Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2024, 12:19 AM

7,602 posts, read 3,260,039 times

Advertisements

Cool Chessie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2024, 05:46 AM

9,459 posts, read 5,229,337 times
I'm so looking forward to spring!!!
I have a wrought iron patio set (free!!!), new gorgeous cushions and an outdoor rug. Getting ready for boho summers on the deck. COME ON SPRING!!!! lol.

Old 01-14-2024, 10:32 AM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I'm so looking forward to spring!!!
I have a wrought iron patio set (free!!!), new gorgeous cushions and an outdoor rug. Getting ready for boho summers on the deck. COME ON SPRING!!!! lol.
Oh gosh- not me! We barely have a winter here now… and our summers are miserably hot and humid. Most years we don’t even get a spring. It goes straight from barely winter to miserable summer. I need more cold weather before we get into that crap. I love winter!

Old 01-15-2024, 06:55 AM

2,481 posts, read 1,553,824 times
Congrats, ChessieMom on your new deck! Post pictures when all is ready.

Now you will have to start shopping for deck furniture, lol!

Old 01-16-2024, 09:24 AM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
Congrats, ChessieMom on your new deck! Post pictures when all is ready.

Now you will have to start shopping for deck furniture, lol!
Thanks, and I will. I already have some nice deck furniture - I will be tossing a couple of old plastic lounge chairs that don't get used much anymore. But I will probably spring for some kind of a table and chairs setup - nothing too large. My old deck had a 20ft long bench built into the side, but honestly it wound up being more a place to sit things, rather than a place to sit. I like the polywood furniture - it's low maintenance, I can get it in any colors I want, and it is HEAVY - so if we have any high winds, I know it's not going to blow around the deck.

Old 01-25-2024, 07:15 PM

2,481 posts, read 1,553,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Thanks, and I will. I already have some nice deck furniture - I will be tossing a couple of old plastic lounge chairs that don't get used much anymore. But I will probably spring for some kind of a table and chairs setup - nothing too large. My old deck had a 20ft long bench built into the side, but honestly it wound up being more a place to sit things, rather than a place to sit. I like the polywood furniture - it's low maintenance, I can get it in any colors I want, and it is HEAVY - so if we have any high winds, I know it's not going to blow around the deck.
I have been shopping for furniture for our patio. It seems what I’m looking comes in dirt cheep junk or sticker shock quality, lol. The Polywood brand looks like quality furniture. From what I’ve read you don’t even need to cover it in the winter. I’m looking for an all weather wicker, modular set, though.

Old 01-27-2024, 05:10 AM

9,459 posts, read 5,229,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
I have been shopping for furniture for our patio. It seems what I’m looking comes in dirt cheep junk or sticker shock quality, lol. The Polywood brand looks like quality furniture. From what I’ve read you don’t even need to cover it in the winter. I’m looking for an all weather wicker, modular set, though.
If you're not averse to 'used,' a Front Porch Forum type site might be a place to inquire. Around here, people put great stuff for sale all the time at great prices. They just want a change out.
Best of luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House