Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2021, 07:01 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,222,483 times

Advertisements

We have bad tasting city water, way over chlorinated so we purchased a fancy water filtration system. It was a total pain to install, but it's in now and the water is delicious. With as much water as we drink, it was a good investment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2021, 11:21 AM

10,094 posts, read 6,439,011 times
I've been putting curtains up (finally) in various rooms. I have to stand on top of the step ladder to drill the curtain rod holes, and it's hard to screw the hardware in. Fortunately my yard helper was here yesterday to mow the grass, and he finished up one side, then helped me shirr the two swags and valances on the really long curtain rod. I complemented him on his ability doing that, and he said his Mom had the same kind of lace curtains, lol.

I've also been driving myself nutz looking at samples of vinyl plank flooring for my upstairs bedroom. I have to get the gross old carpet removed and the steps painted and new flooring installed. I don't really use the bedroom but I have furniture for it and want it to look decent. I can't stand carpet and I don't want "stripey" wood-look flooring, so it's hard to find a flooring option that I like and will be budget appropriate.

Will also put in another new flower bed this coming weekend - this will be the 12th in 2.5 years.

Old 05-28-2021, 11:14 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,360,127 times
Finally cleared out the garage (post-basement work being done) and we can finally park the car in the garage again. Hurrah. We are the only people on our side of the street who actually do that.

Old 05-28-2021, 11:46 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,081,130 times
Good for you! Personally I hate seeing a bunch of cars outside. Practically every day someone posts a video from their ring camera of people checking for unlocked cars. It really encourages crime.

Old 05-28-2021, 12:40 PM

50,379 posts, read 64,007,408 times
All we seem to do lately is water the plants, so they don’t die before we ever get some rain. After we home from a trip in a few weeks, the kitchen backsplash is on the agenda.

Old 05-29-2021, 05:22 AM

417 posts, read 455,807 times
Finally today is raining and raining and raining so that's a relief for the plantings.
It's funny how so many people where we are as well use the garage for storage and the cars are always in the driveway. (We use our garages for car parking).

Old 05-29-2021, 09:13 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salonva View Post
Finally today is raining and raining and raining so that's a relief for the plantings.
It's funny how so many people where we are as well use the garage for storage and the cars are always in the driveway. (We use our garages for car parking).
I do too and don't understand those who don't but it's also fine by me. I just am not going to use my garage for (much) storage. I mean, I have a few things in there but that's just because I don't want to climb up the rickety ladder and put a few boxes in the attic! But they don't take up much room.

I also keep some yard tools in the garage. But always leaving plenty of room to park - which is why I have a garage anyway.

Old 05-29-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
All we seem to do lately is water the plants, so they don’t die before we ever get some rain. After we home from a trip in a few weeks, the kitchen backsplash is on the agenda.
I hear you about the rain. I think I have 2 places in the yard where the grass is just dead, dead dead. But I'm not going to replace it unless we see rain.

Old 05-29-2021, 09:32 AM

I still have a couple of projects on my plate but first up is moving DD to her own apartment for senior year.

Old 05-29-2021, 03:01 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,173,318 times
We got rid of an old china cabinet that has stood in our capacious hallway for several years. We moved a table into its place, but I hated how it looked. I finally figured out what I had hated about the old arrangement. We removed the tall, heavy lamps, moved the table back and rehung the Alaska art print I bought years ago. We put a handmade single lamp on the table under a simple oval mirror.

We reduced the visual clutter, and the new look makes me happy.

We will replace the 50 year old lamps in the guest room, with the newer tall lamps. Finally I will be rid of the lamps we bought in 1970. Some things just need to go after a while,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating