Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 10:14 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,941,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KemBro71 View Post
I don’t understand your reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2019, 10:42 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,173,318 times
We barely know our neighbors. At this point all of them keep to themselves and keep their homes up. There are two rented homes on either side of me, and they need some paint, but otherwise all is well for the moment. Eventually the lack of maintenance will register with the HOA, and stuff will have to be done.

Our HOA is strict. You can’t paint your house pink or purple, and you have to maintain your lawn in front.

The needed maintenance is peeling paint on trim. I notice it because it is on the sides of the houses. Otherwise the houses look fine.

My biggest complaint is that there is little street parking. Homes have small yards and many have three car garages. So, people end up parking where ever they can, and that is often in front of my house. It is what is.

But neighbors are OK.

Old 12-23-2019, 11:02 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,439 times
I can't stand one b*tch neighbor in particular. I wish she will go away and just disappear. Annoying AF. All of the other neighbors are okay but this one....ugh.

Old 12-23-2019, 11:46 AM

4,868 posts, read 2,676,734 times
I gots good neighbors..not one of 'em has complained about my 64 Falcon sitting up on blocks for the last 7 years..or that broke refrigerator I been meaning to fix out on the front porch..hell, one of 'em even offered me a new roll of duct tape for that cracked window glass on the bedroom..good neighbors..

Old 12-23-2019, 01:35 PM

3,320 posts, read 1,819,818 times
Palm Beach County here in an over 55 gated, secure, and ROOMY development.

LOVE IT.. and all my sweet, quiet and non-intrusive neighbors!

Old 12-23-2019, 02:18 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,834,185 times
I lived in a nice neighborhood in California for 20+ years. My neighbors were all friendly. Then behind my house, a dog appeared that barked frantically for 6-8 hours straight, daily. As it turned out, the dog belonged to the homeowner's daughter who live elsewhere in an apartment. She couldn't leave the dog at the apartment, barking, so she dropped it off at her mom's house every day on her way to work. No one was home until 9pm or later, and I got home at 3pm. I called the police repeatedly, to no avail. My next-door neighbors sold their house and moved because of this dog. A few times I even had to take a sleeping pill to get any sleep.

Then I had a Eureka Moment! Why am I the one taking the sleeping pill?

I threw treats to the dog over several days, then switched to treats with sleeping pills inside. A half sleeping pill knocked her out for hours. Finally some relief!

Old 12-23-2019, 07:00 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,114,080 times
I literally live on top of my neighbors in dense, downtown Fort Lauderdale and really love all my neighbors. Can't complain about a single one.

Old 12-23-2019, 07:28 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
nope, no problems in my very close together houses neighborhood.

This is the kind of neighborhood where someone is more likely to shovel or snow blow the sidewalk for the entire block than they are to make a problem.

Old 12-23-2019, 08:18 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,845,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
I have a few neighbors who are obnoxious (6 cars parked on the street 24/7, never maintain their yard, marital or other family issues that spill outside the house, etc), and there were a few at my last house too. I don't want to sound snobby, but I would expect less if we lived in a lower income area.

We've talked about moving a 3rd time, a small reason being the neighbors. After talking to some friends about my neighbors, they all had their own story about a crazy neighbor.

Is there anyone who lives in close proximity to a lot of houses who has absolutely no complaints about any of the neighbors? Does the perfect neighborhood exist? Sometimes I want to move, and sometimes I think we should just stick it out for another decade because it could be much worse.
Did it ever occur to you that you might be "that neighbor?" Counting cars parked on a public roadway is a very good start. Expecting others to maintain their property to your standards is another clue.

Old 12-24-2019, 05:44 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,378 times
I have had "those" neighbors in the past, but I am more about my privacy, not worrying about others. Multiple cars on the street? I dont care, as long as you dont block the street or my access.

You buys a house, you dont buy your neighbors.

Its when a neighbor sticks their nose in my business is what gets my dander up.

And I have had those before for sure. I now live on a very private larger lot with no HOA, so I dont get those issues. If I want to piddle off my back porch mid day nobody can see me. Freedom! (Not that I would. My wife would skin me...)

Income range doesnt cure things either though. My inlaws lived in a pretty high end 55+ HOA in Inland Empire, CA for 16 years. A neighbor across the street from them had a constant nosy issue with them, and would leave copious passive aggressive notes on their door, complaints to the HOA, send her husband over to discuss "important" issues like their curtians drawing schedule at night, etc....

She even complained about the color of their new car.

This woman did the same to other neighbors as well.

The HOA did nothing as she wasnt really breaking any rules. I would have lost my sh*t over that nonsense, especially with the costs involved to live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House