Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2023, 02:08 PM

2,667 posts, read 1,189,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
Thanks for coming back and letting us know the resolution. I don't think most of us realized the emotional concerns that you had with disposing of it. It sounds like you have worked many of those issues through.
It was a very hard time in my life. I think it was so hard for me to get it out of my home was not just because I feared someone getting the key but it was fear of removing it and then finding I would need it again. I never want to be in the pain I was in back then. I am a certain percent permanently disabled but I don't get disability just regular SS. For whatever reason I focused so much on that one thing and it was the pain, feelings of helplessness, fear of going through that all over again. It's like remove it and then need it and then don't remove it then never need it. Sort of like Insurance.

But I know now deal with that pain and let it go and think positive that I will not need that again. There is more as to why but I won't go into anymore I am letting go and moving on trying to a better life.

Thank you everyone so much for your understanding and helpful suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2023, 02:57 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,660,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post

A friend gave me a brilliant idea for knowing where things are when you need them. She said get an old address book, they are alphabetized and write down where you keep things under the appropriate letter. I haven't done that yet, because I haven't got an address book to use. Probably could find one in the dollar store.

They have those at WalMart, in the same isle as the planners (one week per page calendars) journals, and stuff like that. Usually just have a few of them, because not many people buy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
It is big and bulky and to heavy for my inside door. I live in a building and the key inside is not for the entrance to the building but only for my apt/condo door.

Good point at some point in time I could reuse it. I have a problem letting go of this thing. I hate to spend the money on a locksmith but it beats the telling the medical company I still have it and can't remember the combination. I have been told not to discard it with key inside because who knows who could find it and get it opened. This is worse than all the other crap I wouldn't let go and now finally am.
I saw that you just gave it to the locksmith. That was probably the best thing. If there is a way to open it, he (or she) will know it. The key inside isn't much to a locksmith, since most of them can pick a front door lock in a couple minutes, anyway.

My sympathies on the de-cluttering: I am doing the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House