper
fuel
ink
nutrition
food
body care
rope
paint
building materials

Hemp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Just like hemp is cheap other products are also cheap.
and Hemp is nor necessarily cheaper.

Wiki is not a good source of information but still,
LOOK:
In comparison, study on cannabis vaporizing found that subjects were "only 40% as likely to report respiratory symptoms as users who do not vaporize, even when age, sex, cigarette use, and amount of cannabis consumed are controlled."

So it helps, but still causes respiratory problems.

Also:
"A 2007 study by the Canadian government found cannabis smoke contained more toxic substances than tobacco smoke"

"The study determined that marijuana smoke contained 20 times more ammonia, and five times more hydrogen cyanide and nitrogen oxides than tobacco smoke."
Great STUFF...

"Cannabis use has been assessed by several studies to be correlated with the development of anxiety, psychosis, and depression"

"Though some fMRI studies have shown changes in neurological function in long term heavy cannabis users, no long term behavioral effects after abstinence have been linked to these changes."

Quote:

the only reason it isnt legal is purely money...people will lose money. while others cash in on the crop...
Sure, the Government would actually make money, they would spend less money on drug enforcement and on prisons.
Also government doesn't make any profit from any drug. So they don't really care about making money.

This is a blog from someone, not scientific data or reliable source.

Not a reliable source.

not a reliable source.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:39 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,494,404 times
Quote:
one thing I have noticed about topics like these...is that the side that is against it is always from an outside looking in view...they have never tried it and have a bias opinion on people who use it
You are wrong, I used to smoke, up until a few years back (2).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness