Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2016, 02:39 PM

2,218 posts, read 2,940,029 times

Advertisements

I have had to put away the remainder of my nice "breakables" and now only buy things that won't shatter when knocked to the floor! I was getting tired of the 2am parties that my cats were having that always resulted in a loud crash!

Someone needs to come out with an entire line of cat friendly decor.....I swear they would make millions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Cats are notorious for checking that theory of gravity. When one of my cats does that, I say to her, "Yup, the theory of gravity STILL works." But, she only knocks down papers, books & such from our kitchen table-which I am grateful for and not something that will break. I feel for you.

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 07:24 AM

154 posts, read 259,950 times
I need someone to take away my spray paint, I am painting everything I find! :-)

Old 10-13-2016, 07:42 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,357,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
I have had to put away the remainder of my nice "breakables" and now only buy things that won't shatter when knocked to the floor! I was getting tired of the 2am parties that my cats were having that always resulted in a loud crash!

Someone needs to come out with an entire line of cat friendly decor.....I swear they would make millions!

I'm glad I don't have anything too breakable around. They are usually well-behaved. But they also can sense when something is out that seems like a good thing to knock down, even if it's high up.

This week I bought a new toilet scrubber (exciting) and an ergonomic mat for the kitchen floor. What a nice difference the mat makes. My husband shall enjoy washing dishes henceforth! I wanted something funky and not plain and that's what I got.

Old 10-13-2016, 12:26 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymom View Post
I need someone to take away my spray paint, I am painting everything I find! :-)

As a kid, we rented a furnished house where the previous occupant (our landlord's mother) loved red spray paint-the kitchen chairs, the door, THE RADIO and other things all were the same color red. The radio just cracked us up. It was one of those small portable radio.

Cat

Old 10-14-2016, 09:06 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
I've been decorating for fall, which is always fun! Most of my stuff can go through Thanksgiving except for my front porch Halloween stuff and my candle holders on the mantel.
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-fall-buffet-2016.jpg   What are you working on now?-fall-table-2016.jpg   What are you working on now?-fall-halloween-tree-2016.jpg   What are you working on now?-fall-dining-room-2016.jpg   What are you working on now?-fall-hall-2016.jpg  

What are you working on now?-fall-ottoman-2016.jpg   What are you working on now?-fall-leaf-bird-2016.jpg   What are you working on now?-fall-vignette-2016.jpg   What are you working on now?-fall-vignette-2-2016.jpg   What are you working on now?-fall-porch-2016.jpg  

Old 10-14-2016, 09:53 AM

1,399 posts, read 1,799,822 times
Wall mounting my flatscreen, adding a power outlet behind it and running all of the media cable behind the drywall.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:26 AM

24,545 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Quote:

You are not alone. Just wait until the tree is up. We anchor it in the ceiling:>)

Cloches and terrariums make good housing for delicate items. Cork tiles, museum glue or plain ol' play dough keep things from sliding.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:39 AM

24,545 posts, read 10,869,900 times
After the incredible ice storms in Oklahoma winter 2015/2016 we are prepping (hopefully in vain!) amongst others with old fashioned shutters for all windows not covered by the covered pergola or the patio cover. One left to go and it will need to be hinged like plantation shutters as the opening is 90x80. SO did a very nice job with cedar and trim.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:32 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,585,020 times
Quote:

Same here! If it's not the cats it's the child...I've given up on having anything breakable out even in display hutches until both are out of the house.

Damn cat brought us a very large bird gift this morning and left it on our entry mat. Which is not black. Bird blood does NOT go with my decor...

Old 10-14-2016, 12:51 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,762,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I've been decorating for fall, which is always fun! Most of my stuff can go through Thanksgiving except for my front porch Halloween stuff and my candle holders on the mantel.
Love your decorations!

As far as my current project goes: (i) the new concrete for the garage and driveway has been poured, (ii) the new patio (stamped concrete) has been poured, (iii) the garage has been painted, (iv) the new garage floor coating has been sprayed, (v) 3/4 of the new garage cabinets and slat walls have been installed (manufacturer made some cabinets too tall and had to remake some, then I decided I needed a couple more slat walls) and (vi) outdoor kitchen island has been built and grill installed and (vii) the flagstone in the backyard has been removed and the new synthetic grass laid.

Started all this mid August. I am ready for this project to be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating