Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 09:58 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,699,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Tell her there's a man in Missouri who could use her help while he sips a Vodka martini
Haha, it's actually more affordable than most think. She gets $16/ hour and she's usually here for 4 hours. $64 every other week for a spotless house seems to be worth it to me. It's those little things that make life special.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2006, 10:08 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
I knew somebody would come up with this topic at some point. I hate, hate, hate, did I say hate? cleaning but I am definitely anal about having a clean house. So...I can either get a new car or pay someone to come clean. So I'm perfectly happy with my old car. I have a married couple that comes every two weeks and between them, they spend about 4 or 5 hours in the house and do all the bedrooms, bathrooms, windows, floors, pictures, shelves, blinds, outdoor sink, outdoor tables, kitchen, hose down the driveways and yard, clean every little knick-knack, lightbulbs, lamps, doors, I don't even know what else anymore but they do the heavier cleaning. Then, since I have 2 dogs and 4 cats, I have to do all the daily upkeep and picking up, and sweeping litter box tracks and wet paws tracks. I spend all my waking hours at home with the mop in my hand. If I didn't have the cleaning folks, I would be committed to the looney house.
The ONLY thing I don't mind doing is laundry. I strip the beds every week, the pets' bedding, towels, regular clothes....I probably do about 10 loads a week. And I don't even have small kids and my husband picks up after himself.

Old 12-08-2006, 11:50 AM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 2,081,214 times
When I was little my sister would kick me out of the house so she could clean,the only way I could get back in was if I agreed to help her.So,I guess that's why I'm a clean freak.I also keep my truck looking its best.When I bought this truck I decided no hauling crap in it and letting it get all beat up.I bought a tonneau cover for it and use the bed mostly as a trunk.

Old 12-08-2006, 01:22 PM

346 posts, read 2,140,917 times
I hate cleaning, HATE IT. A messy home doesn't bother me as much as it does my roommate so I clean when I absolutely HAVE to but she usually gets fed up with the mess before me and ends up cleaning. I'll pitch in and help once a week marginally and when I get a long weekend or some time off then I'll work harder. I live in the LA area so time is very precious to me... I hate to waste it cleaning when I could be doing something fun. My days are rarely fun so when I get free time I really like to make the most of it. We vacuum once every two weeks and hire someone once a month to clean the nooks and crannies. We get the carpet steam cleaned every 6 months. That's the routine for me.

Old 12-08-2006, 01:37 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,334,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post
I clean basically on an as needed basis. There's only me and my husband,so we don't make really big messes. I really hate to dust so I usually do that while I'm on an extended phone call with one of my daughters. I vacuum about once a week and dust mop 1-2 times a week. Don't have special cleaning clothes unless I'm using clorox - then I try to put on one of the shirts I've already ruined with the stuff! I put in a CD and get with it. Primarily, I am more picky about my kitchen and bathrooms being clean.
This could be me! I've been through the clean freak thing, but I'm so over that now. I live in FL. Too many other things I'd rather do.

Old 12-08-2006, 01:53 PM

243 posts, read 887,427 times
Talking Clean House

My mom always had a very clean house. From washing windows every week, to sweeping the sidewalk in front of the house. I grew up in a clean house and I do the same today. Only difference is when my son was growing up, I would wash a load every day, sweep, vaccuum, and cook. Along with holding down a full time job and being vice president of his little league. When your young it comes easy. Now, it's just me and my husband and he works nights so when I get home from work I eat whatever. Clean house and do laundry once a week. I still do my windows once a week.

Old 12-08-2006, 07:25 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,789,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
MoMark, you and I would never get along! I clean sporadically, I admit it. I can't stand to clean, so I put it off as long as possible until I really can't stand it anymore. Then I've been known to clean at 11:00 at night when I have to get up for work the next day at 6:00!

My problem is clutter. Newspapers and junk mail seem to procreate and have children when I'm not looking! I've been known to take out twelve grocery bags full of newspapers in one day. Then I tell myself to take the old newspapers out every day, or even every other day - and I don't do it. Weird.
Sandy - I'm with you!!! We are the messies!!! We just don't have time to clean - and when we do, there's always something else we'd rather do, so...!
We clean only when it's so bad that we just can't take it anymore! So yeah, works out at odd times sometimes...
Clutter galore here! Anyone remember Sanford & Son?
I mean, as my parents tell me (& have since I was a kid) - it LITERALLY looks like a bomb went off, or the place was ransacked, or both!
Yeah, it'd be cool if it was clean, but a lot of things would be cool...
Whatever!

Old 12-08-2006, 08:07 PM

17 posts, read 115,760 times
I clean my house because i cant stand messy sorroundings. i hate people who do not know how to clean and untidy....
being clean it give me a feeling of comfortable and fresh mind and of course a healthy family. :

Old 12-08-2006, 08:15 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CITYGIRL View Post
I clean my house because i cant stand messy sorroundings. i hate people who do not know how to clean and untidy....
being clean it give me a feeling of comfortable and fresh mind and of course a healthy family. :
Me too. If the house is dirty, I don't want to be in it. I love doing a thorough total white tornado (well, I mean I like the result) where the house is completely s pic and span and perfectly immaculate. Fresh sheets on the beds, no animal hair going into my mouth from my pillows when I sleep, and then waking up to that fresh brightness and making a strong cup of coffee. Then I enjoy the house so much and it makes me happy If someone's house is dirty, like my neighbors across the road (very nice people too), I will not enter their home. If you want to keep MoMark out of your house, just don't clean it!

Old 12-10-2006, 08:04 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,789,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citygirl
i hate people who do not know how to clean and untidy....
Nice... Paradoxical sentence as well...(obviously the "untidy" was meant to be "tidy"...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House