Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 08:37 AM

1,959 posts, read 3,102,534 times

Advertisements

Get a room ionizer. Those things work if you keep them clean. Granted curry is powerful and an ionizer wont totally eliminate that but it sure makes a huge difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 08:25 AM

2,310 posts, read 6,826,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Keep a bowl of white vinegar in the room (maybe two if it's a large space). It will get rid of most smells. And no, it doesn't replace them with a vinegar smell! Use a wide-ish bowl (like a large soup bowl).

Replace the vinegar every two or three days.
This worked! Thanks.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:54 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Keep a bowl of white vinegar in the room (maybe two if it's a large space). It will get rid of most smells. And no, it doesn't replace them with a vinegar smell! Use a wide-ish bowl (like a large soup bowl).

That works well and so does a small amount of ammonia in a dish.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:09 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Do have have a bathroom anywhere near the kitchen? If you do you could turn on the bathroom exhaust fan to help draw fresh air inside the house.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:19 AM

69 posts, read 207,047 times
Thanks for all suggestions..

Last week I tried using vanilla as cleaning liquid.. worked well and home smelled nice for an hour or so. Back to square one
I am planning to buy ozium, as suggested by some you. It has good reviews @ Amazon .
LA

Old 05-02-2013, 10:23 AM

5,867 posts, read 11,928,737 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyk72 View Post
This worked! Thanks.
I don't know why more people don't know about this or do this. Whenever we cook a particularly smelly meal (usually fish), I leave a bowl of white vinegar on the counter and the smell is completely gone the next morning. It's really amazing.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:48 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
I don't know why more people don't know about this or do this. Whenever we cook a particularly smelly meal (usually fish), I leave a bowl of white vinegar on the counter and the smell is completely gone the next morning. It's really amazing.
When cooking smelly foods, I pour a shallow layer of white vinegar into a skillet and simmer it on an adjacent burner. The vinegar fumes counteract and neutralize the food fumes.

When finished cooking, I turn off the burner under the vinegar but leave the vinegar on the cooktop for a few hours.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:50 PM

2,310 posts, read 6,826,941 times
These vinegar tips are awesome. Do you guys know how the vinegar makes the smell go away?

Old 05-02-2013, 11:40 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,218,289 times
I save my orange and apple peelings then boil them with the cinnamon and spices.

But if you don't have an exhaust fan you will have to do major cleaning of the walls and vent filter daily. And wash the linens when you cook as well, get doubles so one is up and the other is in the laundry.

Don't forget to clean the drain out by using a lemon or citrus in the garbage disposal.

Do you have a window nearby? I put a fan in the window and suck the air out when I cook, even in the winter if it's smelly. But then you have to wash up the fan as well.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:31 PM

4,556 posts, read 3,756,246 times
After reading all these suggestions for removing kitchen odors, Ozium has worked the best by KILLING whatever smell is in the air! It works so well. All it takes is a 1 second spray for each room.

But does anyone have any health concerns with using Ozium spray? There's a lot of stuff on the internet that it causes health issues, cancer, respiratory problems. We usually spray and then don't enter the room for an hour or so, but is that enough? Some websites say the Ozium particles can linger for a long time in the air and can be harmful.

Wondering, because there's nothing else that works like Ozium!

https://www.amazon.com/Ozium-Sanitiz...A1UMBRA5ZTBCX8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House