Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 11:26 AM

698 posts, read 798,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
CAMPING IS DIFFERENT! You camp in the wilderness, not next door to someone else's house!

We're under that assumption because you said so. I'm talking about a collective "you" meaning you and your husband.

You have said you wouldn't dare dump your waste outside, and in the same breath said if he does it, you can to. We're only responding to what you are saying, then you get all defensive.
oh the drama..

Old 01-25-2015, 11:27 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal1 View Post
oh the drama..
That's what you consider drama?

Old 01-25-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Yes, water, heat, and toilets are luxuries! Especially in 2015.
She has water, it is just in bottles. Water is a basic necessity in order to live.

Toilets are not.

Heat is, to some extent necessary to keep one alive. Depending upon where you live

It's so funny as a group, we are so spoiled that we have no clue the difference between basic necessities and luxuries

Old 01-25-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
That's what you consider drama?
You are getting a bit, well over the op with the emotion here. And badgering

Over someone living in a garage, bringing water to their home, and going to the bathroom outside.

We have a toilet and I often choose to do such, and yes, we have neighbors. They cannot see.

I do not like being in confined spaces, sometimes, I just feel like going outside. It feels more natural.

But that's beside the point.

She is doing great. I think there is alot of jealousy here about how much she has achieved, with her multiple minimum wage jobs. When there should be praise instead.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:34 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal1 View Post
You are getting a bit, well over the op with the emotion here. And badgering

Over someone living in a garage, bringing water to their home, and going to the bathroom outside.

We have a toilet and I often choose to do such, and yes, we have neighbors. They cannot see.

I do not like being in confined spaces, sometimes, I just feel like going outside. It feels more natural.

But that's beside the point.

She is doing great. I think there is alot of jealousy here about how much she has achieved, with her multiple minimum wage jobs. When there should be praise instead.
I work in a code enforcement type field so that's the perspective I'm coming from. There seems to be an assumption by some that those posters who find this way of life unacceptable are either wealthy or weighed down by debt. I am neither, nor am I the least bit jealous of the op.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:34 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,281,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
The kitchen and bathroom are not just downstairs...they're at the in-laws' house, which the OP says is a distance away.
At first it seemed like it was blocks away, but really not that far - think of a detached garage away.

She is going to be living close to these people for the next 40 or so years - why not try to get to know them.

I always got along well with my several sets of in-laws - lol. But then I am the type of person that can get along with almost everyone.

I am more upset, if I can be upset for someone I don't even know, by the things she is going through.

I know this will make the OP mad, but I think she needs to get away from this situation.

But then she did say that her father was ultra frugal, which then makes me wonder, why didn't she already know how to wash dishes or bathroom situation from that experience? Did she live with her mom?

If you enjoyed living like that, you would be gung-ho and giving people advice not asking. It has been three years.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:45 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,692,777 times
Closed upon Original Poster request...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House