Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 06:18 PM

186 posts, read 188,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRdad View Post
Well tell 'these guys you know' to not got there too frequently because they're making the parking lot look good or safe enough for some who is not into gangbanger-types. I personally only see the same cars upfront where the sprinklers are. Customer cars are at the backside, unless the car is being made accessible to buyers.
So tell me why do people bring their sportscars over here then? and why do they travel so far to leave their cars in Alief?
clear bra? thats swag
Yeah Saran Wrap bra and detail services. Some other people just buy wheels from him or maybe you folks call the rim zzz. I know those guys. They are not my friends. Those cars out there do nothing for the hood. You can't put lipstick on a pig

you are the one justifying your neighborhood isn't bad because of fancy cars around, I didn't bring that up. And every thread that bashes alief you jump in to justify how close it is to the galleria and that there are good schools. Lol. If you enjoy living there good for you. Believe me, I am not trying to recruit you into my side of town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 06:26 PM

186 posts, read 188,878 times
Quote:
oh youre probably too old and 'high-value' for my neighborhood.. Feel free to visit anytime. I'm sure you still have 'friends'/family to show off to around here
LOL
1. You are delusional to think that only pretentious people want the best for their kids.
2. I would be willing to bet you are older than me
3. Nope, no family. I love my family. No way I would leave any of them behind in that cesspool. But I'll be sure to stop by during the day to buy some pho

Old 12-10-2013, 09:12 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,550,908 times
blackie, i get to work in galleria in 10-20 mins and this is eating you inside? I'm happy here. I got what i need here. I grew sum balls while youre getting your nails polished(figuratively) so i see things a bit more positively.
Youre a typical houstonian to me. Seems its your job to make sure other older neighborhood dont get moved into. Well i hate to break it to you but not more than 1% goes on c-d so were really not making much difference.
When it comes to schools and neighborhoods, i'm personally not sure whats the right formula especially seeing how the middleclass millenials turned out and how h1b workers are still in demand. I need more time understanding whats really going on. This is another thing common knowledge is useless to me. Bare with me but i'm also consciously making sure i dont raise fat wimps

Old 12-11-2013, 07:17 AM

*yawn* good morning from Alief. Just getting ready for a quick shower and breakfast. I feel lucky because most people dont get those in the morning. Also just verified my 5yo memorized the location of each country in the world and finally reading the encyclopedia. Hope this is a sign hes going to Kerr HS. LOL.
Hope you guys got a nice sunrise during your commutes

Old 12-11-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
okidoki. so ok those are areas to stay away from. its no so bad that its even farther that where i'm at.
i didnt realized you ex-Alief people messed up so much. Which neighborhood are you messing up now? I see wives in Missouri City are getting killed. is this your new neighborhood?
Latest killing in that side of Alief: between roommates? thats messed up
HPD: Man found shot in head after arguing with roommate | khou.com Houston

This is borderline Alief area too I guess
http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Husba...235317101.html

Old 09-27-2014, 05:48 AM

167 posts, read 248,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Club Creek Drive, from Beechnut to Bissonnet, is a cesspool. I receive daily emails listing reported crimes in that area and wonder how people can live there. And I suffered an attempted carjacking close to there a few years ago (described in post 13 in the below link). Fortunately, I live on a quiet street far enough away from there that I dont have to worry, too much, about the crime element that inhabits those apartments.

//www.city-data.com/forum/houst...l#post12288833
Trannies and prostitutes run the Club Creek Drive between Beechnut and Bissonett. Obviously many folks haven't hung out around Woodfair at night. The run down apartment and densely populated poor is a big problem right there.

On the other hand, Alief along the Highway-6 corridor is just fine. Actually with Shell Research relocated there from Bellaire, I see a big come back attached to some areas of Alief attached to the energy corridor.

Old 09-27-2014, 09:49 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,074,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
I'm pretty sure most of Alief is still unincorporated. Alief isn't really a good place. they have some okay areas, west pf highway 6 and in mission bend. It is being squeezed in my nicer areas on three sides though, so we will see what happens.
About 2/3rds of the territory in Alief ISD was annexed by the COH, but there is a bit still unincrorporated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Alief is really NOT that bad, I'm a black Latina (Cuban/Colombian) & grew up in Alief & went to college in Waco. I didn't have any problems nor was I scared nor do I own a gun. People make a big deal out of things they don't know &/or fear.
It may help to say were in Alief ISD you grew up in so it is understood how the area is doing.

Old 09-27-2014, 02:09 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,030,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
About 2/3rds of the territory in Alief ISD was annexed by the COH, but there is a bit still unincrorporated.

It may help to say were in Alief ISD you grew up in so it is understood how the area is doing.

I actually work in Alief ISD too so I am well aware of how it is these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston