Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2019, 07:10 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times

Advertisements

Don't knock it until you've tried it... a bidet. It's much better than a red raw cornhole from having to use a half roll of toilet paper thanks to that klingon that just wouldn't come off.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 05:46 PM

5,868 posts, read 11,928,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I bought a new duvet cover for our much loved down comforter. It is white and has matching pillow cases. These are LL Bean products, as our comforter is their product. It is part of a bedroom freshening that will include new white curtains and a new set of sheets. I am happy with the duvet covet, but a little worried about wrinkles after the first wash. We’ll see.
I love my LL Bean down comforter but previous attempts to put a duvet cover made it heavier and not as comfortable. I’m interested to see how you like yours - let me know how you end up liking it, especially after the wash.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:48 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
I love my LL Bean down comforter but previous attempts to put a duvet cover made it heavier and not as comfortable. I’m interested to see how you like yours - let me know how you end up liking it, especially after the wash.
Haven't washed it! I like the new cover so far. No complaints. I don't find the extra weight of the cover to be a problem.

When I wash it, I'll check in. I dread having to get it wrinkle free for sure. It will be quite a job.

Old 02-01-2019, 03:14 PM

4,607 posts, read 6,429,984 times
Ice melt. Sidewalks are magically clear during snowstorm

Old 02-02-2019, 08:00 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
I bought a new duvet cover for our much loved down comforter. It is white and has matching pillow cases. These are LL Bean products, as our comforter is their product. It is part of a bedroom freshening that will include new white curtains and a new set of sheets. I am happy with the duvet covet, but a little worried about wrinkles after the first wash. We’ll see.
I just ordered a new quilt, shams and throw pillow set from overstock. I think we have spring fever? I have down comforters from LLBean and Company Store, but they stay stored in bags, because it’s too hot here to use them. I will never part with them though, since I couldn’t afford to replace them.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:26 PM

4,607 posts, read 6,429,984 times
This Sun Joe SBJ597E-RED 6 Amp 155 Max Electric Leaf Blower. I have a small yard, and this corded blower did an amazing job of coraling the leaves into a pile. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076CS86NF..._wLJxCb74K9BMY

Old 02-08-2019, 07:44 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
I had a $40 Staples rewards coupon and bought this little Conair food processor. It's just perfect for me. It's small, easy to clean, doesn't take up much space in the cupboard and it works really great. I wanted a food processor, but didn't have cupboard space or counter space for a big regular one. I use the heck out of this little guy.

https://www.staples.com/Conair%C2%AE...akamai-feo=off

Old 02-09-2019, 03:01 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I just ordered a new quilt, shams and throw pillow set from overstock. I think we have spring fever? I have down comforters from LLBean and Company Store, but they stay stored in bags, because it’s too hot here to use them. I will never part with them though, since I couldn’t afford to replace them.
I use my down year round. It gets cool at night most of the year. On warm nights I just fold the duvet back, and sleep under a sheet.

We absolutely love our down comforter. I waited many years to finally own one.

I intend to buy a new set of sheets from Bean next. And some nice white curtains.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:50 AM

2,538 posts, read 1,911,627 times
Quote:
I use my down year round. It gets cool at night most of the year. On warm nights I just fold the duvet back, and sleep under a sheet.

We absolutely love our down comforter. I waited many years to finally own one.

I intend to buy a new set of sheets from Bean next. And some nice white curtains.
Down alternatives are wonderful and I can sleep knowing I am not lying under a layer of animal cruelty.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:16 PM

1,343 posts, read 1,373,467 times
I did not read through this entire thread (so maybe someone else already said this), but one of our very favorite changes / upgrades was to replace our skylights that opened with a long-handled crank, with Velux solar-powered ones, that we open and shut with a remote control that's about the size of a a deck of cards and stays in the same room as the skylight. It makes a huge difference. We open and shut the skylights much more often now, because it's so easy to do. Really wonderful.

VELUX Solar Powered "Fresh Air" Skylight | Curb or Deck Mounted Skylights
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House