Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 06:23 PM

1,290 posts, read 5,438,293 times

Advertisements

After one game?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 06:24 PM

1,075 posts, read 2,917,049 times
This is the one (and only one) area where Houston and I split the sheets.

Moderate Texans fan (great game vs. Indianapolis, congrats!). Go, Texans!

Always moderately rooted for the Oilers (never forget that freaking wild-card game where they blew a huge lead and lost to freaking Buffalo.....................). Why did they have problems? Micromanagement by Bud Adams the owner? Hmmmm, sounds familiar.....

Been a Dallas Cowboys fan since 1960, attended games that year with Dad (I was 3; they gave away endzone tickets at 7-11 to drum up interest, that's how he could afford to go).

Lived and died with the Cowboys through thick and thin, from Tom Landry and Dandy Don and Bob Lilly and the Doomsday Defense and Harvey Martin (who I had the great pleasure of knowing as my next-door neighbor at one time! What a total class act, a huge, gentle, devout, supremely kind man who crazy-mad loved his beautiful little girl) and Whistlin' Ray to Emmitt and Troy and Michael and Jimmy Johnson and the Super Bowls to the current dearth....the only year I had season tickets, we won one (1) game.....

Not happy with the current head coach (Wade Phillips is the Defensive Coordinator and Sidelines Coach; the Head Coach is in the Owner's box...I thought maybe we'd found our QB with Romo, but I don't think he's "it"....).

But, I'll be a Cowboys fan until I die.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:03 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,792 times
Ahh, Dallas Cowboys, the self proclaimed "America's Football Team". Those were the 90s. This is a new day in time.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:29 AM

1,326 posts, read 3,452,172 times
The Texans finally beat the Colts and think they have arrived. LMAO

Let's just end the season right now and hand them the Vince Lombardi trophy already.

Please call me when the Texans actually make the playoffs, much less win 5 Superbowl trophies.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:14 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
The Texans finally beat the Colts and think they have arrived. LMAO

Let's just end the season right now and hand them the Vince Lombardi trophy already.

Please call me when the Texans actually make the playoffs, much less win 5 Superbowl trophies.
The Texans have only been around since 2002. Give them 50 years like the Cowboys, and we'll see.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:28 AM

659 posts, read 1,376,922 times
Well, Houstonians should know too well that building a fancy new stadium doesn't mean the team is going to be any better.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:38 AM

48 posts, read 129,866 times
Not so fast. Gary Kubiak is still head coach and if Schaub is inconsistent again, then it might be another heartbreaker of a season.

GO JETS!!

Old 09-16-2010, 02:34 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2Katy View Post
Not so fast. Gary Kubiak is still head coach and if Schaub is inconsistent again, then it might be another heartbreaker of a season.

GO JETS!!
Gary Kubiak has gotten better, and when was the last time Schaub was inconsistent throughout a season?

Go Jets? Did you watch their game last Monday?

Old 09-16-2010, 03:02 PM

634 posts, read 1,448,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Remember this though, Manning threw for over 400 yards, but that was in garbage time. His last two TDs and his last 150 yards passing thrown were when the Texans were playing the Prevent defense (for the final seven minutes). Basically, the game was over. It's why the Colts onside kicked it twice (after each of Manning's last two TDs). Stats don't tell the whole story of the game. The Texans dominated.
Games are never won on paper. That's why you take the field. A team can win a game with a QB who throws for fewer than 200 yards. Me personally, I want my defense to stand firm, regardless of whether or not we're playing "garbage" time or not. It's not professional football, but I'm thinking of the Virginia/USC game last weekend (poor performance by the Trojans, but I hate Lane Kiffin, so whatevs). The defense let the Cavaliers score in the waning seconds of the game (the Cavaliers still lost, but the statement was pretty evident), and you could see that Kiffin was disturbed by the push. But I agree that the Texans dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and that the Colts were performing an exercise in futility.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:13 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,452,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
The Texans have only been around since 2002. Give them 50 years like the Cowboys, and we'll see.
The Oilers had 35 years and never even got to a Superbowl.
Sadly, I foresee a similar future for the Texans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston