Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 05:51 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,051,685 times

Advertisements

I have a K-Cup and this am I made a large cup (I have 3 choices) and it filled my 16 oz cup to the tippy tippy top...and surprised it didn't run over. Lately, it is making a lot less than the amount it is suppose to make. I don't know if I should get another K-cup. This isn't the first time it has happened. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue and what kind of coffee maker do you have~?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 05:53 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
I've had 5 and 3 Espresso makers....they are all gone because then I drink too much!
French press slows me down.
Sorry, can't help.

Old 12-12-2015, 05:55 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,653,635 times
K-cup here as well. I drink 2 10oz cups of either Starbucks French Roast or Café Bustelo. You might need to clean your machine.

Old 12-12-2015, 05:58 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,160,691 times
I have a Keurig, it works great and I love it other than it seems to be making slightly less coffee per cup on the absolute highest setting.

Old 12-12-2015, 06:05 PM

2,294 posts, read 3,431,826 times
My last 2 keurigs have died when I've tried to clean them. I'm now on my 3rd the small one. We also have a cuisinart coffee maker, a french press and a stove top espresso maker. My son is visiting for Christmas and he's a bit of a coffee buff so I'm hoping something will appeal to his taste, at home he has a Rancillo Silvia coffee machine :\

Old 12-12-2015, 06:10 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,653,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
I have a Keurig, it works great and I love it other than it seems to be making slightly less coffee per cup on the absolute highest setting.
I always hit the strong button before I brew with the Keurig. We had a Tassimo coffee maker prior to buying a Keuring. As Keuring became more popular they began to bogart shelf space making it harder to find the Tassimo coffee pods.

Old 12-12-2015, 06:26 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,076,014 times
Cheapo Mr. Coffee here..... They work everyday for a couple years....then get a new one....

Old 12-12-2015, 06:27 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,051,685 times
Quote:
K-cup here as well. I drink 2 10oz cups of either Starbucks French Roast or Café Bustelo. You might need to clean your machine
I've never tried the Cafe Bustelo brand. I don't know how to clean it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
I'm normally having this issue and replaced the K-cup I forgot how many times because of it. And BBB will replace it for free it you didn't know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
I always hit the strong button before I brew with the Keurig. We had a Tassimo coffee maker prior to buying a Keuring. As Keuring became more popular they began to bogart shelf space making it harder to find the Tassimo coffee pods.
I've never tried the Tassimo. Does that have any issues~? Can you buy their coffee in the grocery or where~? I didn't know Keurig had a strong brew cycle. Which one has it~?

Old 12-12-2015, 06:37 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,271,006 times
I had a Mr. Coffee type, and then another one and so on. I used the same brand so I'd have extra pots to use. The last one of those lasted less than six months. I have since tried the basic brewer type with the v shaped filter (and a paper one). The first died but since I added the second filter, water isn't dripping where it shouldn't. I was going to try a higher quality machine, but they do so much more that I'm never going to use, and amazon had the same one I had for a really great holiday gift price so we'll see.

I like the coffee with this kind of filter a lot more. Its excellent. Now to see how many brands and kinds it takes to see if there's one that lives a bit longer. Of course I make the first pot when I get up and then more at least once a day so its on more than its off if I'm awake.

Old 12-12-2015, 07:16 PM

1,846 posts, read 3,942,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Cheapo Mr. Coffee here..... They work everyday for a couple years....then get a new one....
+1

Same here. I have the 4 cup variety, which makes 20 oz of coffee (two 10-oz mugs full). The price is right ($10), and the first cup is ready in 4 minutes. I have the permanent filter and while it looks fragile, it has never needed replacing. The coffee maker itself does, every few years.

I thought of getting a Keurig, but the reviews haven't yet persuaded me to spring for one. I also have bookmarked the Aeropress. Maybe some day I'll buy one or the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House