Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2015, 09:48 AM

88,585 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

Rotting kimchi (and that's probably redundant) left in a drawer in the freezer. I found out later that the previous owners couldn't get it out because it was frozen solid into the drawer, so they unplugged the refrigerator and asked a relative to come over and remove the kimchi, but then someone locked the door and the relative didn't have a key.

It took cleaning, the paint, and carpet cleaning to get that smell out of the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 10:03 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,158,870 times
One house the prior owner moved as it was haunted and wanted to get away from the Ghost haunting the house.

We rented anyhow. It has an attic where door was locked and not part of rental. Once a week we hear weird sounds up there like someone playing pool , we assumed maybe squirrels got in.

Around three months go by I am actually talking to neighbor over a beer and he says how can I stand living in that haunted house I wont go in there.

I go what, he goes you know prior owners husband had a pool table in attic where he hung out. One night he came home pretty depressed and started drinking Jack Daniels and playing pool and took out a handgun and blew off his head. Blood everywhere, they removed body and owner boarded up attic but would never go up there again. He haunts the house and his wife was freeked out. So she rented elsewhere.

The ghost was the weirdest thing I every found in a house I rented.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:12 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
I moved into my house 18 years ago on a Sunday. I had to work the next day, and realized I could not find any of my shoes! Everything was in boxes.

For some reason, I went into the attic Monday morning, and there, sitting at the top of the steps was a pair of ladies flats; and they fit me! It was a little creepy wearing someone else's shoes, but I made it to work that day.

That was a lucky occurrence, and this house has been lucky for me and my daughter ever since! It got me out of a bad situation, got my daughter into an excellent school system, and is now worth over $250k..much more than I bought it for ($70k).

I'm retired now, and when I give a thought to moving somewhere else, I just can't. I don't want to leave the luck behind!

I also found a couple of small kids toys, boxes of tiles, and a thick piece of glass in the rafters that was shattered but strangely, still intact. It's still there!

Another thing I found was that whoever painted the kitchen, didn't move the fridge, they just painted around it. lol, found that out when I moved it to install the new one.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:24 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,349,004 times
Right after moving in, I decided to landscape a section of the front yard and t-shirts were buried along with beer bottles.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:32 AM

592 posts, read 1,478,888 times
They prior owners left a lot of items behind.
in the kitchen cabinets was a bucket list.

The 30ish wife prior owner had written out a ~40 item list of things she wanted to achieve.
One of them was "have two kids"
it was scratched out and she wrote "two dogs"... and they did have two dogs.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:19 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonwater84 View Post
When we were installing the dishwasher, we found eleven butter knives in the kitchen sink drain. Eleven.
did they all match?

Old 12-24-2015, 12:21 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Rotting kimchi (and that's probably redundant) left in a drawer

LOL
made me laugh at loud!

Old 12-24-2015, 12:57 PM

3,974 posts, read 4,259,315 times
Melted wiring in the attic!

Old 12-24-2015, 04:46 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,259,079 times
A few years ago, my boyfriend and his buddy did a bunch of electrical work in my townhome. In the garage rafters, they found a condom in the package. My boyfriend was really embarrassed and hurt cuz his buddy saw it. He quizzed me mercilessly about it. Apparently the previous owners hubby wasn.t the faithful type. Men love their garages.

Old 12-24-2015, 05:19 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
The wiring?

The framing?

Whoever built the house had a big pile of used/burned 2x8's and obviously didn't have a table saw. They used the 2x8 the wrong way and padded it with scrap. I ended up re-framing the whole house from the inside-out to get rid of all the thermal bridges.

The washing machine in the kitchen was a nice touch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House