Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2019, 07:59 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Wow, I turn my back for a minute, and look what you go and do. I can’t wait to see the new place. You must be very excited!

I am a mixture of emotions. We got a call today from the mortgage company - just put the loan application in Tuesday, with all the paperwork, and this is their busiest time of the year, but we are already APPROVED! The appraisal was done Friday, so it will probably be in by Tuesday. We may be able to close earlier than the middle of September! OMG!!!!!!!

So anyway, I am excited, sad, nervous, happy, all that all at once. One thing I remembered, thank goodness - I had filed an extension on my mom's taxes (she passed away in January and I'm her executor) and I suddenly thought "I better take care of those!" because they are due in October and the last thing I want is to have THAT sort of pressure on me while I'm trying to move from one house to the next! So I was dreading all that, and I got out the checklist and opened the file - and BINGO - it was all right there. SUPER EASY, I think. So anyway, that's done, thank goodness. Or pretty much so.

Hey, get this - I am pretty proud of this. The loan officer called me today, on a Sunday, just to tell me that she had gotten the email that we were totally approved. She said, "Do you know how unusual it is to get a loan approved that quickly? You know why it was approved so quickly? It's because you got us all the documentation basically immediately." I said, "Well, I told you my professional background is banking and real estate - I know what you need!" And that's the truth.

But I still don't know how anyone gets them all the necessary documentation while they are working full time too. It took me ALL DAY TUESDAY, FROM 7 AM TILL 7 PM, to find, scan, and upload all the documentation it takes to get a mortgage loan now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 09:16 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,588,093 times
Finally had the time to install my transfer switch. I only ran into a small problem but was able to make it work. Peak season is sept so I feel pretty good to have that taken care of now.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:44 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,991,833 times
I took a break from city data for awhile, but I've been busy with house and building projects. We recently changed our daughter's room from it's nursery theme (trees) to Spiderman. Yes, my nearly 4 year old daughter is obsessed with Spiderman. So, now she has a near life-size Spiderman decal on the wall and Spiderman stuff everywhere. She loves it though.

I also have been doing work on the building I bought for my business. We have been waiting for permits for 4 months now, so I've mostly worked on the outside. We still need to do some more painting and we need to install a new light fixture over the loading dock. I also need flowers for the flower boxes, but I don't want to do that until we actually move into the building because otherwise I won't be there to water anything and the flowers will surely die right away. The inside is a mess; all I've been able to do so far is demo.
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-before1.jpg   What are you working on now?-before-2.jpg   What are you working on now?-after.jpg  

Old 08-18-2019, 05:08 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
I took a break from city data for awhile, but I've been busy with house and building projects. We recently changed our daughter's room from it's nursery theme (trees) to Spiderman. Yes, my nearly 4 year old daughter is obsessed with Spiderman. So, now she has a near life-size Spiderman decal on the wall and Spiderman stuff everywhere. She loves it though.

I also have been doing work on the building I bought for my business. We have been waiting for permits for 4 months now, so I've mostly worked on the outside. We still need to do some more painting and we need to install a new light fixture over the loading dock. I also need flowers for the flower boxes, but I don't want to do that until we actually move into the building because otherwise I won't be there to water anything and the flowers will surely die right away. The inside is a mess; all I've been able to do so far is demo.
Very nice looking building!

Old 08-18-2019, 07:54 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,125,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I am a mixture of emotions. We got a call today from the mortgage company - just put the loan application in Tuesday, with all the paperwork, and this is their busiest time of the year, but we are already APPROVED! The appraisal was done Friday, so it will probably be in by Tuesday. We may be able to close earlier than the middle of September! OMG!!!!!!!

So anyway, I am excited, sad, nervous, happy, all that all at once. One thing I remembered, thank goodness - I had filed an extension on my mom's taxes (she passed away in January and I'm her executor) and I suddenly thought "I better take care of those!" because they are due in October and the last thing I want is to have THAT sort of pressure on me while I'm trying to move from one house to the next! So I was dreading all that, and I got out the checklist and opened the file - and BINGO - it was all right there. SUPER EASY, I think. So anyway, that's done, thank goodness. Or pretty much so.

Hey, get this - I am pretty proud of this. The loan officer called me today, on a Sunday, just to tell me that she had gotten the email that we were totally approved. She said, "Do you know how unusual it is to get a loan approved that quickly? You know why it was approved so quickly? It's because you got us all the documentation basically immediately." I said, "Well, I told you my professional background is banking and real estate - I know what you need!" And that's the truth.

But I still don't know how anyone gets them all the necessary documentation while they are working full time too. It took me ALL DAY TUESDAY, FROM 7 AM TILL 7 PM, to find, scan, and upload all the documentation it takes to get a mortgage loan now.
Congrats and BTW I LOVE the IKAT pillow.
We are twins. I came from Wall Street. I am ultra organized and in fact, at times it seem to be a problem for me because I truly can't understand how some people function. I have a marble note book and a three ring binder. All contracts or bills of sale for major purchases go into the binder. Once or twice year I weed it out. For example, I will get rid of the recliner paperwork ,the next time as we replaced them. In the marble note book goes room and paint colors and where purchased, all papers related to any purchase (except for manuals and they have a drawer), when purchased etc. with the dates. BTW, I only do this for home goods, not things like clothing etc.

We had to retouch some paint and a neighbor said to DH take a chip to SW they will match it. DH said, nah, "We've got the Book." The "Book" he replied with a puzzled look. The "Book" DH explained and then showed him with pride and a little comedy mixed in. He tells everyone, my headstone will say "she was efficient." It is a really good thing too, because he would lose his head if not attached.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:57 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,125,715 times
We are replacing our deck and door leading from home to garage. I am letting my containers die off now as they are starting in Sept and I don't want to have to mess with deconstructing tall containers on the new deck.

Old 08-20-2019, 07:05 AM

2 posts, read 1,269 times
Just put our matte screen protection for our balcony windows, so nobody will see whats going on. So far I and my wife are very happy with it because we get sick to live on the first floor and everyone who walk passes just can't stop starring like in the zoo. So for everyone who has the same problem, we strongly recommend matte windows protection.

Old 08-20-2019, 08:13 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,911,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Yes. We knew when we bought this house that it was not for the long haul, because it is two stories and it also doesn't have the yard layout we prefer, or garage layout either. But it was a GREAT price, and that gave us a lot of wiggle room to do updates, so that's what we've done.

We planned to move in a couple more years but we came across a home that ticked off all the boxes, and property values are going up so quickly here (have been for years) that we figured we better just go ahead and move. We are also not getting younger ourselves. And we live in an adjacent county where the appreciation rate, while steadily moving upward, still isn't at the same level as the county we prefer. So we thought "Wow, if we wait another two or three years, what will the price be then?"

I love our current home so it makes me sort of sad to leave it but I am excited about the new home for sure! AND IT HAS A KITCHEN TO ABSOLUTELY DIE FOR.
congrats!

Old 08-21-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Congrats and BTW I LOVE the IKAT pillow.
We are twins. I came from Wall Street. I am ultra organized and in fact, at times it seem to be a problem for me because I truly can't understand how some people function. I have a marble note book and a three ring binder. All contracts or bills of sale for major purchases go into the binder. Once or twice year I weed it out. For example, I will get rid of the recliner paperwork ,the next time as we replaced them. In the marble note book goes room and paint colors and where purchased, all papers related to any purchase (except for manuals and they have a drawer), when purchased etc. with the dates. BTW, I only do this for home goods, not things like clothing etc.

We had to retouch some paint and a neighbor said to DH take a chip to SW they will match it. DH said, nah, "We've got the Book." The "Book" he replied with a puzzled look. The "Book" DH explained and then showed him with pride and a little comedy mixed in. He tells everyone, my headstone will say "she was efficient." It is a really good thing too, because he would lose his head if not attached.

YES! We ARE twins! I have a spiral notebook on various things - house stuff, investments, medical stuff, etc. I have all the paint colors for our house - and extra paint - clearly labeled - which room, which PART of which room, etc. LOL And I weed these out at least once a year.

Like the dynamics of you and your husband, I'm the efficient one. I generally know where every single thing is. When we go to the grocery store, I am nearly always within a dollar - usually within CENTS - of the total - and that includes any taxes. My husband and I always have a bet going - for a dollar by the way - which I always, always win. We get to the register and I'm like, "This is going to be $162 and about 24 cents." He says, "No way - it's like $190." Now, I don't use a calculator in the store - it just adds up in my mind.

I am also the person who you want to guess the number of beans or whatever in a jar at the fair or a convention. I'm like an idiot savante! LOL

Super excited about the pillows because that's how I roll. I remembered thankfully that I have to order FOUR of them because we have two matching sofas. Wow.

WE CLOSE ON THE HOUSE NEXT WEEK. I am SO EXCITED! PROJECTS FOR YEARS!!!!!! I mean, other than a bit of painting and changing out one floor, we can move right in but it's honestly like a blank slate.

I haven't told my husband this yet but I want to change out the countertops in the kitchen. That might take some doing - LOL.

Old 08-21-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
We are replacing our deck and door leading from home to garage. I am letting my containers die off now as they are starting in Sept and I don't want to have to mess with deconstructing tall containers on the new deck.
Even with watering my many container plants, it's just too hot in August and they really start struggling - and yes, some are dying. It always makes me sad that I can't save them, but it always happens. Oh well, I enjoy them from March through July anyway - and a few are still alive and kicking.

Oh well, I don't want to move a lot of containers full of plants anyway. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating