U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-11-2007, 01:42 PM
 
449 posts, read 1,080,271 times
Reputation: 767

Advertisements

oops weakness!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-11-2007, 01:49 PM
 
449 posts, read 1,080,271 times
Reputation: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis s View Post
This sounds to me like an environmental problem. Does the problem occur on weekends when you are not at work?
New paint, office furniture or carpet contain chemicals that will cause the symptoms you mentioned as will emissions from computers and other electronics.
You may be one of the millions of people that have these reactions. I suggest that you make sure there is good ventilation around your work area and get fresh air as often as possible.
What kind of environment do you work in? This might help us find the answer.
hmm. well I've worked in many offices and not experienced the nausea. Currently I am working in a large "home improvement" store/warehouse. I do the ordering for flooring and hardware (don't laugh, I know not very glamorous). So I guess I'm exposed to paint,dust, in the air, although I don't touch these items-although I am in front of a computer ALL DAY at work-could that be an issue?? Oh, and no I don't usually experience on the weekends when I'm off Thanks for your response
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2007, 01:53 PM
 
449 posts, read 1,080,271 times
Reputation: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorann View Post
It may also be related to your blood sugar levels. I'd have the doc run some blood tests on you to also check your hormone levels. I hope you get some relief soon.
I will get my sugar checked! Good idea, now I just need to find a doctor and make that appointment
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2007, 02:02 PM
 
449 posts, read 1,080,271 times
Reputation: 767
JhlComp-
I'm not taking diet pills, been a long time since i've done that. Do you remember Omnutrition?? Is that still around?? Well it has ephedrine in it, and I had a bad experience with it (it's powder form, use mix it with water tastes like tea). Sorry off topic.
Don't think I've heard of vasal vagel. I have heard of Gerd-is that acid reflux related?? Hoping it's something minor-thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2007, 02:11 PM
 
449 posts, read 1,080,271 times
Reputation: 767
Chele, I hope your doctor's appointment goes well & it's nothing serious. Does the phenergan work well?? You know I Never considered ulcers! My dad has bleeding ulcers Geez, I hope he didn't pass that on to me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2007, 02:40 PM
 
Location: PALM BEACH, FL.
607 posts, read 3,434,298 times
Reputation: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensen beach gal View Post
hmm. well I've worked in many offices and not experienced the nausea. Currently I am working in a large "home improvement" store/warehouse. I do the ordering for flooring and hardware (don't laugh, I know not very glamorous). So I guess I'm exposed to paint,dust, in the air, although I don't touch these items-although I am in front of a computer ALL DAY at work-could that be an issue?? Oh, and no I don't usually experience on the weekends when I'm off Thanks for your response
There is your answer. The pressure treated lumber which in most cases is stored indoors is very poisonous and emanates very dangerous gasses throughout the store. Another possible contributor to your problems is pesticides which are also inside the store. If paint is being pigmented and mixed in the store this could also be a factor. The A/C or heating systems distribute these deadly nerve toxins throughout the entire building including your office.
Your dizziness is probably caused by inhaling these toxic gases. These toxins, after inhaled go directly to your brain. This, depending on the chemical, will cause dizziness, headaches, nausea, tremors, disorientation and permanent brain damage over a period of time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2007, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Vero Beach, Fl
2,959 posts, read 12,760,393 times
Reputation: 2203
Default Bingo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensen beach gal View Post
JhlComp-
I'm not taking diet pills, been a long time since i've done that. Do you remember Omnutrition?? Is that still around?? Well it has ephedrine in it, and I had a bad experience with it (it's powder form, use mix it with water tastes like tea). Sorry off topic.
Don't think I've heard of vasal vagel. I have heard of Gerd-is that acid reflux related?? Hoping it's something minor-thanks!
Yes, yes - I was using a product with ephedrine when these episodes started. I didn't think too much of it and had already started to wean myself off of the pills. Then read all the problems. The doctor didn't make any remarks. I still wonder if it was the ephedrine.

Not that this is you, but it's interesting: Vasovagal Syncope (http://www.londoncardiac.ca/pages/vvs.htm - broken link)

Also, some women experience nausea if they are perimenopausal or manopausal. And yes, GERD is acid reflux, etc.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2007, 03:05 PM
 
Location: SW Kansas
1,787 posts, read 3,607,273 times
Reputation: 1421
I hadn't considered ulcers either, particularly since I have no symptoms! The Phenergan worked at first, then I got Reglan and it worked better. I keep both on hand since I never know when it will hit, and which one will work!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2007, 03:52 PM
 
449 posts, read 1,080,271 times
Reputation: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis s View Post
There is your answer. The pressure treated lumber which in most cases is stored indoors is very poisonous and emanates very dangerous gasses throughout the store. Another possible contributor to your problems is pesticides which are also inside the store. If paint is being pigmented and mixed in the store this could also be a factor. The A/C or heating systems distribute these deadly nerve toxins throughout the entire building including your office.
Your dizziness is probably caused by inhaling these toxic gases. These toxins, after inhaled go directly to your brain. This, depending on the chemical, will cause dizziness, headaches, nausea, tremors, disorientation and permanent brain damage over a period of time.
Oh no I hope that's not it, but it does sound very possible. pressure treated lumber-yes, paint mixed in the store-yes, pesticides, I believe are kept outside. Okay, I think I may need to consider employment elsewhere-but not until I use my 3 wks vacation and 80 hrs personal time! I should ask coworkers if they experience this. thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2007, 04:03 PM
 
449 posts, read 1,080,271 times
Reputation: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
Yes, yes - I was using a product with ephedrine when these episodes started. I didn't think too much of it and had already started to wean myself off of the pills. Then read all the problems. The doctor didn't make any remarks. I still wonder if it was the ephedrine.

Not that this is you, but it's interesting: Vasovagal Syncope (http://www.londoncardiac.ca/pages/vvs.htm - broken link)

Also, some women experience nausea if they are perimenopausal or manopausal. And yes, GERD is acid reflux, etc.
That link was interesting! However I'm sure I'm not perimenopausal or menopausal-yet
Ephedrine is bad news! I used to manage a rest in Fl, very stressful-the chef/owner was very volatile with the whole staff. Anyway, I was taking this ephedrine tea, 2-3 times a day and tossing back cappucinos and espressos! And following the atkins diet crazy! But i had a Mini stroke!!!!! Yes stroke-I was so shocked! I was only 34! There were-thank god-no residual effects. But the doctors were baffled, and could give me NO explanation. I suggested maybe it was the ephedrine, this was prior to all the warnings, and serious issues people were experiencing. They said at my age it just made no sense to them, I did go to a second doctor and he thought ephedrine may have been the culprit Didn't they take ephedrine off the market??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:34 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top