Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2019, 08:26 PM

18,473 posts, read 31,648,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh man I know the feeling - it's still hot here too. AND I AM READY FOR FALL TO GET HERE!!!!!

Here's what I've been doing - decorating and putting things in order in the new house. So far - but still waiting on a TV console and a cocktail ottoman in the living room, but I LOVE our new sofas!!!! SUPER COMFORTABLE!

I love everything!

the front door is gorgeous, from the glimpse of the kitchen, yes, yes, yes...

the sofas are very pretty also, and do look comfy as well, I can see beautiful naps in the future.
I also like the dark floors as well.

ugh, still hot and humid here as well, and im over it!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2019, 06:55 AM

2,538 posts, read 1,912,322 times
Quote:
Oh man I know the feeling - it's still hot here too. AND I AM READY FOR FALL TO GET HERE!!!!!

Here's what I've been doing - decorating and putting things in order in the new house. So far - but still waiting on a TV console and a cocktail ottoman in the living room, but I LOVE our new sofas!!!! SUPER COMFORTABLE!
What are you doing for lamps by the sofas?

Old 09-24-2019, 07:08 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOinGA View Post
What are you doing for lamps by the sofas?
I am waiting to get the console and ottoman in and then I will decide. I think I need one standing lamp and one squatty one if that makes sense so I need to go lamp shopping, which happens to be one of my favorite things to do so yay!

Old 09-24-2019, 07:11 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I love everything!

the front door is gorgeous, from the glimpse of the kitchen, yes, yes, yes...

the sofas are very pretty also, and do look comfy as well, I can see beautiful naps in the future.
I also like the dark floors as well.

ugh, still hot and humid here as well, and im over it!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you and yep, still hot and muggy here and that's the forecast for the next week. We aren't supposed to drop to highs in the 80s till the first week of October. And that will still be the mid to upper 80s! AUGH. But at least the lows will be in the 60s hopefully.

I have already taken a nap from heaven on one of those sofas!

Old 09-24-2019, 07:24 AM

2,538 posts, read 1,912,322 times
Quote:
I am waiting to get the console and ottoman in and then I will decide. I think I need one standing lamp and one squatty one if that makes sense so I need to go lamp shopping, which happens to be one of my favorite things to do so yay!
I always struggle with floor versus table lamps and the right balance. There are so many pretty lamps. Funny story. I went to At Home and bought a new lampshade for one of my floor lamps. My adult daughter was sitting in my living room and suddenly said "I have that same lampshade." Out of all of the shades in At Home, we had both bought the same one.

My most recent project, finally completed, was to paint my 1980's oak china hutch. It looked so dated. I actually considered just getting rid of the top and using it as a credenza. Then I decided I had nothing to lose by trying to paint the whole thing (except time, so much time!). I really didn't want to give up the extra storage. Not only do I like it much better now, but I also think the white makes the leaded glass in the doors sparkle.....and I had thought that I was going to have to replace that flowered glass with plain glass, but now I don't think I will. I used General Finishes milk paint in antique white. The before picture is from when my house in GA was for sale. The after picture is here in TN.
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-20190924_090054.jpg  

Old 09-24-2019, 09:58 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,173,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOinGA View Post
I always struggle with floor versus table lamps and the right balance. There are so many pretty lamps. Funny story. I went to At Home and bought a new lampshade for one of my floor lamps. My adult daughter was sitting in my living room and suddenly said "I have that same lampshade." Out of all of the shades in At Home, we had both bought the same one.

My most recent project, finally completed, was to paint my 1980's oak china hutch. It looked so dated. I actually considered just getting rid of the top and using it as a credenza. Then I decided I had nothing to lose by trying to paint the whole thing (except time, so much time!). I really didn't want to give up the extra storage. Not only do I like it much better now, but I also think the white makes the leaded glass in the doors sparkle.....and I had thought that I was going to have to replace that flowered glass with plain glass, but now I don't think I will. I used General Finishes milk paint in antique white. The before picture is from when my house in GA was for sale. The after picture is here in TN.
You did a great job on your hutch. It looks much happier now.

Old 09-24-2019, 10:00 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,173,318 times
Quote:

Your new house is coming together nicely. Wow, amazing kitchen. And, I like your new sofa too.

All this work will be worth it.

Old 09-24-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Thank you and yep, still hot and muggy here and that's the forecast for the next week. We aren't supposed to drop to highs in the 80s till the first week of October. And that will still be the mid to upper 80s! AUGH. But at least the lows will be in the 60s hopefully.

I have already taken a nap from heaven on one of those sofas!

... and it was a loveley nap at that, im sure...

I like in the kitchen the black cabinetry very much (it also helps that, you know, I have black as well) but it looks really nice!!, and will look forward to more pics for sure.

I remember in another one of your posts, you were talking about the lack of outlets for the lamps, how did you, or maybe you didnt, as of yet, resolve that issue?

Old 09-24-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:

I am also loving that little wall niche shelf thing with all your colorfull glass bowls, they really are pretty and a nice little piece of interest.....

Old 09-24-2019, 11:41 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,284,845 times
Organizing everything that didn't sell at my yard sale this weekend and decide what goes on Craigslist, what goes on eBay, and what gets put away until the next yard sale.

And this was my second best sale I have had to date. Of course you always wanted to do better but I did get rid of a bunch of crap...er...stuff. Just not enough.

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating