Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 11:05 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,868,235 times

Advertisements

Foyer - burnt orange
Kitchen - white
Livingroom - light yellow
hallways - light yellow
Master bedroom - peach
Master bath - peach
2nd bath - lilac
2nd bedroom - blue

Livingroom soon to be a mocha color with red accents (rug, draperies, throw pillows)
Master bath soon to be repainted- undecided
2nd bath - same
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 04:23 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,319,403 times

I haven't taken any room pictures yet but here is one of my dog and her friend watching for the kids to come home from school one day. She puts her toys in the window to help her watch. You can see the wall color sort of.

Here is one from right after we moved in. I still don't like how the room is arranged but I can't figure anything else out. None of our pictures are up in this one yet so the wall look naked.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:48 AM

438 posts, read 1,509,377 times
My living room is soon to be painted a wheat color (Churchill Hotel Wheat from Lowe's). I love how its a nice warm neutral color. We have a small hallway visible to the living room. That is painted a burnt orange color (Bear Paws from Lowe's). Sounds bad, but it really brings out the color of our original wood doors from the early 40's. It just pops so nicely against the neutral living room. Now my kitchen, which isn't open to the living room, mimics the tan/orange of the living room. We painted the walls Pumpkin Butter (a very toned-down tannish-orange) and the back splash a rusty red called Spicy Cayenne (from Home Depot). I would have gone more bold, but we're selling the house.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:11 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,601,130 times
I have a white hall and bathroom, but all my other walls are various colors. Living room is a sage green, kitchen is a very light peach color, dining room that same light peach above the chair rail and a slate blue below it, master is red and tan, guest room is tan and the other guest room is a mustard yellow.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:58 PM

1,266 posts, read 5,613,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rettogo View Post
Me too. I saw a model that had chocolate brown and some kind of blue. I know...it sounds terrible but it really looked nice. I was surprised. I would never put those colors together.
Hehe... my bedding is a really dark brown and a pale blue. The furniture is cherry. I first wanted red bedding, but just thought it would make the furniture look old fashion and too much red going on. The brown & blue look really good together. I was even able to find blue silk drapes to match. Now I just have to figure out what to do for the paint.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:06 AM

1,032 posts, read 4,265,021 times
Our new house has a very open floor plan with a two-story foyer and two-story family room. Although the living room and dining can be seen from other rooms, I did paint them different colors. I haven't done it yet, but the kitchen and sun room will be a different color as well.

However, I will paint the whole middle of the house (foyer, hallway, family room) the same color - something light and neutral. It would look too choppy to paint it different colors.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:13 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,990,676 times
Ack! color flow -- I made a booboo ... painted our guest room an old-fashioned deep medium blue [design=cottage-y with patchwork quilts, antique maple furniture, used a dry brush technique] and the den a lime green (think Lime Rickey if anyone knows that icy beverage) [design=contemporary funky with wall-to-wall oak bookcases, used a wash technique]. But I didn't think what it would look like standing in the connecting hallway with a Grecian Urn wallpapered bath inbetween - the wallpaper will go at some point in the future, and I'll have to paint that bath to somehow connect the blue and lime. The hallway will remain neutral since it connects to the main areas of the house.

Currently the master is a suck-out-all-the-light awful cream/beige/yellow (can't even describe it). Planning on painting the room in a blue-with-violet-overtones to match the wallpaper in the master bath (can live with that paper). The blue will work well with our bedroom set (love my 1980s dark pine :-)

The kitchen is papered in a deep red with some kind of fruit and leaves pattern. Don't know what to do with that since the kitchen is open to the family room which is done in a very nice deep sage green. The green also extends into the kitchen's eating area and the sunroom beyond.

The livingroom, diningroom, foyer, main hallways, and stairway are all connected and currently in a blah bleck beigy yellowy cream. The livingroom is a tad darker shade. We'll be painting these main areas of the house in different shades of the warm beige/tan colors (perhaps SW Blonde?) to compliment all the rooms and to downplay the fact that our livingroom furniture is very eclectic from Victorian to 1940s, and the diningroom is very country (medium pine). Because of nooks and crannies and jogs and mouldings we can be subtle when we stop and start different shades.

I love color. I love themed rooms. I enjoy it when each room is markedly different from the next. I've made mistakes, but heck, it's just paint. I adored a mistake made in my previous home - painted a den with SW Pencil Yellow - looked like a Happy Face had exploded - but boy oh boy was it a happy-feeling room

Old 03-04-2008, 07:56 AM

629 posts, read 3,599,332 times
Default You had to ask?

Hall way and Foyer (Benjamin Moore-Concord Ivory)

Kitchen (Benjamin Moore-Raspberry Truffle)

Dining Room (Benjamin Moore - custom mix by the wife)

Living Room (Benjamin Moore - Santorini Blue)

Guest Room (Benjamin Moore - custom mix by the wife)

Downstairs Bathroom (Benjamin Moore - Santorini Blue and same brown as guest room)

Master Bedroom (Benjamin Moore - Custom Mix by the wife)

3 yr olds room (Benjamin Moore - Soft Pumpkin)

6yr olds room (Benjamin Moore - Pink)

Nursery (Benjamin Moore - Sweet Daphne / Folk Art / Birds Egg(Ceiling)

Yes, my wife runs a Ben Moore paint distributor! So we have lotso color!

Old 03-04-2008, 08:44 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,403,352 times
All Benjamin Moore

Narragansett Green - DS's Nursery
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dc03b3127cceb67b894e654e00000036108CYsW7RmxaI (broken link)
(that's DD's crib in there until we complete her room...DS is due March 20th.)

Wethersfield Moss - DD's Nursery (her old room. She now has a bigger bedroom, but I used the same color.)

Van Buren Brown - Master Bedroom
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dd25b3127cceb6ca5e98cbff00000046108CYsW7RmxaI (broken link)

Richmond Gold - Master Bathroom
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dd25b3127cceb6ca5ec8cbaf00000036108CYsW7RmxaI (broken link)
(still completing this room...need to change hardware on cabinet, add mirror, waiting on switchplates, etc.)

Raisin Torte - Dining Room

Dorset Gold - Family Room

Forgive me, we're still renovating so the rooms are still being decorated. I would have taken a larger shot of the master bedroom, but the room is a mess.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:59 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,601,130 times
Beautiful, beautiful colors and very nice paint jobs. Your decorating styles are wonderful. Thanks so much for posting your pictures.

Historic Bessemer: I love all those colors, except the pink. I've never been a fan. I especially liked the striped wall bathroom.

TheImportersWife: I like the gold in the family room the best. The master looks too dark for my taste, but I bet it really looks good in the room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating