Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2019, 10:00 AM

18,473 posts, read 31,648,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsource View Post
I’ve never wanted a TV in the master bedroom. But . . . we had a 55” new Samsung that we weren’t watching in the great room. I do not like the look of a big black thing on my wall so designed a TV wall cabinet....it took us about 2 weeks to build with some trial and error. It’s above my dresser and turned out okay.

Since I’m retired it keeps me busy when I come up with these ideas!

HR

thats a great idea, and you did an excellent job, it looks really pretty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2019, 11:55 AM

66 posts, read 54,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOinGA View Post
I always struggle with floor versus table lamps and the right balance. There are so many pretty lamps. Funny story. I went to At Home and bought a new lampshade for one of my floor lamps. My adult daughter was sitting in my living room and suddenly said "I have that same lampshade." Out of all of the shades in At Home, we had both bought the same one.

My most recent project, finally completed, was to paint my 1980's oak china hutch. It looked so dated. I actually considered just getting rid of the top and using it as a credenza. Then I decided I had nothing to lose by trying to paint the whole thing (except time, so much time!). I really didn't want to give up the extra storage. Not only do I like it much better now, but I also think the white makes the leaded glass in the doors sparkle.....and I had thought that I was going to have to replace that flowered glass with plain glass, but now I don't think I will. I used General Finishes milk paint in antique white. The before picture is from when my house in GA was for sale. The after picture is here in TN.

Looks nice, much better in white!

Old 09-30-2019, 06:13 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,966 times
Quote:
I’ve never wanted a TV in the master bedroom. But . . . we had a 55” new Samsung that we weren’t watching in the great room. I do not like the look of a big black thing on my wall so designed a TV wall cabinet....it took us about 2 weeks to build with some trial and error. It’s above my dresser and turned out okay.

Since I’m retired it keeps me busy when I come up with these ideas!

HR
You designed that and made it yourself? Wow! I'm so impressed! That's just beautiful! I really love it.

Old 09-30-2019, 06:38 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
^, ugh, that sounds like a complete nightmare....

Today, I discovered a leak under my kitchen sink as the washer (portable washer) was going thru, seems the spray thing on the faucet isnt tight enough, water was dripping from there, I too, see a nightmare in my future....

I did the Halloween decorations today, even thought October hasn't gotten here yet......
I can't tell you how much I hate Suddenlink.

But about your leak - it may not be such a nightmare. HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL.

Old 09-30-2019, 06:44 PM

Today I bought a couple of outdoor rugs and put them out on the patio. I also bought a few scatter rugs - like for in front of doors inside. I mean, I like them but they're not all that exciting. I am really looking forward to the cocktail ottoman for our living room being delivered. Once that's delivered, we're basically done and I'll definitely post pictures!

Got our blinds delivered and installed today. I LOVE THEM.

Old 10-01-2019, 08:30 AM

215 posts, read 258,902 times
Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
You designed that and made it yourself? Wow! I'm so impressed! That's just beautiful! I really love it.
The metal tiles in the center of the door are from Hobby Lobby. They were my inspiration. I am fortunate that my husband doesn’t mind helping when I need his strength for help.

Next project is in the works!

HR

Old 10-01-2019, 08:36 AM

215 posts, read 258,902 times
Default Thank you too!

Quote:
thats a great idea, and you did an excellent job, it looks really pretty.
I didn’t have all of the woodworking tools I needed but used chisels and burr bits for mortising the hinges. Found them in our tool chest, inherited from my hubby’s grandfather. That was the trickiest part of the build!

HR

Old 10-01-2019, 11:30 AM

18,473 posts, read 31,648,692 times
Quote:
I didn’t have all of the woodworking tools I needed but used chisels and burr bits for mortising the hinges. Found them in our tool chest, inherited from my hubby’s grandfather. That was the trickiest part of the build!

HR

its fine, most of us done always have the proper tools to do a specific project, but we improvise and make up as we go along the way, and you still did a great job.

Old 10-01-2019, 06:46 PM

Befores and afters of projects today:

We added glass fronts to some cabinets in the kitchen. We also changed out wooden shelves and backs to the display shelves in the living room and added lights above, so now there's a lot more indirect lighting in that room. It's been a challenge because there are no outlets "floating" in the living room so all lamps must be along the wall, or we have to rely on overhead lighting which I hate. So between the wall lamp and these lights in these shelves, I think we're good to go!
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-kitchen-cabinets-1.jpg   What are you working on now?-kitchen-cabinets-glass.jpg   What are you working on now?-6-19-open-kitchen.jpg   What are you working on now?-mirrored-shelves-living-room-after.jpg   What are you working on now?-living-room-coming-together-10-19.jpg  

What are you working on now?-standing-lamp-living-room-10-19.jpg  

Old 10-02-2019, 05:31 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:
its fine, most of us done always have the proper tools to do a specific project, but we improvise and make up as we go along the way, and you still did a great job.
I think there’s a joke in there somewhere, about how men need the exact right tool for the purpose, but a woman just needs a kitchen knife or a high heeled shoe to do almost anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating